Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NameCheap .NET reg's are $12.48 now? Wow
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

NameCheap .NET reg's are $12.48 now? Wow

Lol, wtf happened to .net's? Are they coming lined with gold leaf now?

Comments

• edited September 2015

Verisign raised the cost of .net extensions.
    Seeing as Namecheap is also using Enom for some extensions including .NET, that price is even higher. I know we are stuck paying $9.85 through Enom now.

• Check resell.biz. Deposit $500 and it's not so terrible. However, I'm convinced they sold my email address.

• Dynadot has them for $5.99, not bulk/special pricing. Everyday pricing. The renewal is pretty stiff.

• I checked around after I bought it and noticed bunch of places are still cheaper/lower priced, but I fucking hate having domains splattered around at random registrars, so.... You win this time NameCheap :)

Thanked by 1doughmanes
  • $9.29 at NameSilo, just in case anyone else is shopping around.

• $9.19 at Internet.bs, consistently the cheapest registrar I find.

• @Steven_F said:
    Check resell.biz. Deposit $500 and it's not so terrible. However, I'm convinced they sold my email address.

I recall having my email sold from DealExtreme (if you know what that is), then some Chinese website called "NewFrogg," then "EverBuying..." Interesting how easy it is to get your email address sold, isn't it?

• DylanDylan Member
    edited September 2015

@Roph said:
    $9.19 at Internet.bs, consistently the cheapest registrar I find.

Internet.bs's pricing is a bit deceptive. Notice how they say "prices as low as..."

The lowest prices (like that $9.19) are only available for people with 2000+ domains, who make (large) wire transfer payments.

Their regular "Basic" price, the one that applies to 99% of people, is $9.99 for a .net.

At NameSilo, a .net is regularly $9.29, and they go as low as $8.69 in the discount program.

Thanked by 1telephone