Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Payment Gateway
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Payment Gateway

I'm looking for a payment gateway, and I was wondering if there are any recommendations?

Authorize.net is the big one, I know. PayPal also has an option. I'm willing to pay more than the $0.10 per transaction both are charging if it includes better fraud protection and guarantees. I'd love to hear opinions and people I might be missing.

Comments

• IgniteServersIgniteServers Member
    edited September 2015

For fraud protection Id say use maxmind, authorize.net and eonlinedata work together one process & secures the payment and one deposits the payments into your bank but < equal loads of fees I can tell you that right now, I just cancelled my contract with Authorize.net and eonlinedata because of loads of fees and such. I now use paypal, looking to implement skrill here in a few days and I also use paysimple for offline and direct credit card payment.

In the last 17 days I had to refund 1 payment the fee was $6.75 the payment was $22.87 some of that might be caused by my bank but still all in all that is more than 25% of the actual payment. Your welcome to check them out though I mean I guess it depends on the sales of your company I have small sales 1,000-1,500/mo so it depends on a lot of things.

• Owned by PP, but have you had a look at BrainTree?

• Stripe? We've had a good experience with them since moving away from Braintree.

• I usually like to pay via Stripe. Check if Stripe is available on your country (business location). For example, I can pay with Stripe, but I can't open an account to receive payments on my country.

• @mikeyur said:

Their fees are extremely unreasonable, compared to other solutions. Over double what we'd be paying using a merchant and gateway approach.

@OnraHost said:

Forgot about them. Still, their fees are a over 2.5x higher than the merchant/gateway approach.

$6 fee to refund?! That's crazy!

• linuxthefishlinuxthefish Member
    edited September 2015

Keep the fraud protection as something you can control, why not just inspect each order after payment and refund if maxmind and fraudrecord aren't working? Nothing worse than having a $200 payment from a long term client blocked by your processor and finding out they won't budge...

Thanked by 1coolice
  • I'd like stringent fraud measures in our merchant on-top of our internal fraud measures.

• @Steven_F said:
    I'd like stringent fraud measures in our merchant on-top of our internal fraud measures.

2checkout then, their system is very sensitive.

• @Steven_F said: Their fees are extremely unreasonable, compared to other solutions. Over double what we'd be paying using a merchant and gateway approach.

You kinda get what you pay for. We just roll the fees into the cost of the service and adjust prices accordingly.

I like the support and immediate access to funds, the rolling 15/30/60/90+ day schedule for holding onto XX% with most merchants is a hassle (we're still waiting for 5 figures to be released from our old merchant).

Paypal is deposited within a couple days, Stripe is 7 days.. just so much easier to deal with.

• Steven_F said: Forgot about them. Still, their fees are a over 2.5x higher than the merchant/gateway approach.

I think it's free for the first $50k, but you may need to qualify to be on that program.

• StealthyHostingStealthyHosting Member, Host Rep

If you are looking for a full merchant account http://www.cdgcommerce.com/ has been great for us. Also supports tokenized credit cards and maxmind. Can easily decline cards over maxmind score and rarely deal with voiding bad payments.

• SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep

BitPay has been pretty wonderful for us with Bitcoin. Painless, feeless, and fraudless. :)

• AlbaHostAlbaHost Member, Host Rep

@linuxthefish said:
    2checkout then, their system is very sensitive.

Stay away from 2checkout, they closed our account due for "maximum fraud reached" which it was in 3 month 2-3 times that someone used hacked credit card which their security system didn't detect it.

• I use Braintree, BitPay, PayPal and bringing a few more online soon. But I used stripe for years until they issued a bunch of charge backs that weren't done by the customer. I contacted Stripe and they said the customer raised the dispute. I contacted the customer and they said they didn't and even provided me all of their information to prove it was their card. Even showed me a screens hot of their bank account of the charge and no dispute. Oddly enough, some of them "closed" in my favor but a few didn't. Needless to say, waiting for a reply from them was too long and I moved away from Stripe. I don't recommend them at all. Sad part of all of it, I had a 2.78% fraud rate with then, GVH had like a 60% and they didn't do anything to that account. Heh... go figure.

• It would be great if more providers could support IBAN direct debit.

No fees, no fraud (if an irreversible manual transaction is required for the first month) and your account can't be suspended.

Bitcoin works,too, it's just more complicated for the customer and there is no subscription option.

• 4n0nx said: It would be great if more providers could support IBAN direct debit.

We've supported this on all brands for 2-3 years, but almost no-one uses it. Skrill is more popular!

• MarkTurner said: We've supported this on all brands for 2-3 years, but almost no-one uses it. Skrill is more popular!

oh -.- Maybe because no one knows :D

• vfusevfuse Member, Host Rep

IBAN direct debit is nice but you'll have to login to your bank account enter all the details (for international transaction usually a lot of info), wait for other party till they receive the funds, then they'll have to manually process the transaction and provision the service.

• vfuse said: IBAN direct debit is nice but you'll have to login to your bank account enter all the details (for international transaction usually a lot of info), wait for other party till they receive the funds, then they'll have to manually process the transaction and provision the service.

o? I just type the info off my bank card and done, server up. At least that's how Hetzner did it, I have not tried it with online.net.

• vfusevfuse Member, Host Rep

@4n0nx said:
    o? I just type the info off my bank card and done, server up. At least that's how Hetzner did it, I have not tried it with online.net.

If you paid with your bank card that's not a direct debit transfer.

• vfuse said: If you paid with your bank card that's not a direct debit transfer.

The bank card is connected to an IBAN account, you just type of the # . No need to do what you said:

vfuse said: IBAN direct debit is nice but you'll have to login to your bank account enter all the details (for international transaction usually a lot of info), wait for other party till they receive the funds, then they'll have to manually process the transaction and provision the service.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

As others have said you are best off handling your fraud prevention techniques within your cart system /Whmcs, etc).

I have heard stripe has some neat features including the ability to provide you with the location of where the card is originated from. So they might be worth a look.