Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dacentec left with only /30 ipv4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dacentec left with only /30 ipv4

agentmishraagentmishra Member, Host Rep

i recently noticed that dacentec is left out with only /30 ipv4 blocks...

i have a ticket with them since long, and they arent able to provide the larger blocks...

i wonder what would happen... (when there isnt any ipv4 left...)

Comments

• ip6 revolution

• @ehab said:
    ip6 revolution

• They are obtaining larger blocks.

We are in the process of acquiring larger blacks and more IP's now. We will list them as soon as we have them available.

>

Thank You,

>

Josh J

• jonbeardjonbeard Member, Patron Provider

@wych said:
    We are in the process of acquiring larger blacks and more IP's now. We will list them as > soon as we have them available.

Thank You,

Josh J

Damnit Josh LOL! Couldn't help but chuckle at that typo ^_^

• agentmishraagentmishra Member, Host Rep

@wych said:
    They are obtaining larger blocks.

they said it to me also and am awaiting the arrival since last 15+ days...

any one has any idea about the time it takes for the ip procurement

• agentmishra said: any one has any idea about the time it takes for the ip procurement

Depending on who you are dealing with it might be better to guess the length of some string.

@jonbeard said:
    Damnit Josh LOL! Couldn't help but chuckle at that typo ^_^

haha

never mind, it happens when you are under pressure...

• @agentmishra said:
    any one has any idea about the time it takes for the ip procurement

If they're on the ARIN waiting list, probably a long time. If they're getting them through a broker, anyone's guess.

• armindsarminds Member, Host Rep

@Dacentec are very good so far. And I don't think they will leave us with no IPs to serve our customers.

Thanked by 1agentmishra
  • If they're short on IPs, why sell VPSes for $1? :/

Thanked by 2MarkTurner Maounique

@arminds said:
    Dacentec are very good so far. And I don't think they will leave us with no IPs to serve our customers.

i totally agree..

Thanked by 1arminds
  • To be able to get more ASAP.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

I assume they are looking to buy space. I didn't realize they only had 44,000 IPs.

• Maybe @william can help them :)

• I bought a cheap server from them a week ago and ordered a /29, they delivered without any problem in a couple of days together with the delivery of the server.

@jvnadr said:
    I bought a cheap server from them a week ago and ordered a /29, they delivered without any problem in a couple of days together with the delivery of the server.

their servers are really good and as is their service...

• @jbiloh said:
    I assume they are looking to buy space. I didn't realize they only had 44,000 IPs.

Yes, in part due to IP hoarders who get 800k IPs for a no-name city DC + handful of SCnet POPs.

Add a few other of my favorite IP hoarders who got 100k between a few dedicated servers, and some sheer bastards like Zeniva who helped more hoarding, not to mention my favorite knockaround guy in LA, and legitimate ISPs must suffer now as the shysters lie in waiting.

Thanked by 2kalam vimalware
  • GStanley said: Yes, in part due to IP hoarders

If your not fast your last!

• Oh that was quick, good thing I was able to get /29 on a new server two days ago

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

In other news, ARIN only has 20pcs of /24s left at the moment.
    https://www.arin.net/resources/request/ipv4_countdown.html

• ARIN gave too many IPs to IP wasters, such as Akamai. lol

what a bout those offers sometimes back, with arround 5 ips in a vps (not talking about the resource pool)...

• Good operators like Dacentec deserve those ips more than certain shell-company 'CEO's.

Thanked by 1wych