Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Virtualizor 2.7.9 Launched
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Virtualizor 2.7.9 Launched

The Virtualizor Team has released Virtualizor 2.7.9
This version has fixes some bugs and added some features.
The following is a list of changes in this version :

[Feature] Added setting to disable option for endusers. Like Rescue mode, Change Hostname, Change Password, OS Reinstall etc.

[BugFix] On KVM enduser panel the CPU utilization was not shown right. This is fixed.

[BugFix] On CentOS 6 OpenVZ kernels VPS(s) were created with ploop enabled by default even if user has not set the setting from Admin panel. This is fixed. Now if the setting is not enabled by default the VMs will be made as simfs.

[BugFix] Novnc was not working in WHMCS module for Xenserver VPSs. This is fixed.

[BugFix] If the Shell command was of different language in that case Virtualizor was not able to detect the Status of VMs. This is fixed.

[BugFix] Admin login page UI was not compatible in Mobile view. This is fixed.

[BugFix] While deleting the backup folder Virtualizor was deleting the whole backup directory. Now directory will be deleted which were created by the Virtualizor.

[BugFix] When rescue mode was enabled for VPSs having file based storage, the disk sizes were shown incorrectly in rescue mode. This is fixed.

Virtualizor supports OpenVZ, Xen, XenServer and Linux-KVM on CentOS and Ubuntu and they all can be managed from the Master. We are adding more features and if you have any suggestions, do let us know. We hope you enjoy this version of Virtualizor.

Regards,
The Virtualizor Team

Comments

• Bruce said: On CentOS 6 OpenVZ kernels VPS(s) were created with ploop enabled by default even if user has not set the setting from Admin panel. This is fixed. Now if the setting is not enabled by default the VMs will be made as simfs.

Yey finally!

• [BugFix] On KVM enduser panel the CPU utilization was not shown right. This is fixed.

it working now. good job!

• Bruce said: [BugFix] On CentOS 6 OpenVZ kernels VPS(s) were created with ploop enabled by default even if user has not set the setting from Admin panel. This is fixed. Now if the setting is not enabled by default the VMs will be made as simfs.

Best fix in this update imho. I've been already wondering why the VPSs were all ploop even though I didn't tick ploop in the panel and my vz.conf has simfs set as default.

ploop is the sh**t. I don't like it. Fake I/O of like over 600 MB/s on a old Sata HDD with years over years of runtime... And useless waste of space and whatever. Shitty filesystem for OpenVZ containers. Simfs is the thing.

• agentmishraagentmishra Member, Host Rep

some excellent news UBUNTU supported...

• Great another bug..
    Latest Version Could not connect to Virtualizor

• @GalaxyHostPlus said:
    Great another bug..
    Latest Version Could not connect to Virtualizor

What do you mean? Mine works fine. What's the problem?

• @Hidden_Refuge said:
    What do you mean? Mine works fine. What's the problem?

Seems like they fixed it now :)

I will check if they fixed the others bugs I'm fighting with them to fix.

• Nice to see some of the bugs we reported being fixed.

• Hidden_Refuge said: Shitty filesystem for OpenVZ containers. Simfs is the thing.

This. Using ploop and have some unrecoverable filesystem corruption on the singular disk file due to RAID controller issues? GOOD NEWS: Your client's lost all their data. The end.

I hope they fired whoever wasted all their time coming up with this ploop basura.

• I remember fighting it out with the softaculous support staff over ploop April of this year, and forced simfs back then in the vz.conf and they are just now realizing it really was the shit I said it was?

• Looks like time to port back to SolusVM they promised me bug to be fixed in 2.7.9 and they never did this...

• @GalaxyHostPlus said:
    Looks like time to port back to SolusVM they promised me bug to be fixed in 2.7.9 and they never did this...

What bugs?

• @wych said:
    What bugs?

VID Bug if you create more than one VPS on same node at same time it will create under same VID

• SpartanHostSpartanHost Member, Host Rep
    edited September 2015

@GalaxyHostPlus said:
    VID Bug if you create more than one VPS on same node at same time it will create under same VID

As in one after another?

• @SpartanHost said:

I think he means if one order contains multiple vps services, upon accept/approve, all are created with same VID.

IF so, what virt are you using? I use Xen/KVM and have never run into that problem

• SpartanHostSpartanHost Member, Host Rep

@OnraHost said:
    IF so, what virt are you using? I use Xen/KVM and have never run into that problem

Ah, we use KVM and have never had that problem either.

• Using for KVM with slaves too, never had an issue.

• quadhostquadhost Member
    edited September 2015

We have OpenVZ in the mix and don't appear to have the VID issue?
    Waiting on the new IPv6 generator we have discussed and some tweaks to the gzip migration functionality.

Do you have 2x quantity of the product with same config's or two seperate products in the cart @GalaxyHostPlus ?

• Nice. It will be useful for me one day

• @quadhost said:
    We have OpenVZ in the mix and don't appear to have the VID issue?
    Waiting on the new IPv6 generator we have discussed and some tweaks to the gzip migration functionality.

Do you have 2x quantity of the product with same config's or two seperate products in the cart GalaxyHostPlus ?

It happens with quantity and separate products.
    We using OpenVZ also.
    Virtualizor told us they also have other clients with same issue.

• Do the Virtualizor guys have a license verification sytem like cPanel or WHMCS does? I went to the Softaculous license verification page but it seems not to be for Virtualizor.

• https://www.softaculous.com/softaculous/verify seems to work, just checked with some of our slave IP's.

• @Hidden_Refuge said:
    Do the Virtualizor guys have a license verification sytem like cPanel or WHMCS does? I went to the Softaculous license verification page but it seems not to be for Virtualizor.

Yes it requires licensing.

• agentmishraagentmishra Member, Host Rep

i just noticed, this version do not recognize /128 ipv6, instead it requires /128 to be written as /127

• teknolaizteknolaiz Member
    edited September 2015

@AshleyUk said:
    https://www.softaculous.com/softaculous/verify seems to work, just checked with some of our slave IP's.

I tested it with the master I have for 5 VPSs and it keeps saying no license installed. I go into my Virtualizor and there I see a premium license and it's active. So I was wondering.

See below:
    http://i.imgur.com/oTZjTI1.png

http://i.imgur.com/fnmFEzZ.png

• @Hidden_Refuge said:
    I tested it with the master I have for 5 VPSs and it keeps saying no license installed. I go into my Virtualizor and there I see a premium license and it's active. So I was wondering.

Its probably not called home or checked yet, mine used to show the old expiry date in the panel even though it had been renewed, it updated a few weeks later.