Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

why denmark vps expensive than sweden vps?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

why denmark vps expensive than sweden vps?

I find a provider unoeuro.
but not support paypal
why denmark so expensive ..any cheap provider?

Comments

• Higher costs?

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Why is France cheaper than the UK?

Why is France cheaper than Spain?

Why is Norway more than Sweden?

Just because countries are close or share boarders has nothing to do with the socioeconomic and governmental and private pricing structures.

Its like asking why the Ford Mondeo is more than the Ford Fiesta just because they are parked side by side..

• Power, real estate, price of bandwidth, ...
    That's why a lot of Danish sites are hosted in Sweden or Germany.

• For SE<>DK there is not much "real" reason for different prices, BW costs the same in STO carrier hotels as in Kopenhagen (Portlane is not the norm in STO, they are cheaper than the "usual" pricing, same for HE) - Space and power cost nearly the same as well. DK has not as many DCs and ISPs though so not as much competition, most fiber is also owned by a few large telcos that are (per wave) more expensive than i.e. Telia in Sweden (which charges the same pricing "per mile" locally as internationally, so fairly cheap). Cooling is cheaper in Sweden, but that depends on city.

Examples:

100Mbit 95% + 1U + 220W on Dual Power + BGP/Announce (from 2013) costs around 400EUR in InterXion Kopenhagen

100Mbit 95% + 1U + 220W on Dual Power + BGP/Announce (from 2015) costs around 300EUR in Portlane Kista/Nacka

100Mbit 95% + 1U + 220W on Dual Power + BGP/Announce (from 2015) costs around 450EUR in Host1 Oslo (with singlehomed Portlane BW, else ~30-50% more)

• jonbeardjonbeard Member, Patron Provider

Why is store brand milk cheaper than name brand milk?

/sarcasm

• Sweden is a LOT cheaper for network, there is better access to dark fibre and also the community networks (Stadsnat) given open access to access networks. So delivering an FE/GE/10GE to a customer is a lot cheaper in Sweden.

For example, in Stockholm its cheaper for me to deliver 10GE to a customer's office than it is for be to deliver to a datacentre eg Telecity, because the price we pay for dark fibre is lower than the stupidly priced cross-connects.

Also the way Telia has decoupled their infrastructure into Scanova makes things a whole lot easier.

TDC hasn't followed suit in Demark in the same way so its still very much a controlled market.

• who use meebox? why I send ticket no reply?

• ttsaon said: why I send ticket no reply?

Probably because their network is crap. After clicking on the link, their site took 20 seconds to respond! That's not even good enough for hobby use.

• @Ole_Juul said:

That sounds a bit too harsh...

Took like 3 seconds to load from Germany with lousy DSL.

And pingdom is reporting this from Amsterdam:

But well, someone should just try and post some benchmarks here, this is not really representative.

• salakis said: That sounds a bit too harsh...

You're likely right as far as the actual network is concerned, but when their web site is rummaging around in the back looking for some files while the user is waiting is not exactly impressive.

• I have a smallest vps with them. So far I'm quite happy with the vps.