Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

URPAD vs ChicagoVPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

URPAD vs ChicagoVPS

darknessendsdarknessends Member
edited December 2012 in General

Hi guys,

Both of them did amazing LEB offer - URPAD did 1GB RAM while ChicagoVPS did 2GB RAM.
Considering both of their prices being really great for what they offered I would like to ask you guys which one did u like better, Also if someone bought both of them whom do u think should be a choice.

And we welcome such astonishing offers :)

Comments

• only bought one from URPAD located on Dallas, so i can only give one review.

on first week network and disk i/o were poor. perhaps it's because a lot of user doing benchmark in same time

but now i'm satisfied with their network and disk i/o.

• Ok good.

• urpad VPS usually stay the way they are or better, cvps however do the difference.

• LeeLee Veteran

I got both and to be honest they run great, no difference between them. Although I have noticed chicagovps are now allowing you to backup the container from solus and it is moved off site. Nice touch that many dont offer but you cant actually get access to the container backup which would have been nice, not that I am complaining.

• Urpad all the way. ChicagoVPS has made many, many mistakes while in business which makes me not want to purchase a VPS from them.

• edited December 2012

URPad, for sure.

=P

• LAKidLAKid Member
    edited December 2012

Urpad LA I/O speed 3 support: fast, polite
    CVps LA I/O speed 121 support: rude, no answer
    guess what's better.

• @MannDude: I do have to ask though, what's with the I/O? Besides for that everything else is perfect, but the I/O is atrocious.

• @HalfEatenPie said: @MannDude: I do have to ask though, what's with the I/O? Besides for that everything else is perfect, but the I/O is atrocious.

I guess it depends on what node you're on to be honest. We've got tons of servers all over the place. The vast majority of them are running excellent with very happy customers on them. I understand that it appears some aren't as happy (Well, when reading LET anyway), and if that's the case simply log a ticket and we'll see whats going on and what we can do to correct the issue.

We want everyone to be satisfied with their service and we'll always try to accommodate requests for things as best we can.

• I honestly like both. I've gotten good deals from both companies, and I'm presently using both. I've been with Urpad for a year, and ChicagoVPS for less than 6 months. I mostly use the servers for storage and VPN.

In terms of service response time, I'll go with Urpad. ChicagoVPS on the other hand gives away great promos on VPS. Either way, it's been great for the customers in the long run.

• HalfEatenPieHalfEatenPie Veteran
    edited December 2012

@MannDude said: I guess it depends on what node you're on to be honest. We've got tons of servers all over the place. The vast majority of them are running excellent with very happy customers on them. I understand that it appears some aren't as happy (Well, when reading LET anyway), and if that's the case simply log a ticket and we'll see whats going on and what we can do to correct the issue.

I've already logged a ticket and I was informed everything was running fine, therefore it was my issue (entire reason why its just sitting there idle right now)

• LAKidLAKid Member
    edited December 2012

Here is the bottom line; Urpad oversells like 1000%, so I/O is single digit, but ticket reply is fast, polite at least, CVPS oversells like 500%, faster I/O, nightly reboot, Rude or none-reply to the ticket.
    If you have money, avoid both,
    budget? Can't complain.

• RobertClarkeRobertClarke Member, Host Rep

Stay the bloody hell away from urpad, never seen overselling so bad.

• @Jeffrey said: ChicagoVPS has made many, many mistakes while in business which makes me not want to purchase a VPS from them.

Seen many terrible comments by their "owner" on Low End Box accusing random people of trying to discredit him and his company when.. he does a fairly good job in how he conducts himself online in convincing people to go to other VPS providers.

I've been a customer of CVPS over four times.

Poor I/O is usually why I leave. I come back suckered in with a promo and always leave because of I/O. The towel was thrown in over the "SolusVM hack" and the completely unprofessional way that was handled. That $12/year promo was absolute crap.. I bet nobody complained like I did when that VPS was deleting during the infamous "hack"

• LeeLee Veteran

Both are big providers with a lot of customers, you will always see good and bad. But at the end of the day I am willing to bet the % of overall customers to "visible" complaints is very low. So by far the majority are happy.

I will be honest and say that I would not have went near URPad due to staffing, i.e. differences with FTN-Kevin, nice guy but just not someone I would want to deal with on a business level.

I have however since he left tried their services having a VPS in Iceland and Texas. No issues, support is fast, VPS's are all fine and fast with great uptime. You will See Chris and Curtis about all the time but there are others working in the background and that feels good that it's not down to just 1 person as with many providers.

• @W1V_Lee said: I will be honest and say that I would not have went near URPad due to staffing, i.e. differences with FTN-Kevin, nice guy but just not someone I would want to deal with on a business level.

ChicagoVPS-Kevin now I think.

• LeeLee Veteran

Indeed ^^

• LeeLee Veteran

for the DD whores amongst you:

URPad iceland:

1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 7.1588 s, 150 MB/s

URPad Texas:

1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 12.1991 s, 88.6 MB/s

Perfectley fine for me.

• @W1V_Lee said: for the DD whores amongst you:

In before they complain about you not providing the syntax of your dd test.

• LeeLee Veteran

dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync

:)

• we're talking about LA node, not iceland or texas that nobody's on.

• @LAKid said: we're talking

Don't you just talk shit?

• @LAKid said: we're talking

And also anon make crap reviews about providers who boot you?

• LeeLee Veteran

@LAKid - We are talking about what the OP asked, not specifically about one node.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited December 2012

@LAKid said: we're talking about LA node, not iceland or texas that nobody's on.

I am actually in Dallas. Didnt do any test yet, I only got it last week, the yearly deal.
    It doesnt have IPv6 so I will give it away to a friend of mine in Brazil which does webdesign. Will do a test tho, when I have time and things are settled.
    Long ago when CVPS just launched the 2 Gb deal for 7 $ i wanted to sign with them, but failed, my payment didnt get through, so I dont know about CVPS excedpt from ppl that asked me to install/fix some problems there and looked decent for the money. I liked the network most.

• Never used Chicago VPS before. And I ve been with urPad for a short time before I had an issue with 2CO. The VPS was running fine and support was acting quick on urPad before that 2CO issue. They also has some nice locations for European users

• edited December 2012

@W1V_Lee said: You will See Chris and Curtis about all the time but there are others working in the background and that feels good that it's not down to just 1 person as with many providers.

Yeah, we're constantly around and available. We've got another new guy this week aswell, and have a good support staff outside of us three too. Most certainly not a one man team.

@LAKid said: we're talking about LA node, not iceland or texas that nobody's on.

You make it sound like we have one node in LA. We have quite a few in LA. As far as Texas and Iceland goes, we've got plenty of customers happily setup in those areas as well. I don't know why you would think someone wouldn't choose the wonderful central US location of Dallas, TX or the Iceland location which has obvious benefits of choosing. LA is a popular location, sure. It's popular for it's own reasons just as Dallas, Iceland, Buffalo and any other location of ours is popular for their own reasons.

@Maounique said: I am actually in Dallas. Didnt do any test yet, I only got it last week, the yearly deal.

It doesnt have IPv6 so I will give it away to a friend of mine in Brazil which does webdesign. Will do a test tho, when I have time and things are settled.

Correction, doesn't have IPv6 yet... =]

@RosenCruz said: Never used Chicago VPS before. And I ve been with urPad for a short time before I had an issue with 2CO. The VPS was running fine and support was acting quick on urPad before that 2CO issue. They also has some nice locations for European users

What was the 2CO issue? Was it something we could fix or was it solely related to 2CO? If it's something you feel we can correct, shoot us a ticket and we'll look into it for you!

• @MannDude said: What was the 2CO issue? Was it something we could fix or was it solely related to 2CO? If it's something you feel we can correct, shoot us a ticket and we'll look into it for you!

We had a discussion with Kevin or some other support representative with a ticket actually. When a reply came in 6 days, I had already switched to LFCVPS. I did not/never blame urpad, I guess tickets from a fraud-suspected order should not have high priority. And I had the same issue with 2CO when I was with Delimiter.us before. So I did not blame urpad, wished Kevin or some represantative best luck in business and closed the ticket.

the VPS was fine with no issues and I got very fast a few support replies with urpad. That's why I came to this thread to tell my experience so it can be helpful with others. This was no criticism. And that last yearly deal was an awesome. I would definitely buy one if I could ;)

• @MannDude said: Most certainly not a one man team.

What's wrong with one man teams? You make it sound dirty ;)

• @MannDude Whatever the argument is, I sincerely hope the LA node becomes stable as before, you guys used to be reliable.