Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Solus VM api Charts
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Solus VM api Charts

Hi
I am looking to create a very simple control panel using solusvm api for wordpress for easy managment of servers.
Currnt Status

I am looking to add the graphs that are provided in the Solusvm control Panel. I could track down the ram usage and create a chart from that but What about the network usage ?

Any ideas how to get values for the network usage etc?

Comments

• telephonetelephone Member
    edited September 2015

The current (v1) SolusVM client API is very limited. To do what you want, you'd have to create a script that interacts with the client panel (login and scrape the panel).

Docs: SolusVM - Client API

• @telephone...II knew that...But that is my very last option...:-(...Besides I don't want to scrape data...Its unethical...:-(

• Perhaps look at the current script and that enables the graphs and work from that.

• @IgniteServers...Didn't get you man....This script is written by me :-)

• Why not use the same method to generate the graphs as the solusVM module for WHMCS?

• @wych...I don't have the module...

• @noaman said:
    telephone...II knew that...But that is my very last option...:-(...Besides I don't want to scrape data...Its unethical...:-(

Scraping isn't unethical. You're logging into your account and collecting the data. What's unethical is scraping content for your own monetary gain (using another parties content as your own).

@wych said:
    Why not use the same method to generate the graphs as the solusVM module for WHMCS?

That uses the Admin API. If the OP is interacting with different hosts as a client, this feature is not available.

• @telephone said:
    That uses the Admin API. If the OP is interacting with different hosts as a client, this feature is not available.

True, I assumed he would be using his own servers; no idea why.

telephone said: Scraping isn't unethical. You're logging into your account and collecting the data. What's unethical is scraping content for your own monetary gain (using another parties content as your own).

+1.

• Bro...Ioncube...

• @noaman
    Ioncube is no problem #decodethatshit

• @wych... i will scrape it....

• @noaman Are you still working on this wordpress plugin? is it available for public?

• edited August 2016

@WebGuru said:
    @noaman Are you still working on this wordpress plugin? is it available for public?

Thread from 2015 I'm sure it will help...

• @GalaxyHostPlus said:

@WebGuru said:
    @noaman Are you still working on this wordpress plugin? is it available for public?

It's not an old offer thread so we are allowed to bump if interested ;) Just found it while searching for something and i am interested so thought to ask him if he is still working on this plugin.

• @WebGuru said:

@GalaxyHostPlus said:

@WebGuru said:

It's not an old offer thread so we are allowed to bump if interested ;) Just found it while searching for something and i am interested so thought to ask him if he is still working on this plugin.

I just finished developing a very similar Wordpress plugin though its not going to become publicly available ever.

But having said that you can look into http://www.ezservermonitor.com/ - that is what I integrated into my Wordpress plugin. Works fantastic and doesn't depend on any API - it reads directly from the VPS/Server.

As for rebooting the VPS you can do that through the SolusVM API, maybe have a look into their WHMCS module assuming its not encoded.

• @zafouhar said:
    I just finished developing a very similar Wordpress plugin though its not going to become publicly available ever.

But having said that you can look into http://www.ezservermonitor.com/ - that is what I integrated into my Wordpress plugin. Works fantastic and doesn't depend on any API - it reads directly from the VPS/Server.

As for rebooting the VPS you can do that through the SolusVM API, maybe have a look into their WHMCS module assuming its not encoded.

Thanks for sharing the link looks interesting. Boot/Status/Reboot/Shutdown/Info etc are pretty easy to do through API and i already created a crontab for that which runs a php file to check SolusVM status if it's online thn ok otherwise run the boot command. Also created a php page to monitor and check the details of multiple SolusVM vps.

I guess i will have to work on my own little wordpress plugin you seems not interested in making the code publicly available :P

• I don't where i put the file ...you can have the code if i found it....

There was no use.of releasing the plugin...

The solus vm api for client is so limited...i wanted my own charts and graphs....

But that was not possible :-(

However my first idea is still doable...

I started of ...to get bandwidth stats and send emails.on specific limits and also in extreme case shut down non production nodes if bandwith hits 99% or so...

I ran into php int max value which had to be configured in php.ini...

Thus making whole of this no viable in my opinion...

• @noaman said:
    I don't where i put the file ...you can have the code if i found it....

There was no use.of releasing the plugin...

The solus vm api for client is so limited...i wanted my own charts and graphs....

But that was not possible :-(

However my first idea is still doable...

I started of ...to get bandwidth stats and send emails.on specific limits and also in extreme case shut down non production nodes if bandwith hits 99% or so...

I ran into php int max value which had to be configured in php.ini...

Thus making whole of this no viable in my opinion...

Thanks for the reply noaman and please don't forget to share the code if you find the files because it will reduce the work for any of us interested in developing and using it with wordpress.

• okay...btw I do rememeber how it works...basically you just add shortcodes with parameter ....

host,
    port,
    api key,
    api secret
    and It will work out of the box

• Found it

you need to give proper credits to me okay....

• @noaman said:
    Found it

you need to give proper credits to me okay....

I am not going to release it over wordpress.org so don't worry i will just test it for myself ;) Is the code ready for WP 4+ or need some tweaking?

• Link sent to @webguru

if anybody is interested let me know :-)

• @noaman said:
    Link sent to @webguru

Thanks Noaman brother for the help!

• @WebGuru said:

@noaman said:
    Link sent to @webguru

NP...also let me know how it works....should work out of the box :-)

• @noaman said:

@WebGuru said:

@noaman said:
    Link sent to @webguru

NP...also let me know how it works....should work out of the box :-)

Yes will let you know once i setup a test wp to check it :)