Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SolusVM 1.17.00 released!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

SolusVM 1.17.00 released!

Comments

• What happened to 2?

• @wych said:
    What happened to 2?

It's still in development, they are trying to ensure it's bug free and has the features etc, as far as I know it should be out before next year.

• "Should be out in early 2015'

"Should be out in 2016"

You're joking, right?

• gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

I hope I will see it before my death -_-

Hope the console works well! This is a long time waiting feature!!

• SolusVM 2 will never be released it's been planned for several years. and they just give you the run around.

• @FlamesRunner said:
    "Should be out in early 2015'

"Should be out in 2016"

You're joking, right?

Do you want a stable product or a buggy product? A product which works or a half done product?

@jmckeag12 said:
    SolusVM 2 will never be released it's been planned for several years. and they just give you the run around.

Planned by a small team of developers who worked on version 1 to keep it in production for their customers... OnApp bought SolusVM, and they haven't had it long, provided the team with more staff meaning more work can be done on it.

There's currently two teams at SolsusVM, one for SolusVM 1, and a dedicated team for SolusVM 2. In that team there's one for design and one doing the coding.

Would you prefer a stable product or a product which needs 100+ bug patches every week / month to fix small things which was rushed because people can't be patient?

• @Licensecart said:
    Would you prefer a stable product or a product which needs 100+ bug patches every week / month to fix small things which was rushed because people can't be patient?

Is something in the middle with only 50+ bugs a choice?

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Licensecart said: Do you want a stable product or a buggy product? A product which works or a half done product?

.... Have you ever used SolusVM1? We're talking about the same application that did system($_GET['q']); right?

Francisco

Thanked by 2zafouhar NexHost
  • NexHostNexHost Member
    edited September 2015

Licensecart said: Do you want a stable product or a buggy product? A product which works or a half done product?

Virtualizor the Product I use now. is constantly releasing new features with Minimal Bugs. so what excuse does SolusVM have?

What that they got bought out by OnAPP when they was all of a sudden planning to compete with their Product. they removed it from the Market so there is less competition.

There is nothing to wait for. SolusVM 2 was planned to be released and they just keep giving everyone another date. and it continues. So I will never consider using SolusVM again..

• @Francisco said:
    .... Have you ever used SolusVM1? We're talking about the same application that did system($_GET['q']); right?

I have used SolusVM in production, and have a server now but just for training. And I've never checked the codes, etc and if you think that's bad it's not as bad as what a lot of hosts use today which remade the PHP Register Global function which was removed by PHP themselves, and MD5 hashing the admin passwords.. You can tell what software I'm talking about right? Which is worse one Get, or that?

• @jmckeag12 said:
    There is nothing to wait for. SolusVM 2 was planned to be released and they just keep giving everyone another date. and it continues. So I will never consider using SolusVM again..

There's no excuses but you really want to do another software (like a billing system / WP), patch up, wait for another patch, patch up, wait for another patch, patch up…?

Haha your loss then and to be honest I don't care if you don't :)

• NexHostNexHost Member
    edited September 2015

@Licensecart said:
    Haha your loss then and to be honest I don't care if you don't :)

Virtualizor has minimal bugs. and they constantly bring out new content. and if there is bugs with the features that they implement. they patch them fairly quickly.

Now when I was using SolusVM if I contacted them. I would get outsourced support. and none of them knew what was going on. or what to do. always had to wait for the Ticket to get flagged to a developer or the owners to actually get help.

Here is one of the main reasons why Virtualizor is a far better Product. that it supports multiple operating systems. and multiple storage types. with migration support for every type of storage type. where as SolusVM is restricted to RHEL and only supports LVM based storage.

Uptime :   13:26:09 up 32 days, 17:45, 1 user, load average: 6.68, 6.41, 6.68
     Kernel :   3.13.0-61-generic

Uptime :   19:25:41 up 21 days, 17:50, 1 user, load average: 14.76, 15.10, 15.16
     Kernel :   3.10.0-229.11.1.el7.x86_64

• SolusVMSolusVM Member, Host Rep

jmckeag12 said: SolusVM 2 will never be released

Yes it will.

The whole reason V2 is taking so long is that it does not use the current methods like @Fransisco is talking about. All the binaries have been removed and replaced with the same methods the OnApp product implements.

• I would have loved for you to respect the deadline you set. But since you'll finally have a reseller api in 2.0, I'll be waiting.

• SolusVMSolusVM Member, Host Rep

FlamesRunner said: I would have loved for you to respect the deadline you set

It was a major mistake, i agree - Sorry.

FlamesRunner said: But since you'll finally have a reseller api in 2.0

Correct. Like we've said before it's a layered API that goes from the basic level of managing a VM all the way up to managing a cluster of VM's and Users.

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider

@SolusVM

1. In v1.17.00 - You can change administrator password of windows from control panel.

Question: Can we change admin password from WHMCS SolusVM module?

• @Licensecart you make me laugh :)

Thanked by 2wych FlamesRunner
  • @Solusvm....please add more options to the client api...It provides very little info..All options that you have in the console menu should be provided by the client api

For example
    1.Status

It should return the os and node location etc

2.Charts

No api...

3.logs

Api boot restart shutdown should be in loggs

4.installing os using api...

Not required but would be good..

• Today is the one year anniversary. Of onapp announcement that they bought SolusVM.

• @SolusVM how often is bandwidth use updated in Solus