Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ColoCrossing adds Telia in Buffalo
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ColoCrossing adds Telia in Buffalo

jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

Hey Guys,

Figured you might be interested to know that we've added Telia to our network mix in Buffalo this morning. Telia is one of the better networks globally and we're excited to see this addition benefit our customers. We added a total of 40 gbit of capacity to Telia.

We mentioned the enhancement on our blog earlier today: http://blog.colocrossing.com

For those who mentioned slower than ideal throughput speeds this will be a big improvement.

Comments

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@jbiloh said:
    Hey Guys,

Figured you might be interested to know that we've added Telia to our network mix in Buffalo this morning. Telia is one of the better networks globally and we're excited to see this addition benefit our customers. We added a total of 40 gbit of capacity to Telia.

We mentioned the enhancement on our blog earlier today: http://blog.colocrossing.com

For those who mentioned slower than ideal throughput speeds this will be a big improvement.

meh, doesn't go to Mexico. Do you have cogent? Cogent has a POP on my city.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

netomx said: meh, doesn't go to Mexico. Do you have cogent? Cogent has a POP on my city.

Our network in Buffalo consists of Telia, XO Communications, Zayo and Hibernia.

• Congrats - Telia is a good network, I like them a lot.

• J1021J1021 Member
    edited September 2015

Some of the images on your blog are quite detailed.

I've reduced the quality of that image, thanks.

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited September 2015

And censored the post? How nice of you.... i still have screenshots of it and will publish them, not my problem you leaked customer info (and don't even come with legal shit, this is 100% legal in Austria, i don't give a single shit about absurd US laws) :)

• ColoCrossing: shooting themselves in the foot at every opportunity ™

Thanked by 1MacPac
  • FuslFusl Member
    edited September 2015

@William said:
    And censored the post? How nice of you.... i still have screenshots of it and will publish them, not my problem you leaked customer info (and don't even come with legal shit, this is 100% legal in Austria, i don't give a single shit about absurd US laws) :)

Calm down... Else he'll ban you from the forum :PP

But, no, seriously. Mistakes happen, and @jbiloh's reaction was pretty fast on that leakage. Honest people actually let them know by private message, wait for X hours/days and if there is no reaction by then they publish the screenshot. I have no idea what @kcaj's post looked like before the "censoring", but I guess it was the same picture, and @jbiloh after all showed that they reacted FAST and PROPERLY to stop leaking of this information.

just my two cents...

Little mistake on my end, I'll have to be more careful in the future. I appreciate that @kcaj alerted us to that.

Anyways, I hope everyone enjoys the new Telia transit in Buffalo!

• No-one likes a suck-up, son.

Thanked by 1MacPac
  • I wish that the consumer side of Telia was as good as the Business side. Here in Sweden Telia's consumer internet sucks.

Thus far our initial testing has been very promising. High throughput and reduced latency compared to XO or Hibernia!

• Congrats!

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

I have Telia where I am, sounds promising. Only ipv6 left!?

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Telia has been solid for us in NYC. Seems like a good fit for that area.

Thanked by 1mpkossen
  • Teliasonera is owned by the Swedish government therefore I'd be careful with that.

Thanked by 1doughmanes
  • UrDN said: Teliasonera is owned by the Swedish government therefore I'd be careful with that.

Why? I don't see anything special here. Many in EU use national telecoms (ISPs owned by gov). Those national telecoms have often the most developed internet infrastructure in country. All the rest isn't much different than companies owned by private sector.

• Rockster said: Why? I don't see anything special here. Many in EU use national telecoms (ISPs owned by gov).

Not me and most of those operators practice extortion. I don't want to support that.

mikho said: I have Telia where I am, sounds promising. Only ipv6 left!?

1 day in the future! Soon TM.

Thanked by 1mikho
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@jbiloh,

Meh, I had a server with CC for two months and Buffalo network was horrible. I cannot spend more money to CC right now to test the network, but could you please share some network benchs?

Thanks

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited September 2015

@jbiloh said:
    Not me and most of those operators practice extortion. I don't want to support that.

There are many places in Europe where you can only get either government owned ISPs, others "practicing extortion" as you said or both.

Spain is a good example with ONO and Jazztel disappearing now: only Telefónica, Vodafone and Orange are left except some regional telcos. So what should I do? Disconnect from the Internet?

@Nyr said:
    Spain is a good example with ONO and Jazztel disappearing now: only Telefónica, Vodafone and Orange are left except some regional telcos. So what should I do? Disconnect from the Internet?

Come to Portugal and let's get drunk. :P

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

@MrGeneral said:
    Come to Portugal and let's get drunk. :P

Sounds like a plan.

Thanked by 1MikePT

@Nyr said:
    Sounds like a plan.

Feel free to come here.

Thanked by 1Nyr
  • I get 80ms to the LG from the UK, and that's on ADSL too. Not bad!

MrGeneral said: @jbiloh,

Meh, I had a server with CC for two months and Buffalo network was horrible. I cannot spend more money to CC right now to test the network, but could you please share some network benchs?

Thanks

Talk to @ernie at HVH and he'll give you a great deal.

@jbiloh said:
    Talk to ernie at HVH and he'll give you a great deal.

Hehe, not after spending 300USD and had to cancel due to the network... :P

• CC's dallas, atlanta, and maybe SJ are probably the best locations imo.

• matthewvzmatthewvz Member, Host Rep

@black said:
    CC's dallas, atlanta, and maybe SJ are probably the best locations imo.

CC Dallas is amazing. I have two E3's, minus some hard drive issues (and data center techs misunderstanding) it has been amazing.

• @jbiloh you should give @MrGeneral a free month. His business failed to launch due to your network being shit at the time.

Thanked by 1MikePT