Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Its people like this that ruin the LEB market.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Its people like this that ruin the LEB market.

Ash_HawkridgeAsh_Hawkridge Member
edited November 2011 in General

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?p=7794735#post7794735

Sorry but im so angry at how some so called reputable provider's give people like this support and then we all wonder why so many host's come and go, robbing countless amounts of people in the process.

TBH i have been in a foul mood all day and this just pushed me over the edge :P

Thanked by 3asf drmike jamson

Comments

• lol

• The more of these providers appear, the more valuable good providers become, so I see no reason you care :)

• @breton said: The more of these providers appear, the more valuable good providers become, so I see no reason you care

The reason to care is they tarnish the whole segment of LEB to new folks who buy from them, get ripped off, who then goto premium providers and never look back at the LEB market.

• @miTgiB

100% Fact right there.

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

I'm not even going to start on that guy, I could go on WHT and write a whole essay on that guys utter stupidity. If you hardly know anyting about the virtualization technologies, I'm afraid you have no chance. Period.

I'm a 14 year old and I know more than him which is worrying... If he starts anything up, it's doomed for the dead pool.

• What's sad is that they have 'host' in their title. And essays and tutorials do exist on the net on how to do this. Five seconds with google....

Heh, someone tell them to put 'Up' in their company name. ;)

• I dont know if the UP curse is effective over at WHT :P

• @drmike huahahahahaha

@Infinity nice.. :)

• Actually what's worse are those folks who do actually go into business. Someone just asking about it I can live with and hey at least they're asking first.

I had a company contact me a few years ago with two servers and just under a thousand customers who was trying to get out. He had been in business for about a year and the three folks helping him had just quit. (In disgust I found out from one of them afterwards.) He wanted like 5 years income (not profit) to take over the business and I told him no. He wound up just flipping off the servers and returning them to the provider with no notice to the clients. In fact he took new clients up to the very last day from what I understand.

Those are the ones that I dread.

• LOL, well here is my answer to that thread in WHT

Interesting question and here is a quick 5 steps answer you are looking for.

1. Buy a dedicated server with affordable + maximum spec u can get. Request to install Centos 5.7 64bit

2. Go to soluslab.com and buy a solusvm panel license.

3. Dont do anything with ur dedicated server, just make sure it is accessible via ssh

4. ssh in to your dedicated server and follow through the guide at [ wiki.solusvm.com/index.php/Install ] ....

5. You are done, now start selling.

• remind me why did i have a WHT account again...hmm

• @cripperz he will need to make sure the correct kernel is loaded or the vps's wont boot so saying dont do anything isnt technically correct.

• @daimonb

if he cant follow through that well documented guide with screenshots, i have nothing to say to him but sure hell of alot of luck to his future customers. =x

haha

• Of course you've just put the gun in the 2 year olds hands....

Thanked by 1Mon5t3r
  • @drmike haha yeah it was intentionally. Now i wonder who the heck is he gonna shoot? Maybe he will trigger himself in the head. =x

• Of course I'm sitting here looking at Arch and really wanting to reinstall the netbook. Not having a working java is a pain. Speaking of putting the gun into someone's hands....

• @drmike okay lets put away the suicidal thinking and be positive. Remember your vacation as per stated on your signature is just few days away. Your wouldnt want that guy in your hands now =x

• KairusKairus Member
    edited November 2011

I think WHMCS + SolusVM make things too easy, it's sad. Anyone with common sense can set up an OpenVZ node and start selling right away.

While me and a friend are working on setting up a LEB business (still in planning stages), we'll implement a payment gateway (reuse an older project's implementation) and full control panel ourselves. We have experience doing the former w/ PayPal IPN, and a lot of what Solus does seems to be done through the existing virtualization software's executables, though some things like rDNS seems like a minor annoyance to implement. I definitely wouldn't want to come on the market now using WHMCS and Solus...

• @Kairus haha well even levels have come to that shallow, people are still posting and asking around forgetting there is a good friend called "Google". How pampered and spoon feeded people nowadays it seems heh? =x haha im talking like a grandpa.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran
    edited November 2011

@Kairus said: I think WHMCS + SolusVM make things too easy, it's sad. Anyone with common sense can set up an OpenVZ node and start selling right away.

Common sense is hardly a requirement, just check a lot of the listings that get posted on the blag :)

The problem with the market being 'so easy to get into', is that people really don't have a clue what they're doing nor know how to use a calculator. I was hoping that rising IP costs would have killed off a lot of the scum in the industry, but that isn't the case yet.

Francisco

• @Francisco

It isnt the case yet but wait till the South East Asian (SEA) really gets into the game. Alot of IDC are being setup around here to meet the demand of Asian bandwidth. Alot of fiber and inter-networks are being built on large base project and announced on newspaper almost every other month. Its only a matter of time when we really see IPV4 exhaustion out there. Already seeing google idc, yahoo idc, softlayer being built here in Singapore and neighbouring country like Malaysia and Indonesia.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

APNIC is down to their last /8 so the most anyone setting up will get is a /22 (not a lot in the LEB market).

Francisco

• Seems to be a sudden burst of people like this, starting a budget vps with no real idea on how they work.

• true enough. I wonder whats happening to the ipv6 community. At one time there was all these hype about ipv6 and all the ISP starting to support the native ipv6 giving out free allocations esp in Singapore but only lasted for like 2 years when the ISP stopped. Though i still see major players like Hurricane Electric, Sixxs and a few others really sticking to their game. Will it be end of the world when we all fully switch to ipv6 one day =P haha.

• @JakeEC uh, i like the idea of virtualization setup for my clients here in Singapore and some of those balance resources i sell it off to LEB users. The clients here in Singapore are more contractual and often times their contribution to the cost is almost enough - these are corporate users where we provide them adhoc i.t support. So i thought selling these balance resources wont kill and if demands rises either from the client or the vps community, i will just pump in a new server. Other than that, no plans of expansion just solely on vps business itself really. Too much density in the market. Just sharing my reason of coming into the market ....shoot me your thoughts =P

• I always ask newb host's to tell me how to setup OpenVZ or KVM without using any script/panel installer, and one has yet to know how.

I mean, when did replacing the kernel or loading a kernel module EVER become hard?

• @Daniel said: I always ask newb host's to tell me how to setup OpenVZ or KVM without using any script/panel installer, and one has yet to know how.

I only resell and I have set up an OpenVZ node for testing/developing stuff.

• @dmmcintyre3 said: I only resell and I have set up an OpenVZ node for testing/developing stuff.

Haha, I found one VPS host that never even heard of vzctl, and always used SolusVM to control peoples VPS.

Not to mention SolusVM's Shell (which uses vzctl), is terrible.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

So, you's gonna build me a VPS bussiness for me? I'm gonna pay you with a Thanks" hahaha