Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please anyone tell me about contabo services
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Please anyone tell me about contabo services

JUNAIDJUNAID Member
edited September 2015 in Help

Hello friends,

I see that contabo are giving really low priced dedicated server & vps

But having doubt..

As I see their vps plan - 1st plan (example)

500 GB Disk

6 GB Ram

2 Core CPU

100Mbps Unmetered Bandwidth

At just $9.06 US Dollar (How is it possible)

I am just thinking about to take a server from them

But thinking how they can give such a huge disk and ram in this price ?

Is this true or hoax ?

If anyone having experience with them then please reply...

Thank you...

Comments

• If you fill it like 200-300GB you will get cicked out.

• The only issues I see are:

500 GB Disk
    6 GB Ram
    100Mbps Unmetered Bandwidth
    $9.06

Apart from that all good.

• Is this a gvh brand?

• @GM2015 said:
    Is this a gvh brand?

please can you tell me what is "gvh" ?

• JUNAID said: 100Mbps Unmetered Bandwidth

Don't forget the

"Unlimited traffic: No additional costs due to traffic (if average traffic consumption continuously exceeds 60 Mbit/s over a timespan of at least 5 days the connection is switched to 10 Mbit/s)."

• I had the largest plan and was kicked for DDoS - It is KVM so you should be able to use full amount of disk, RAM of the hostnode cannot be more than 64GB (they are i7s) so they are at least 3-4 VPS on it.

• William said: kicked for DDoS

Did you actually DDoS though?

• There's an old saying, "Sounds too good to be true". Whether they offer it and allocate it, I wouldn't buy it at such a low price.

• Lee said: DDoS

It was inbound DDoS - Not outbound.

Thanked by 1Lee
  • Their balance sheet of 2013 shows a total of 1.6 million Euros, so I'd say the opinion of $1 company owners on LET is irrelevant.

Thanked by 1jvnadr
  • I had a vps with them, they still used to charge at the time setup fees. Their performance is decent, no major hickups, decent speed to all of EU, a bit of slow support. It was 10 € plan with 4 GB of memory (2013). They were good, not something really impressive. Similar quality with Prometeus Overzold openvz plan or waveride from EDIS. Just dont think that you will have a vps with extreme performance like AWS or big plan from Linode.

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited September 2015

ElixantTechnology said: Limited Qty: 512MB RAM / 256MB vSwap / 50GB SSD / 10 TB BW / DDoS Protected ($1/mo or $10/yr)

OK, I'm doing the math:
    6.144/512=12
    12x1$=12$
    12x50GB=600GB disk
    Now, calculate paypal fees, more disk space, more risk due to the need for more cheappie clients. Seem that the competitor of almost 10$ per month is not so cheaper than you...

ElixantTechnology said: There's an old saying, "Sounds too good to be true". Whether they offer it and allocate it, I wouldn't buy it at such a low price.

Oh, yeah, that's true. But not for Contabo, that was est. at 2003 and it is one of the big companies of Germany owning 2 data centers... On the other hand, you...

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited September 2015

They only own one DC iirc (Munich) - The other one is colo in Hetzner (nobody else does DCs in that city).

Their BW quality ranges from "questionable" to "unuseable" but is cheap, VPS are probably oversold 25-50%. Colo is cheap power wise though.

• twiigltwiigl Member
    edited September 2015

William said: (nobody else does DCs in that city).

That city is Nuremberg and you forgot MNet, Norris and IPX/QSC AG in Nuremberg ;)

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited September 2015

William said: The other one is colo in Hetzner

They claim they have their own independently operated datacenter in Nuremberg. Although they are not very clear if they own the whole datacenter or they just colo there... But, with a little search, seem that COntabo has it's own datacenter in a different address from hetzner:
    http://www.datacentermap.com/germany/nuremberg/contabo.html
    http://www.datacentermap.com/germany/nuremberg/datacenterpark-dc-12.html

https://contabo.com/?show=news&newsid=55

As of network, when I had service with them, the speed to Greece (metered by speedtest.net and OTE + Forthnet isp's) was fair to very good. Didn't have a single problem with speed for web hosting.

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited September 2015

twiigl said: That city is Nuremberg and you forgot MNet, Norris and IPX/QSC AG in Nuremberg ;)

Wasn't it Falkenstein? Fairly sure that is what their website listed....

EDIT: Hm, must have been someone else.

Anyway, i was pretty happy with Contabo for my VPS - After they kicked me out they also refunded me, so not that bad.

• William said: After they kicked me out they also refunded me, so not that bad.

It seem they have very strict rules about being a ddos magnet and you were unlucky. But this is also a positive sign for their services, they do not tolerate performance issues to their nodes and they willing even to refund a client instead of hosting something that reduce the performance of the node.

• Well..and what about Serverhub ?

THey are providing

$10 per month

1GB Memory

1TB Disk Space

2TBTransfer

3 Core Processor

4 IP Address

and is Serverhub trust-able ?

• anyone know about serverhub ?

Thanked by 1jonbeard
  • @WHT said:
    If you fill it like 200-300GB you will get cicked out.

Really?

• @JUNAID said:
    anyone know about serverhub ?

Their vps is great in performance.

Thanked by 1jonbeard
  • if you need large specs and a lot of resources then take a dedicated.
    there are multiple providers that support different specs e.g. network, storage, support etc... i suggest you post your requirements before committing and add your budget.

• Actually I want to host only 1 website on the vps...so I don't think for only 1 website I would spend money on Dedicated server at the starting the new website...
    And I have chosen some providers to take from...but found these offers so just taking some reviews about them before going with them...

• @JUNAID

Go for it!, the servers seem quite reliable

Benchmark: http://browser.primatelabs.com/geekbench3/3064101