Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Datacentres in France
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Datacentres in France

wychwych Member
edited September 2015 in Providers

Anyone know of any nice datacentres in France?

I do not expect LET pricing.

Other than (excluding) Iliad (Online.net) or OVH.

Thanked by 14n0nx

Comments

• If it doesn't have to be cheap, maybe choose a country without:

The bill, which was passed by France's parliament in May, allows the government to monitor the phone calls and emails of suspected terrorists without prior authorization from a judge. It also calls for internet service providers to install so-called black boxes that sweep up and analyze metadata on millions of web users, and forces them to make that data freely available to intelligence organizations.

?

https://www.theverge.com/2015/7/24/9030851/france-surveillance-law-charlie-hebdo-constitutional-court

I think server4you.com /.de offers Strasbourg location in their own DC. ("written" cancellation may be required. From what I read it might be that the cancellation has to be printed, signed, scanned and sent via email. But I am not sure at all..)

• Thanked by 2wych 4n0nx
  • NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

OP requested nice datacenters ;)

Thanked by 3wych 4n0nx marian
  • @4n0nx it needs to be in France.

@rahulks & @Shot2 thanks!

Thanked by 14n0nx
  • wych said: @4n0nx it needs to be in France.

But .. Strasbourg is in France.. unless you are referring to the rest of my comment.

Nyr said: OP requested nice datacenters ;)

O? What's wrong with it? I don't have a server there anymore but I remember it to be good.

• 4n0nx said: But .. Strasbourg is in France..

True

unless you are referring to the rest of my comment.

I was ! :P

Thanked by 14n0nx
  • rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited September 2015

Aside from Online.net or OVH but still in France, there are Ikoula, FirstHeberg, Digicube.

Thanked by 1wych
  • Portlane and Goscomb both do colo in Telehouse Voltaire (both also with high power 15kW options, 360W/U), very solid DC - essentially FR network core.

FDC is in some sort of Cogent DC in the suburbs (bad area) (singlehomed Cogent also), cheap for much BW (but, again, singlehomed Cogent), probably solid DC as well.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @wych said:
    Anyone know of any nice datacentres in France?

I do not expect LET pricing.

Other than (excluding) Iliad (Online.net) or OVH.

why not Online or OVH ? #curious

Mik

• mikmak said: why not Online or OVH ? #curious

Maybe he got already enough servers there and is looking around for some other dc's in france.

Thanked by 1wych
  • Bump, still looking.

@Frecyboy said:
    Maybe he got already enough servers there and is looking around for some other dc's in france.

I need providers that will offer BGP Sessions; online.net (have finally said they do not) and OVH don't.

• tomletomle Member, LIR

Equinix has a few nice locations, the one in Saint-Denis is nice except for the kind of shady neighbourhood :)

Check DataIV in the south of Paris. No idea of prices though.

Are you buying racks/cabinets or just colo?

• tomle said:
    Are you buying racks/cabinets or just colo?

Depends on the pricing/offer to be honest.

Don't mind renting either if the price is right.

• IkoulaIkoula Member, Host Rep

Hello,

We have three locations in France and own two of them.

Could you give more informations on what you're looking for ?

You can also contact me by pm.

• wychwych Member
    edited September 2015

@Ikoula said:

Could you give more informations on what you're looking for ?

A datacentre in france that offers dedicated servers/colo with a BGP Session to announce my own AS & /24's.

@wych

I know we fullfilled this type of request for one of our customer so technically we can do it but I have to check with network team before confirm that to you.

Get back to you asap

• @Ikoula said:
    wych

I know we fullfilled this type of request for one of our customer so technically we can do it but I have to check with network team before confirm that to you.

Get back to you asap

Sure, just PM me?

yep

• +1 for @Ikoula

I have a server with them for few months and so far it was great.
    If you are coming from Online or OVH it may take you a while to get used to their control panel + manual installation of Ubuntu Server (unless you pay).

But besides that, network is decent from my experience and haven't noticed any downtime yet (even though started monitoring only a month ago).

• @salakis I prefer setting it up via Lantronix or IPMI so shouldnt be too hard to get used to ;)

Hopefully can get something sorted soon.

@telephone thanks for that site, I couldn't remember the name of it.

A kvm (we have lantronix models) can be provided if asked during the order.

Depending on the chosen server ipmi might be available too.

• @Ikoula said:
    A kvm (we have lantronix models) can be provided if asked during the order.

Depending on the chosen server ipmi might be available too.

More interested in the BGP.

• @wych said:
    Bump, still looking.

I need providers that will offer BGP Sessions; online.net (have finally said they do not) and OVH don't.

well, Iliad Datacenters offer other transit provider than online.net transit and those can provide BGP sessions to you :)
    we are carrier neutral and have lots of them (http://iliad-datacenter.fr/infrastructure/connectivite is not complete but it gives an idea)

cheers,
    Mik

• wychwych Member
    edited September 2015

@mikmak said:
    Mik

Strange, Fouhad said it was not possible, even though support said I would need to go into Iliad via Fouhad.

Can you give me a point of contact to discuss options?

• @wych just push a mail to sales at iliad-datacenter.fr detailing your needs

Mik

Thanked by 1wych
  • @mikmak said:
    wych just push a mail to sales at iliad-datacenter.fr detailing your needs

Mik

Done, thanks.