Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any IPv4 NAT VPS, similar to LES but for "production level"?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any IPv4 NAT VPS, similar to LES but for "production level"?

Hi,

I just want to know if there any providers who sell IPv4 NAT VPSs. LowEndSpirit is fine, but I'm looking for something I can use at a "production level".

CPU: Doesn't matter much.

RAM: 128-256MB

Disk space: 2GB-5GB

DDoS Protection: I don't have any values in specific, but it's a requirement. By the way, in my point of view nullrouting is not DDoS protection.

Network uplink: At least 10 Mbps

Network bandwidth: 100GB should be enough

Budget: Up to $10 per year

Some other notes:

I'm not looking for a VPS that provides the HIGHEST uptime possible, but I also don't want it to go down when a DDoS attack is received (to me or to anyone else on the same IP). This is why I'm not planning to use LowEndSpirit.

Thanks.

Comments

• hostnoobhostnoob Member
    edited September 2015

Why do you want a NAT VPS? You can get a decent VPS with an IPv4 and IPv6 included for $10 (since you don't require ridiculous specs)

Or if you could pay an extra $2.75 you could get a Ramnode box which comes with a /64 block. (Coupon refugee15)

• gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

Take LES FR or MTL in that case. They are not DDoS protected, they are DDoS Mitigated.

Otherwise, at this price, you can find a few Dedicated IPv4 without those problems.

• Hostus USD 10/year
    :-)

Thanked by 1AlexanderM
  • if you are willing to pay biennially, you can consider time4vps. located in Vilnius, 512mb of ram, plenty of storage. Even with currency rate, it's just about $10 a year. Not sure if it has a dedicated IP, but obviously it doesn't matter to you. Has daily and weekly too, not many other providers have this, including ramnode.

• asgarthasgarth Member
    edited September 2015

berry servers $10/year 128MB with dedicated ipv4

Thanked by 1yomero
  • mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

Most times it is the ipv4 that is DDoSed. If you use Cloudflare and proxy to your ipv6 then it will stay online. Thats what I did when a server I have with Prometeus (not LES) suddenly got attacked and the ipv4 was null routed. Ipv6 still worked and the only downtime I noticed was from when I was notified about the nullroute to when the DNS was updated.

Thanked by 1yomero
  • edited September 2015

http://elixant-tech.com/order/128
    512MB Ram / 256MB vSwap / 10GB SSD Space / 10TB Bandwidth / DDoS Protection / 1 IPv4 / /96 IPv6
    $10/year ... Limited Quantity for offer.

• Thanks for the answers everyone. I wanted an IPv4 NAT VPS because since I don't need a dedicated IPv4 I could save a couple bucks. Actually I was looking for something for less than $10 a year, I'm not really sure why I wrote "Up to $10".
    Also, thanks for the information about CloudFlare (mikho), but I will not be running an HTTP server on this one.
    I specified DDoS protection as a requirement because I could be a victim of a DDoS attack too (I'm not a DDoS magnet btw). Since the IPv4 would be shared maybe the DDoS protection cost would be divided among everyone. That's pretty much my logic.

• mikho said: If you use Cloudflare and proxy to your ipv6 then it will stay online.

Nice, so cloudflare could act as a ipv4 to ipv6 gateway?

• scy said: Nice, so cloudflare could act as a ipv4 to ipv6 gateway?

https://www.cloudflare.com/ipv6

Thanked by 1scy
  • Evoburst got locations on the OVH network in france, check nanovz or megavz :)

• Yea, but any type of VPS isn't good for "production-level" service - such servers can be accessed by hosting companies without any traces, etcetera :p

@scy said:

Yes

• mike1smike1s Member
    edited September 2015

@doghouch said:
    Yea, but any type of VPS isn't good for "production-level" service - such servers can be accessed by hosting companies without any traces, etcetera :p

Maybe with KVM or OVZ. On a "real virtualization platform" (Hyper-V or VMWare ESXi), that's very difficult. The provider would first need to know the root pw. If you're concerned about a host single usering your box on one of those platforms, encrypt your shit. Also, popping a box in single user creates downtime AND logs. A host using one of those platforms would likely never do that.

• @doghouch said:
    Yea, but any type of VPS isn't good for "production-level" service - such servers can be accessed by hosting companies without any traces, etcetera :p

Maybe you should make sure you choose a hosting provider that follows privacy laws then, and not a kiddie host.

Thanked by 1mike1s

@MikeSpears said:
    Maybe with KVM or OVZ. On a "real virtualization platform" (Hyper-V or VMWare ESXi), that's very difficult.

VSphere is pretty easy to "peak" inside a server. Snapshot and backup the disk, mount the backup to another server. No trace for the customer unless the customer has access to the VSphere logs.

Encryption makes it tougher but "nothing is impossible".

• @mikho said:
    Encryption makes it tougher but "nothing is impossible".

Good point. Completely forgot about that possibility despite using that to do some migrations for one of my consulting clients... lol

@MikeSpears said:

Saved me a couple of times when my customers runs out disk space and the server wont start.
    Mount it on a another server, delete files, unmount and boot the original server.

• @ElixantTechnology said:
    Maybe you should make sure you choose a hosting provider that follows privacy laws then, and not a kiddie host.

It's hard to know whether a company respects their own policy. It's virtually impossible to have a server who cannot be monitored simply because of how virtual & dedicated servers (humans aren't perfect - one who works in the DC of which the server is located in can simply walk to the server and tamper with the data).

• @doghouch said:
    It's hard to know whether a company respects their own policy. It's virtually impossible to have a server who cannot be monitored simply because of how virtual & dedicated servers (humans aren't perfect - one who works in the DC of which the server is located in can simply walk to the server and tamper with the data).

This is true, it is unfortunate to say the least.

Thanked by 1doghouch