Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subscribe to our newsletter

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com

Latest LowEndBox Offers

    About SUPERMICRO OPTERON 1385
    New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

    About SUPERMICRO OPTERON 1385

    Does anyone have experience with SUPERMICRO OPTERON 1385 ? is it equivalent to Xeon ?

    Thank you

    Comments

    • nearly identical to the 1381 performance wise http://browser.primatelabs.com/geekbench3/3184293

      but depends which xeon you compare it to. the single thread is not that good

      I AM BACK :)
      Working Windows Server 2012 R2 on 6GB! Beat that!

    • Thank you for your replies ..
      What about Supermicro 2XL5420 16GB 2x1TB SATA RTO ? is this a Dual CPU ?

      Also I wanted to Install Vmware Esxi because it is easy .. one cpu license as my friend mentioned is free ? Kindly provide me further informations

    • 2XL5420

      2 x L5420

      Thanked by 1netomx
    • jbilohjbiloh Administrator

      I have very fond memories of the old AMD Opteron 270 series. It was really revolutionary considering it's Intel competitor was the 3.06Ghz classic Xeon chip.

      Back in my game server days the Opteron 270 was a big game changer.

      Jon Biloh - ColoCrossing.com
    • jbiloh said: I have very fond memories of the old AMD Opteron 270 series

      I've got about 600 BL35p blades (Dual O270's) if you feel you want to fire some up. Just need the scrap cost of the materials and they can be on a truck to you tomorrow.

      Thanked by 1FrankZ
    • netomxnetomx Member, Moderator

      @MarkTurner said:

      $7

      Thanked by 1FrankZ
    • BlazeMuisBlazeMuis Member
      edited September 2015

      @MarkTurner said:
      I've got about 600 BL35p blades (Dual O270's) if you feel you want to fire some up. Just need the scrap cost of the materials and they can be on a truck to you tomorrow.

      :O I want

      Go rent them out :P

    • There a lot of metal on them

      joodle said: Go rent them out :P

      Tempting :)

    • netomxnetomx Member, Moderator

      MarkTurner said: There a lot of metal on them

      I can buy 1 or 2 of them, just PM me with specs and price :P

    • @kamal said:
      Thank you for your replies ..
      What about Supermicro 2XL5420 16GB 2x1TB SATA RTO ? is this a Dual CPU ?

      Also I wanted to Install Vmware Esxi because it is easy .. one cpu license as my friend mentioned is free ? Kindly provide me further informations

      Please try to use google or other pages like www.cpu-world.com. Also you can try to read. Do you think that 2XL5420 is dual cpu? Why or why not?

      You can't expect to be spoon-fed, make an effort and we will gladly help you.

      RIPE LIR: Contact me for ASN registrations/IPv6. No IPv4 space left.

    • WilliamWilliam Member, Provider
      edited September 2015

      MarkTurner said: Tempting :)

      Power usage of these is insane though, are they even DDR2 yet?

      We have 3 bladecenters from HP here (bunch of DDR1 Single core Xeons, bunch of unknown AMDs with DDR2, but not FBDIMM) - not worth anything in sale, cannot run them on 220V, power usage per bladecenter insane (like 12A 220V per BC with 8 blades)

    • jbilohjbiloh Administrator

      William said: Power usage of these is insane though, are they even DDR2 yet?

      The power usage is what made the old school opteron a paper weight. Impossible to rent those units at cheap prices and actually make money.

      Thanked by 1netomx
      Jon Biloh - ColoCrossing.com
    • William said: Power usage of these is insane though, are they even DDR2 yet?

      The are pretty antique but hot stuff in their day. I think 16 BL35p (half height) blades at 208v ran at about 18A.

    Sign In or Register to comment.