Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

5gbit ddos protection
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

5gbit ddos protection

sandozsandoz Veteran
edited November 2012 in General

is it possible for providers to protect against such large ddos's?
lately a nice opensource rpi projext @#xbianonpi has become a victim of @GrimTheGodDos and the website is almost unreachable for weeks now, due to large udp ddos attacks.

http://slashdot.org/submission/2372205/xbian-unecessarily-attacked-by-ex-ugnazi-member
https://twitter.com/XBianOnPi

Comments

• Most providers around here can't, since 5gbit costs a lot of money.
    However, BuyVM with their filtered IPs might be able to help you, talk with @Francisco

• CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider
    edited November 2012

Edit: Just for you Fran

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@Jack said: @CVPS_Chris Can you offer TCP Protection or Just UDP?

He can't offer either otherwise Jon would have to offer it to everyone. Both Alex and Jeremiah said the max they'll do is 4Gbit before nulls. Now, if this tune changed I'd launch filtering on the east coast. I got multiple people that have 10Gbit spikes. Besides, the best they were able to offer was ACL's for UDP.

5Gbit isn't a big deal but understand that it will move to SSYN afterwards so you best be with someone who has some understanding of SYN and how to deal with it.

At 5Gbit of UDP it probably has 800k - 900k pps of SYN potential behind it.

Francisco

• so, if we move to buyvm we'd be better protected?

• CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider

No, I can protect you. Please PM me

Regards,

Chris

• eastoncheastonch Member
    edited November 2012

Edit: @Francisco you're a legend.

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

FWIW, this guy is or was not a member of UGNazi. Just the umpteenth guy trying to famewhore off a well-known name without any involvement whatsoever.

• Feel free to sign up for some affordable $1 - 5 per month VPS servers and use them in a reverse proxy configuration

If you check out the lowendbox.com homepage, many great offers :)

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

@bamn said: Feel free to sign up for some affordable $1 - 5 per month VPS servers and use them in a reverse proxy configuration

If you check out the lowendbox.com homepage, many great offers :)

That... doesn't really work. Each of them will get nullrouted the moment you set them up, and you end up just burning gobs of $1-$5 all day long. It eats up your time and money, and at best, you have a moderately reachable site for small parts of the day.

• Looked into Anycast DDoS protected CDN?