Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best Payment Gateway ! Minimum Charges per transactions and monthly
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Best Payment Gateway ! Minimum Charges per transactions and monthly

darknessendsdarknessends Member
edited November 2012 in General

Hi Guys,

I want to have your views upon the payment gateways one should use and their pros/cons.
I have seen there are a number of catches in most of payment gateway plans and not everyone is same.
Looking for some recommendations with corresponding rates.

Thanks

Comments

• Paypal and Google Checkout are the main ones. Payza / Liberty Reserve / moneybookers also get used.

• @concerto49 said: Paypal and Google Checkout

Not because they have low charges per transaction, but because they're popular.

• @SimpleNode said: Not because they have low charges per transaction, but because they're popular.

This comes down to if you want to make money OR NOT!

Some people only trust things like Paypal.

• cash. No charges per transaction at all.

• @RDS100 the day we can send money through the internet by inserting a note into a fax machine rip of.

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

Bitcoin (with BitPay if you're not comfortable with handling transactions yourself, this will introduce transaction costs though). For Bitcoin itself, no transaction costs for you, and transaction costs for sender are optional :)

Caveat: not many people use it, compared to for example PayPal.

• PayPal is the most common. Seems easy and fast. Transaction fee is like 2.9% :)

• JacobJacob Member
    edited November 2012

2CO a comfortable 5.5% and $0.45 Trans fee, and 5% held for 90 Days.

• @Jacob said: 2CO a comfortable 5.5% and $0.45 Trans fee, and 5% held for 90 Days.

Comfortable?

• yeah 2co is to high for me yet! the 5.5% and $.45 per transaction almost make paypal pro worth it.

• @Jacob said: 2CO a comfortable 5.5%

I can get 2 payment processors for that type of "comfort"

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited November 2012

Google Checkout is ok, fee's similar to PayPal depending on monthly transactions. We've seen an increase in payments via Google Checkout/Wallet so it does appear people seem to be using it more.

http://checkout.google.com/seller/fees.html

There's also the risk of PayPal limiting you whenever they want even if your legitimate

• Last time i checked google checkout was only available for merchants in USA and UK.

• eprocessingnetwork gateway with a merchant account. with the merchant account you can negotiate rates, plus you can use off line and or your smartphone or tablet.

also accept PayPal and Google checkout.
    it doesn't hurt to do so. and it gives your customers options.

http://www.paymenttransactionsystems.com

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited November 2012

@StormVZ said: There's also the risk of PayPal limiting you whenever they want even if your legitimate

Yeah, as soon as I received some money in my paypal account has been locked for suspicious activities. I guess receiving money as romanian is surely suspicious.
    One day too late, tho, I managed to get the money out of it.
    Now I pay as guest when they only have paypal.

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

@StormVZ said: There's also the risk of PayPal limiting you whenever they want even if your legitimate

This is a risk for any third-party payment processor you're trusting to hold your money.

• This is a risk for any third-party payment processor you're trusting to hold your money.

Yes, but PayPal is especially nasty. They essentially operate as an unregulated bank in the US. You would be surprised at what they can do . . .

I and many others can tell you horror stories about PayPal restricting thousands and tens of thousands of dollars for no valid reason and without recourse to the end-user.

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited November 2012

Agree with @Microlinux, there terms are pretty awful but cleverly written:

PayPal, at its sole discretion, reserves the right to close an account at any time for any reason

Google checkout and others have reasonable terms and only close on valid reasons

• NodeDeploy uses Google Checkout and PayPal. We've looked into STRIPE for card payments, more information located here: https://stripe.com/

Good luck.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited November 2012

@StormVZ said: PayPal, at its sole discretion, reserves the right to close an account at any time for any reason

And that is exactly what they do, robbing ppl without any recourse, while letting crooks operate in impunity.
    This is why monopolies are not good.
    Uncle has horror stories about spammers chargebacks honoured in spite of all eidence because the bank of the spammer requested it.
    So they are little cats in front of banks and tigers against the little merchant.

• 2checkout fees are definitely higher. But I think its services are good. What about payza ?? They seem good too.

• ryanarpryanarp Member, Patron Provider
    edited November 2012

I have actually accepted checks for yearly services. Other than that I know we use and are working on getting google checkout. For Paypal we use micro-payments. It helps a little bit with the fees.

• I second Stripe, I use Quantum Gateway and it's been expensive.

• Stripe is only supported in US, and is very good. But lets leave stripe at the moment. Other options ? Paypal charges great in to and fro currency conversions.

• Hello! Thank you to those who recommended us, that is great to see :)

To address the conversations about our rates, we wanted to let you know our fees for US sellers have changed to 2.9%+30¢ per transaction. Other countries remain at 5.5%+45¢. However we bundle our rates to keep it simple. There are NO: monthly fees, recurring fees, gateway fees, merchant fees, cancellation fees, etc. So hopefully you will find our rates competitive with that information.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@2Checkout your sign up process for a UK based company was a nightmare about 12 - 18 months ago, everything was USA centric, monthly fee's were applicable at the time as well as an application fee to even see if it was possible to use your service before being accepted.

Has this changed and why are the fee's so much higher for non USA based companies?

• @2Checkout said: To address the conversations about our rates, we wanted to let you know our fees for US sellers have changed to 2.9%+30¢ per transaction. Other countries remain at 5.5%+45¢.

If you reduce the fees for international sellers I'll sign up.

• superpilesossuperpilesos Member
    edited April 2013

Most of my clients pay through 2Checkout, I do wish the fees were lower, 5.5% is fine but 0,45$ is too much when you're selling shared hosting packages.
    Others pay mainly with Liberty Reserve and Webmoney. They both have much lower fees, I prefer those. What I don't like about Webmoney is that there is a fee for currency exchange (well, there is everywhere, but it doesn't mean I have to like it) -- if I'm paid in USD and I need to pay my DC in RUB there is a fee and vice versa. And then I want USD again, because RUB is useless other than to pay the DC, so I have another fee..

• @2Checkout said: To address the conversations about our rates, we wanted to let you know our fees for US sellers have changed to 2.9%+30¢ per transaction. Other countries remain at 5.5%+45¢. However we bundle our rates to keep it simple. There are NO: monthly fees, recurring fees, gateway fees, merchant fees, cancellation fees, etc. So hopefully you will find our rates competitive with that information.

Until your international fees fall into line with your US fees, there are much better alternatives.

• JacobJacob Member

@2Checkout Your merchant fees are shocking, we racked up over $2K+ in fees last year.

@ShardHost Like who..?