Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to set a reverse proxy record using NAT VPS (MyServerPlanet)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How to set a reverse proxy record using NAT VPS (MyServerPlanet)

Hello everyone , I bought a NAT VPS from MyServerPlanet yesterday and after waiting for nearly 6 hours they set up my VPS , however , after I found SolusVM and their knowledgebase I found no information about how to set up record , then I sent a ticket to them , so , after 15 hours they replied me
"
You should use this tutorial setting up reverse proxy

https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-use-apache-http-server-as-reverse-proxy-using-mod_proxy-extension
"
after reading this I think the replier misunderstood my request . and do not want to request them for help anymore .
so is there anyone using their NAT VPS and could help me with this problems ? thanks a lot !

Comments

• Please explain what you mean with "reverse proxy record". If you mean reverse DNS you can't set it on a NAT VPS (maybe on your local IP, but nobody will see it from outside..)

• cyxaaacyxaaa Member
    edited September 2015

@MuZo said:
    Please explain what you mean with "reverse proxy record". If you mean reverse DNS you can't set it on a NAT VPS (maybe on your local IP, but nobody will see it from outside..)

OK。。。。。I once used Lowendspirit and it is also a NAT VPS Provider and they offer this service , you know , NAT VPS just give you a NATed public IP and specified ports redirected to your VPS , for reverse proxy record means after you set up this record you can use this NATed public ip to set your DNS A record and the NAT server will redirect these request to your vps so you can host your website . (sorry for my english , I don't know whether you could understand what I said >_< )

• LordSpockLordSpock Member, Host Rep

I understand, you require the proxy for your website?

You may have to make a ticket with them for this.

• @LordSpock said:
    I understand, you require the proxy for your website?

You may have to make a ticket with them for this.

Yes , that's what I want :)

• cyxaaa said: OK。。。。。I once used Lowendspirit and it is also a NAT VPS Provider and they offer this service , you know , NAT VPS just give you a NATed public IP and specified ports redirected to your VPS , for reverse proxy record means after you set up this record you can use this NATed public ip to set your DNS A record and the NAT server will redirect these request to your vps so you can host your website . (sorry for my english , I don't know whether you could understand what I said >_< )

Ok I understood, but probably MyServerPlanet didn't understood you like me at first. They do offer the service your asking: (http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/51060/myserverplanet-ltd-storage-vps-7-nat-vps-3-80-kvm-s-4-99-and-dedicated-servers-12)

htgy: Hello, MSPNick , I am interested in your NAT plan. Do you provide reverse proxy if I want to host a small website on NAT vm?

MSPNick: Yes we do. All you'll need to do is put a ticket in. We will sort this.

Open a ticket asking to reverse proxy your port XXXXX for a webserver.

• LordSpockLordSpock Member, Host Rep

@cyxaaa said:

Right, what you will need to do is either ask them in a support ticket, or set the Web Server up and use CloudFlare and set an AAAA record to your IPv6 address.

• @LordSpock said:
    Right, what you will need to do is either ask them in a support ticket, or set the Web Server up and use CloudFlare and set an AAAA record to your IPv6 address.

ok , I've replied to them that I want to set a proxy for my website and told them the domain just now , uh ... seems my poor english made some troubles .....

• @MuZo said:

:) ok , I've done this just now. thank you

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

MSP is not part of LES, I don't know if they offer reverse proxy, most outside of LES don't offer this, you can use cloudflare but you don't need them to do that, you do it yourself.

• Well done @Muzo and @lordspock. I love how you guys have identified the problem and helped the OP!

Thanked by 1LordSpock
  • sorry to raise a zombie thread, just trying my luck again with a nat vps.
    bought one of MSP NAT, my network only have ipv6 with subnet, but no ipv6 gateway and dns.
    i installed nginx, and using cloudflare AAA record but cannot get through my website in standart 80/443 port.
    the only way to work is using nginx to listen to custom/nat port, but of course i can't publish my site with custom port.
    i hate to bother some support guy over a simple matter which usually i can configure myself, but should i must send ticket to add domain in reverse proxy? which i supposed to have it working under cloudflare ipv6?

should i posted this on a new thread?

• @xammy said:
    should i posted this on a new thread?

Yes

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

They are part of LES now, you set it in the proxy domains tab in solusvm.

Thanked by 1MSPNick