Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Windows Cloud Servers With Hourly Billing Needed?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Windows Cloud Servers With Hourly Billing Needed?

Hello,

Can somebody recommend me cloud service like Digitalocean and Vultr where you could create a VPS and then take a snapshot and delete the vps so you save money.

Vultr has Windows servers and even facility of custom ISO and I am using it. There support is good but I am still looking for some more providers.

I just need VPS for 2-3 hours daily. So here is what I actually want:

1. Windows Servers
  2. Hourly Billing
  3. Snapshot feature to save work

If anybody know any good ones please let me know about them.

Thank You

Comments

• TarZZ92TarZZ92 Member
    edited September 2015

AWS, Azure etc all offer that.

it's worth noting those snapshots are not free for vultr or DO.

• They are good but some others also available if you know them?

• Runabove/OVH?

• RunAbove should be good for you.

• deployvmdeployvm Member, Host Rep

I would recommend Microsoft Azure. Based on my experience, their Hyper-V platform is quite reliable. Azure has a variety of locations that you can deploy.

• atlantic.net might be an option.

• What about cloudsigma? But I am not sure they allow snapshots a not.

• these are good options. thank you everyone but I still couldn't find something as reliable as vultr. I will continue using it

• @toorhamza said:
    these are good options. thank you everyone but I still couldn't find something as reliable as vultr. I will continue using it

It's weird to say that nothing is as reliable as vultr. I would agree with the Atlantic.net recommendation for anyone looking for Windows cloud servers in the future. They've been in business for over twenty years, so they are as reliable as anyone in the game.

• IkoulaIkoula Member, Host Rep
    edited September 2015

Hello, our cloud (xen cloud vm) is matching your prerequisites.

• @ikoula how about the windows license, is it also billed per hour, or you pay the license per month even if you only use the windows VPS for a few hours?

• IkoulaIkoula Member, Host Rep

Yes, as you can see on our price grid there is a price for linux vm and for windows vm (difference is almost for license).

There is a switch to show hourly prices.

• have you tried LunaNode ? I guess they do have what you need.

• @TarZZ92 said:
    AWS, Azure etc all offer that.

it's worth noting those snapshots are not free for vultr or DO.

Vultr => Stored snapshots are currently free - pricing subject to change.

• GM2015GM2015 Member
    edited September 2015

Digitalocean doesn't charge anything for snapshot storage either, yet. Don't see it onmy bill, and google doens't say either otherwise.

Snapshots and Backups Pricing

The pricing for backups is 20% of the cost of the virtual server. So if you want to enable backups for a $5/mo virtual server, the cost for backups will be $1/mo.

The 20% cost for backups assumes at least four successful backups per month. If for any reason one of those backups should fail, you will not be charged for that backup. For example, if 3 out of 4 backups are successful, your backups will cost 15% the cost of your server that month. You will not be charged beyond the fourth backup in a single month. For more information about DigitalOcean backups, click here.https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/understanding-digitalocean-droplet-backups

The price for snapshots will be $0.02 per GB of snapshot storage per ..

Snapshot Uses

Scaling:Snapshots can provide an easy way to scale out a system: you can take a snapshot of a current server and spin up a new droplet from the snapshot. As soon as the process completes, you will have two identical servers to bolster your setup.

Occasional Usage: Snapshots can also provide a way to use droplets for a limited time without having to pay for hours when the server is not in use. Should you only need to use a server for a certain time every so often, you can take a snapshot of your current configuration, delete the droplet, and spin the system back up as soon as you need it once again—the image will remain in your account. In such a way, you only have to pay for the amount of time that you will actually use the droplet each month.

Backups: While automated backups make sure that is always a version of your system available in case of trouble, snapshots have the added benefit of being possible at any time. A snapshot could be taken prior to making any drastic changes to a server configuration, so that, should the changes be unsuccessful, you will have a version to revert back to.

https://www.digitalocean.com/community/questions/how-much-does-snapshot-costs