Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Suggestions for personal VPN box in LA
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Suggestions for personal VPN box in LA

Hi,

do you guys know any good hosters that are either on Quadranet or have a good connection to Quadranet for VPN purposes (incl. torrenting...).

Regards
bryce

Comments

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

QuadraNet itself?

• How do they handle problems?

• LordSpockLordSpock Member, Host Rep

VMBox?

If by problems you mean torrent abuse, I suppose they care less than the average U.S. provider, since I see QuadraNet peers quite often in my swarms.

Better than any reseller on their network, that's for sure.

edited September 2015

Are you sure they allow torrents?

Edit: they don't.

• I actually had one of these in LA and it had some many problems I just gave up on the fucker and turned it off.

@bryce It's an IPv6-only container, if you want it and BudgetVZ will allow it, I'll transfer it to you for free for the remainder of the billing period.

• That is very kind of you. I need ipv4 though. Can you elaborate on the kind of problems?

• letboxletbox Member, Patron Provider

We have in LA but not Quadranet.

• bryce said: That is very kind of you. I need ipv4 though. Can you elaborate on the kind of problems?

The container was constantly down, and after a migration I couldn't get the container to respond at all. I couldn't be arsed with it so I gave up with it, did't bother with a ticket.

• Ouch @Nekki had many NAT products and they been not bad but a bit of downtime here and there. And missed the whole torrents thing

• @key900 said:
    We have in LA but not Quadranet.

Yes but you only allow 1mbit of p2p traffic:
    http://letbox.com/tos.php

• TropiThomas said: Ouch @Nekki had many NAT products and they been not bad but a bit of downtime here and there. And missed the whole torrents thing

I've had them all at some point, Deepnet Solutions and Inception's plans have both been great, BudgetVZ, not so much.

• ramnode LA, but not inside quadranet DC

• belinikbelinik Member
    edited September 2015

bryce said: Yes but you only allow 1mbit of p2p traffic: http://letbox.com/tos.php

bryce said: To clarify: I dont plan on torrenting. I just cant guarantee that someone wont use a torrent client VPNing through the server.

so are you planning to torrent, or no? After 2 thread you are still missing information. Where majority of your clients are since you plan to share, or the isp they will be using, and are you planning to use latency sensitive application. ASIA optimized does not necessary mean they are better, depend on the situation you are in, I used to use 2 socks5 server, 1 for content delivery and another for voip. also do note most vpn prohibit vpn beyond personal usage.

If you plan to torrent, just get a online.net/scaleway/ovh/leaseweb vps/dedi. Cause most if not all usa vps suspend/terminate/pass on information when it comes to DMCA.

• belinik this topic has nothing to do with what you are quoting from the other thread. Thank you though for your recommendations, I will check them out!

• Crowncloud has QuadraNet LAX.

Thanked by 1SpeedBus