Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BlueVM: Unacceptably Poor Product and Service - Do Not Buy
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BlueVM: Unacceptably Poor Product and Service - Do Not Buy

**Note: BlueVM has been acquired by New Wave NetConnect, LLC or ChicagoVPS. This review applies to them, as well.

I was enticed to buy into BlueVM's servers by their prices. After shopping around some of the major VPS providers, I couldn't justify $80 per month for a game or teamspeak server, but I could justify $80 per year! It seemed like a great deal and, if the service was just a little bit spotty, I could accept it; it was, after all just a game server and the price was so good.

As it turns out, for the quality of the product, i.e., the reliability of the servers, and the quality of customer service, even $80 per year is overpriced.

The servers are down for extended periods of time when I want to use them, and probably just as often when I'm not paying attention to their status. Customer service tickets take two to three days to get a response and the first response is ALWAYS, "it's fixed now," even when it isn't. After haranguing them for about a week with multiple responses and inquiries, the servers are restored, only to be offline the next time I try to use them.

Too much of a hassle. I should have just bought a decent mid-priced VPS service from a reliable, reputable provider, NOT BlueVM or their successor company New Wave NetConnect, LLC or ChicagoVPS. All three grab your cash and run, with no recourse.

Don't do it.

Comments