Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for job suggestions
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for job suggestions

Hey guys,

I live in the Netherlands and I work for a company in Belgium. I write Node.js applications for them and like what I do.

Recently the board changed, different directors and as a result there's now a lot of tension and
envy.

Right now I'm 17 and I'll be turning 18 in March next year. I don't have a graduation yet (and not sure if I'll try get it) and I pay 1000 EUR/mo in rent and basic needs.

If somebody could suggest me a job I could look into, or knows someone that offers something challenging and fun; please let me know.

Comments

• ehabehab Member
    edited September 2015

may i suggest 2 options:

1) get an academic degree and IT profession degree e.g: Linux Admin etc ..

2) change profession completely into sales, business.

you have so much up/down time ahead don't forget to have fun also.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @classy: hard to give advice with practically no input. YOU know what your skills and interests are, but people here are not mind readers ;) This said, I'd suggest sticking with the job that pays the bills and which you like to boot. Any free time you have, I suggest looking into setting up your own small business as a secondary income source, that, with time and experience, may develop into something bigger.

• @ehab said:
    may i suggest 2 options:

1) get an academic degree and IT profession degree e.g: Linux Admin etc ..

I want to be a linux admin and am studying rhcsa. Do you think I will get a job with this?

• @stallion said:
    I want to be a linux admin and am studying rhcsa. Do you think I will get a job with this?

You can also get a job without those if you try. Without experience, certificates increase chances and a good way to put a foot on the door.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • If you attache your portfolio to this thread. I believe answers will be more accurate.