Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[EU] KVM 2GB RAM, 100GB HDD, 6.25% Dedicated vCPU, 5TB Data on 1000Mbps
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[EU] KVM 2GB RAM, 100GB HDD, 6.25% Dedicated vCPU, 5TB Data on 1000Mbps

Initially launched in 2013 Virtual6® has since been re-structured and re-formed as both a brand and a company. Now operating as a UK partnership, a substantial amount of time and money has been invested to provide a financially sustainable and profitable service that also offers quality and affordability to the company's and individuals that invest in us.

By choosing us you're choosing a passionate team of individuals with a physical presence in the UK, meaning both our support and manufacturing services are provided in house with zero outsourcing. As a business, we're at the forefront of the hosting industry, bringing the latest hardware and components to an outdated and overpriced UK hosting market. Buy purchasing services from us, you're supporting a real UK business partnership ran by local people from Yorkshire, England. And we sincerely appreciate it.

For the most part, we own all of our hardware and equipment, located at our UK datacenter in Coventry and as a business we are 100% free from finance or hire purchase agreements. The only exceptions are services we provide abroad whereby we use rented hardware to benefit our ever growing customer requirements. Please contact us today for further information, or a free no obligation quote. Thank you for reading!

V6VS01

2GB DDR3 RAM

100GB SATA HDD

6.25% Dedicated vCPU

5TB Bandwidth PCM

1000Mbps Shared port

6GB External FTP/S storage

Auto DDoS detection

Auto DDoS mitigation

1x IPv4 w/ rDNS

KVM Hardware virtualization

Datacenter: France (RBX4)

RRP: £6.09/month

Special Offer: £3.88/month

With promo "V6BANKHOLIDAYAUG31" valid until the 7th of September.

https://virtual6.net/blesta/order/main/index/virtual-servers

Comments

• FlamesRunnerFlamesRunner Member
    edited September 2015

Maybe you should fix your logo.
    And perhaps the CloudFlare SSL, as well.

• ratherbak3d said: 6.25% Dedicated vCPU

What does it mean?

• ratherbak3dratherbak3d Member
    edited September 2015

FlamesRunner said: Maybe you should fix your logo. And perhaps the CloudFlare SSL, as well.

Please provide me with more information on this. Are you using Windows XP by any chance? If the logo on the customer system is not shown and your seeing SSL errors, chances are you are using an old browser or operating system which is not supported.

Everything is fine as far as I can see on my Chromebook, but I have issues on my XP desktop.

• Maniac said: What does it mean?

6.25% is your dedicated allowance of the entire quad core processor :) You may happily maintain a 6.25% load without fear of suspension. 6.25% equates to a dedicated quarter of a core, but we provide it across four cores for better performance, rather than limiting you to a quarter of a single core.

Please let me know if you need any further clarification on this.

• Can I install windows

Thanked by 1Anna_Parker
  • Ruriko said: Can I install windows

Sure you can. Do you have your own license or would you require one?

• 4n0nx said: CPU model?

We use quad core Intel Xeon CPU's (Various models).

• Is this discount recurring or 1 month only?

• tvgdb said: Is this discount recurring or 1 month only?

It's recurring for as long as you keep it, but the offer is only valid until the 7th of Septemeber and I cant see us running it again any time soon.

• Hi, sorry for asking this, but are you the new owner of virtual6.net or are you the same Ashley?

edited September 2015

I'm Ashley. But Virtual6 is now ran as a partnership, rather than by myself alone as I work full time as a Switchgear engineer. It's mostly explained here http://virtual6.net/about-us.html.

And for the record, asking this is completely relevant, you don't need to apologize.

Thanked by 1ErawanArifNugroho
    edited September 2015

For people wondering about benchmarks, here's one on a fresh install of CentOS 7.

[root@test ~]# wget freevps.us/downloads/bench.sh      -O - -o /dev/null|bash
    CPU model :  Common KVM processor
    Number of cores : 4
    CPU frequency :  2666.666 MHz
    Total amount of ram : 1839 MB
    Total amount of swap :  MB
    System uptime :   0 min,
    Download speed from CacheFly: 24.0MB/s
    Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 5.13MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 3.88MB/s
    Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 3.52MB/s
    Download speed from i3d.net, Rotterdam, NL: 36.2MB/s
    Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 38.9MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 2.72MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 5.36MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 2.25MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 4.79MB/s
    I/O speed :  610 MB/s

The offer is only valid for one more day!

• @ratherbak3d Only 1 iso available for the vm os installation? Is this using complicated network configuration like MyCustomHosting?

edited September 2015

budi1413 said: @ratherbak3d Only 1 iso available for the vm os installation? Is this using complicated network configuration like MyCustomHosting?

If by complicated you mean you have to set up the network manually, then yes, unfortunately that's just OVH. I'm working through our ISO selection at the moment, we will have all the usual suspects available.

• Ah, it's Captain Pump'n'Dump!

• Is this offer over??? i missed it btw torrent allowed or not?

• Hello.

Legal torrents are fine as long as you don't abuse resources ;)

You missed out by a day, but I would try contacting [email protected] and persuade them to extend it a day.