Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS with BGP session located in EU
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS with BGP session located in EU

singsingsingsing Member
edited September 2015 in Requests

I've got other locations covered but I'm still missing a VPS in EU for my small-scale anycast project. Pointers, links and offers are to be considered highly relevant to this thread.

UPDATE: Filled, thanks everyone.

Thanked by 1aglodek

Comments

• @Clouvider offers this i think, haven't used his services myself.
    We offer BGP session on a dedi, but not on a VPS.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • WilliamWilliam Member
    edited September 2015

100EUR setup is pretty steep though.

Some are listed here: https://ip6.im/recommended-isp.html

Thanked by 1aglodek
  • singsingsingsing Member
    edited September 2015

@bersy said:
    yourserverse Latvia

Already tried, either they are out to lunch or they don't want to do it for random persons anymore :/

(Btw since virtually nobody lists that they do BGP session or details about extra charges, I kind of need some feedback before ordering).

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@rds100 said:
    Clouvider offers this i think, haven't used his services myself.
    We offer BGP session on a dedi, but not on a VPS.

Thanks for mentioning @rds100:).

That's correct. @singsing If you need any more info please visit our website at https://www.clouvider.co.uk or PM :)

Thanked by 1aglodek
  • martinandrinomartinandrino Member
    edited September 2015

We can do this for you in our NL cloud servers for 10,- EUR /mo + the server (from 10,- EUR/mo). You can reach me at m(at)andrinotelecom.net

Thanked by 1aglodek
  • Hi, guys!

Yes, we provide BGP in our Latvian datacenter (TeliaSonera is the upstream).

We know 100€ is pricey, but the job is done manually, that's why. It doesn't cost a thing monthly, though :)

edited September 2015

€100 EUR per 15 minutes of 1st line network engineer time?

It's pretty much always manual!

• yourserverseyourserverse Member
    edited September 2015

@Clouvider said:
    €100 EUR per 15 minutes of 1st line network engineer time?

It's pretty much always manual!

That depends on your network configuration. In our case that takes more then 15 minutes, because:
    1. Our customer BGP sessions are made with our core routers only, so first line engineers are not involved. BGP customers get dedicated VLANs too.
    2. We need to modify our internal docs and RIPE database
    3. We help customer with BGP configuration, if needed.

Thanked by 2deadbeef deployvm
  • Clouvider said: €100 EUR per 15 minutes of 1st line network engineer time?

In our case, we've prepared ready to deploy config templates, and the procedure is quite simple, so we can get it ready within 5 minutes (even less!) and waive the setup fee.

The monthly BGP session fee is to cover the maintenance costs of the edge router and the administrative workload related with customer prefixes.

I personally think that paying 10 EUR /mo for having such an advanced and rare option is quite reasonable. Same for the 100 EUR setup fee of @yourserverse, even though we don't charge it.

Thanked by 2deadbeef aglodek
  • NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

martinandrino said: advanced and rare option

Well...

• Nyr said: Well...

It's just a way of talking. Most customers doesn't have/need IP resources or AS numbers assigned by a RIR. Not the most requested feature.

singsing said: UPDATE: Filled, thanks everyone.

And while we discuss, in the meantime the OP has already chosen the provider.

• @Clouvider said: And while we discuss, in the meantime the OP has already chosen the provider.

And pointless to continue for OP's benefit, yes. However, others, like myself, working on similar projects, may benefit from a continued discussion.

@aglodek said:
    And pointless to continue for OP's benefit, yes. However, others, like myself, working on similar projects, may benefit from a continued discussion.

Agreed :)

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

@aglodek, what are you looking for?

• http://knownsrv.com provides BGP sessions as well.

Thanked by 1aglodek
  • gbshousegbshouse Member, Host Rep

Web2Objects (Frankfurt, DE), Nephax (Gdansk, PL), LP.PL (Warsaw, PL), we can offer extra peering with NetIX in Varna, BG (only when you've BGP with @rds100)

Thanked by 1aglodek
  • @randvegeta said: what are you looking for?

Interested in setting up own small anycast network to run geo-DNS together with geo-aware webheads and other apps. Although with future commercial implications, this is for learning/experience purposes and not a commercial project. Sort of feasibility study at this point.

• usavichusavich Member
    edited March 2016

We are looking for VM with BGP sessions. Please contact me 6555052(at)gmail.com
    RIPE region please
    Thanks in advance!

• @singsing said:

UPDATE: Filled, thanks everyone.

So whom did you go with ?

• Junkless said: So whom did you go with ?

Last Active January 9

I don't think he is going to answer you.