Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Export SolusVM Managed Xen VPS to OVF?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Export SolusVM Managed Xen VPS to OVF?

AmpedVPSAmpedVPS Member
edited November 2012 in General

I'm trying to find a way to move a couple of my SolusVM managed XEN VPSs to an OVF so that I can import them into my VMware environment? Does anyone have any idea how to do this?

I tried connecting XenCenter directly to a SolusVM managed Xen box - but it won't connect. I guess SolusVM somehow takes control of Xen environment, or it is just not supported. If I could get this workign, I could export OVF via XenCenter, but alas, no budge.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

A.

Comments

• Xen != XCP/XenServer

SolusVM has embeded Xen, no way to get XenCenter working with it

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited November 2012

I think you can convert a live machine running on whatever, to vmware or xcp/xenserver.
    I did it quite a few times, tho not exactly sure which one it was some 2 years ago.

EDIT: "VMware vCenter Converter supports conversions from sources such as physical machines, VMware and Microsoft virtual machine formats and certain 3rd party disk image formats."

A live machine I think qualifies as physical even if running on emulated hardware.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

Vmware converter is your best bet
    Ive used it a few times when moving virtual machines between different version of vmware.

• Thanks. VMware Converter it is!

• Ahh right. VMWare can do system converter. I've tried it not so long ago, to turn my xp into a virtual machine.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

P2v and v2v :)