Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

1.5 Years Detailed Review : TMZ & HudsonValleyHost Managed VPS servers
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

1.5 Years Detailed Review : TMZ & HudsonValleyHost Managed VPS servers

MridulMridul Member
edited September 2015 in Reviews

Im their 3 year old customer at HVH and 1.5 years at TMZ. I have used their reseller and vps and i am quite satisfied with their services. This review is about their VPS servers.

Plans / Features : Both TMZ and HVH offer free cpanel and softaculous with managed vps plans. both have ample locations. tmz offers kvm as well.

Hardware : On HVH nothing to complain about, I have two servers with them one is 4 GB RAM ( old ) and the other being 6 GB ( new ) . I got 2 cores with older one ( 4 GB ) when i signed up an year ago. They have improved now as i got 4 cores with the recent plan. server is very stable and i have been hosting around 50 clients on the old one and 10 on the new without any issues.

Just one noticable issue with new server was it got offline ( i had to manually reboot it ) for no reason.

I started on TMZ with 2 GB Plan, it was $29 when they started now the same plan costs $35. Its notable that with 8 cores at TMZ, you get more CPU E2620 than anywhere else.

Price : You simply cant beat HVH over this. I pay $29 for the Old server and $23 for the new one ( Its a Sale they have you get 50% off lifetime , using coupon laborday4515 or comeback5015 Aff. Link : Visit HVH - 50% Off Life Time on Managed VPS ) .

If you consider they give cPanel free and softaculous as well, its really amazing to get a fully managed cpanel VPS for $15 /Mo ! wow !

TMZ is slightly costlier, but still bang for the buck. You can even get KVM managed but i feel its very pricy. IPs cost $3 /mo

Support : One Name "Ernie". I love this guy, he simply never gives up and does evrything beyind you expectation to make things easy fr you. he even added Free IP to my old vps just fr being a loyal customer... Support is very responsive and quick ( most of the times ) Alton in particular has impressed me. The only thing i dislike is getting canned replies at times.

TMZ as well has a nice team. The team members Sara and Joseph are excellent. My tickets are responded quicker on TMZ and Resolved ( usually under an hour ) at HVH while a few hours at TMZ.

Migrations are much faster on HVH. The team on both TMZ and HVH is very interactive.

Conclusion : I must say, im very satisfied with both hosts. If you cannot afford wired tree, i advise you to check tmzvps or hvh.

Comments