Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

UptimeVPS support seems to have disappeared
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

UptimeVPS support seems to have disappeared

DigitalPureDigitalPure Member
edited November 2011 in General

Well it appears that us1 for UptimeVPS has died, and we are 48hrs into the downtime and support and sales STOPPED replying to tickets. This is not usual for Ken, and so I am reaching out here to see if anyone else is having the same issue. I have gotten 1 reply from Lee about 90min after I opened a ticket saying "FSCK on the disk" and since them ignored.

View Ticket #610397
Department: Support
Date: 10/11/2011 15:45
Subject: Server Suddently Offline
Urgency: High

ONLY REPLY:
10/11/2011 17:02
Hi David,
We are aware of this and it is currently being fixed.
It will be back up shortly, we apologise for the inconvenience.
Reason: FSCK on the hard disk.
Regards,
Lee
UptimeVPS

Very frustrated, as they have been working very well, and I have a couple of other servers with them on other nodes that are all working but I am getting leary of loading anything on them. IF they had a issue not sure that I can get it fixed.

David

Comments

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep
    edited November 2011

You should have read around LET here, no one trusts them except 2 or so people.

It's not really surprising tbh.

Thanked by 2drmike Asim
  • 'bout time.

• I assume they have the same support staff as when they started out, so handling all those nodes they're leasing can be pretty chaotic for them at this time.

• It took five days for them to restore their France-based Charlie node. Definitely seeing less info on Twitter (http://twitter.com/#!/uptimevps) and their web site (http://secure.uptimevps.co/announcements.php).

• Its not like anyone predicted that they are a fail company or so :D

• EXACTLY the same here.. im on node de6, i wrote 3 tickets and im not getting ANY respons

has been down for more than 48hours now... im already planing on changing BUT ATLEAST I WANT A BACKUP!
    Wtf is wrong with them..

• ks214172.kimsufi.com ( Windows VPS Server) Confirmed Dead!)

• Few days ago they said that they will refund all clients which didn't recieved prepaid Netherland VPS till "tomorrow 9am". Clients never recived refund neither some additional ticket response.
    It seems like Ken this time really dissapeared with all money.

• Damn time to move my stuff off. Think I got three good months out of them. Two more than expected ;)

• This is not usual for Ken

@DigitalPure since you're throwing away money, can you send me some?

Thanked by 1Infinity
  • @drmike: It will be burned as soon as it hits the US border. According to one of the numerous anti-terror laws. Foreign sender address. ;)

• I'll take gift cards....

• Sooo, can I interest anybody in buying some of my many UptimeVPS' ?

• @ztec said: Sooo, can I interest anybody in buying some of my many UptimeVPS' ?

lol, good one :)

• @ztec were you the one that said he owns tens of uptimevps and getting some more?

• Go59954Go59954 Member
    edited November 2011

Just asking because I think he was rich :)
    Anyhow for how much selling each?

• @Spirit said: Clients never recived refund neither some additional ticket response.

You get your refund only by PayPal dispute/claim/credit card charge back. That's how they handle refund seems.

• Which is stupid because it just gives them a worse rep with paypal.

Thanked by 1Infinity
  • Well, I a sorry that others are having the same issues. I have 4 servers with them on other nodes, and this is the only one that is a issue. I am more upset that ZERO communication is being given. Every provider has issues, but communication is the key to keeping clients happy especially during a disaster like this.

I have rsync running with hourly backups offsite on all the servers, so I did not loose any data. I have moved all crucial data to new hosts and am working.

• jhjh Member

And their website isn't resolving..

• @jtodd said:

And their website isn't resolving..

uptimevps.co works for me

• ztecztec Member
    edited November 2011

@Go59954 said: @ztec were you the one that said he owns tens of uptimevps and getting some more?

Yep...

• node: foxtrot seems to be dead; I can login to SolusVM but node wont boot.

• Alpha, Mike, Foxtrot.. in other wooorrddss... adios m.. f....

• My 1GB VPS is down now...
    It's on node: de4

Thanked by 1breton
  • OK... ITS back online again.... BUT all my data is lost... and they have installed ubuntu on my vserver... THANK YOU UPTIMEVPS!... i recommend to everybody quitting their servers on uptimevps.. soo insolent...

• jhjh Member

@trololo did you find out what happened? data loss is not necessarily their fault, and backups are your responsibility.

• trololo its a good job you had your own back-ups then, isnt it?

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited November 2011

@jtodd said: did you find out what happened?

How? In this thread is more than once written that they vanished. They don't answer support tickets anymore.

@jtodd said: data loss is not necessarily their fault, and backups are your responsibility.

He reported that they reinstalled his vps/lost his datas. Most likely without any communication with him. For reporting such issue it's completely irrelevant if he personally have or don't have own backups.

• @Spirit said: For reporting such issue it's completely irrelevant if he personally have or don't have own backups.

Agree.

And still no support?