Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Amanah.com spamming with fake user experience comments
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Amanah.com spamming with fake user experience comments

96mb96mb Member
edited November 2012 in Providers

Recently there has been quite a few spam comments on 96MB from Amanah.com and although I have decided to initially simply disregard them, I feel this is probably a good opportunity to let people who are potentially considering their services know the business practice. I have documented some of my research here:

http://www.96mb.com/amanah-com-fake-user-experience-comments/

And if you have any further insight, please feel free to share here as well.

Comments

• haha, when you whois'd and you saw [email protected] they were screwed.
    Would say: lifetime ban them from your site

• I love me a good public shaming. grabs popcorn

• nice documentation...
    u should apply for your country force, a good detective

• @BronzeByte said: Would say: lifetime ban them from your site

Everyone make mistakes at some point of their life, me included, I think Amanah, at the very least, owes the community an apology for posting reviews that are so suspicious. If not, then a lifetime ban out of 96MB.com is definitely one of the options.

@MannDude said: I love me a good public shaming. grabs popcorn

LOL, too bad I don't sell popcorn as well. However I was really amazed how blatant he is when posting his "reviews", he actually used his real name and his business website, which is a big joke for me.

@enitan092 said: u should apply for your country force, a good detective

The police force here? Nah, I love blogging more

• If I'm not mistaken, you saw the connection before too right? I recall you making comments bout them, guessing you just got around to deciding on acting on all the behavior they seem to be behind.

What's worse are the ones that email spam you with no way to unsubscribe... like that's really going to earn your business. (or how bout some of the providers that spammed the leaked whmcs database of emails? lol)

• @kbeezie said: If I'm not mistaken, you saw the connection before too right? I recall you making comments bout them, guessing you just got around to deciding on acting on all the behavior they seem to be behind.

My only "history" on Amanah was I posted their free VPS offer a while ago, after they have sent me an email about them:

http://www.96mb.com/free-vps-out-of-toronto/

I admit I should have done more background checking on the "offer", which I did not. However, I have never recived any form of "compensation", money or otherwise, from them and as much as I appreciate they providing free VPS to the community, what happened afterwards was more than enough for me to see them otherwise.

• By the way, is there someone on LET who has a hostfail blog? I guess this is probably some materials worth writing for the hostfail blog.

• @Zen said: No, busy..

Ah, I see, hopefully you'll be able to get other projects done soon!

• @96mb said: However, I have never recived any form of "compensation", money or otherwise, from them and as much as I appreciate they providing free VPS to the community, what happened afterwards was more than enough for me to see them otherwise.

They would have been better off not paying the comment posters and spending that money on your AdSense spot to advertise on your site.

• @bamn said: They would have been better off not paying the comment posters and spending that money on your AdSense spot to advertise on your site.

Agreed, although whether someone is advertising on 96MB or not is independent of the reviews that I am posting for them, I obviously will never write a blog post shaming a provider because he/she has advertised on my site