Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need SSD KVM or Xen VPS (East Coast)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need SSD KVM or Xen VPS (East Coast)

angrysnarlangrysnarl Member
edited August 2015 in Requests

Hi, I'm looking for a server with the following specs:

3-4 cores
2GB RAM
30GB-50GB RAID10 SSD storage
1TB bandwidth (1Gbps)
2 IPv4 with the option to purchase more
Preferred location is NY/NJ, but offers in other East Coast locations are welcome

No ColoCrossing offers!

Budget is $20/mo

It'd also be great to have the option to easily upgrade resources as needed.

P.S. I'd go with RamNode but I already have a lot of services with them and would rather not keep all of my eggs in one basket.

Thanked by 1Nick_A

Comments

• @dediserve is a good choice. 2GB ram, 4 Core CPU, 2TB transfer, 2 IP addresses, Buffalo, NY. James might be able to give you a discount, who knows. $30.75 (your original budget) a month (but if you can do 2 cores, it will be $11 less.

• mike0000mike0000 Member
    edited August 2015

Wable Bundle #3? https://wable.com/ - Can launch in Incero NYC, Dallas or Seattle.

Skimmed past the KVM/Xen requirement.

• @mikeyur said:
    Wable Bundle #3? https://wable.com/ - Can launch in Incero NYC, Dallas or Seattle.

I thought wable was VZ-based?

• @angrysnarl said:
    I thought wable was VZ-based?

Yup, sorry, I missed that. Edited my post above right before you commented.

Incero just launched this service though; http://speedykvm.com/ - but only in Dallas right now.

• @TheOnlyDK said:
    dediserve is a good choice. 2GB ram, 4 Core CPU, 2TB transfer, 2 IP addresses, Buffalo, NY. James might be able to give you a discount, who knows. $30.75 (your original budget) a month (but if you can do 2 cores, it will be $11 less.

Got a server with them, overall good service but not 100% satisfied with their network so I'm looking for other offers for now.

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep

What about Vultr?

• @angrysnarl said:
    Got a server with them, overall good service but not 100% satisfied with their network so I'm looking for other offers for now.

Have you contacted them about the network issue? Is it high ping? Packet loss? or slow download speed?

Thanked by 1lostinwoods
  • angrysnarlangrysnarl Member
    edited August 2015

@perennate said:
    What about Vultr?

They don't use RAID

• @TheOnlyDK said:
    Have you contacted them about the network issue? Is it high ping? Packet loss? or slow download speed?

Really slow download speed from certain servers in the US. I already have a ticket with them and tbh James has been really helpful all throughout. I'd rather this topic be about other offers instead of my issue with dediserve.

• BradBrad Member

Check out our pure SSD brand Byteshack. Simply purchase two Maxi plans and we'll combine them.

Thanked by 1BeardyUnixGuy
  • @Brad said:
    Check out our pure SSD brand Byteshack. Simply purchase two Maxi plans and we'll combine them.

Thanks but

@angrysnarl said:
    No ColoCrossing offers!

• BradBrad Member

@angrysnarl said:

No ColoCrossing offers!

I somehow missed that. Any reason why?

• @Brad said:

I had multiple servers with other CC resellers in the past and I frequently experienced network-related issues.

• BradBrad Member

@angrysnarl said:

Are you sure it was solely CC's fault? I can set you up with a trial run for a couple of days, no strings attached, if you'd like.

• TheOnlyDKTheOnlyDK Member
    edited August 2015

@angrysnarl said:
    Really slow download speed from certain servers in the US. I already have a ticket with them and tbh James has been really helpful all throughout. I'd rather this topic be about other offers instead of my issue with dediserve.

Slow download speed is depended on lot of factors... But yea let's keep this to the offers.

EDIT: What about Vultr? Only 1 IP but their network should be good.

Thanked by 1lostinwoods
  • perennateperennate Member, Host Rep
    edited August 2015

perennate said: What about Vultr?

angrysnarl said: They don't use RAID

TheOnlyDK said: EDIT: What about Vultr? Only 1 IP but their network should be good.

You can add multiple IP on Vultr though. Digital Ocean is the one with only one.

• @perennate said:
    You can add multiple IP on Vultr though.

Add an additional IP will increase the monthly price but should still be within the budget. And there's a limit to how many IPs you can add (I think, not too sure). Other than that I don't see why Vultr is an issue.

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep
    edited August 2015

Was anyone actually able to prove they don't use RAID?

• @shovenose said:
    Was anyone actually able to prove they don't use RAID?

No but I'm not comfortable dealing with providers who are seem to be very secretive.. not to mention they've shown disrespect to other hosts here on LET.

• bersybersy Member
    edited August 2015

It seems Vultr is a better option, as has been mentioned above. Two additional IPs are available to my knowledge.

Atlantic.net $20/m (2vCPU), additional IP is $2/m, NY.

CloudieWeb $18/m (2vCPU), additional IP is $2/m, NJ (Choopa).
    http://lowendbox.com/tag/cloudieweb-com/

TheOnlyDK said: @dediserve is a good choice. 2GB ram, 4 Core CPU, 2TB transfer, 2 IP addresses, Buffalo, NY. James might be able to give you a discount, who knows. $30.75 (your original budget) a month (but if you can do 2 cores, it will be $11 less.

TheOnlyDK said: Have you contacted them about the network issue? Is it high ping? Packet loss? or slow download speed?

TheOnlyDK said: Slow download speed is depended on lot of factors... But yea let's keep this to the offers.

Care to read? 1 Gbps was requested, pushy kid.

Thanked by 1angrysnarl
  • @bersy said:

Thanks, will check out cloudieweb.

• @bersy said:
    It seems Vultr is a better option, as has been mentioned above. Two additional IPs are available to my knowledge.

Atlantic.net $20/m (2vCPU), additional IP is $2/m, NY.

CloudieWeb $18/m (2vCPU), additional IP is $2/m, NJ (Choopa).
    http://lowendbox.com/tag/cloudieweb-com/

Care to read? 1 Gbps was requested, pushy kid.

1Gbps dedicated? You will NEVER get that anywhere with that price. Dediserve atleast gives you 250mbps dedicated (they claim) so care to do the homework? Pushy kid.

• bersybersy Member
    edited August 2015

angrysnarl said: No but I'm not comfortable dealing with providers who are seem to be very secretive.. not to mention they've shown disrespect to other hosts here on LET.

Do you need a Сhecker cab or do you need a ride?

TheOnlyDK said: 1Gbps dedicated? You will NEVER get that anywhere with that price. Dediserve atleast gives you 250mbps dedicated (they claim) so care to do the homework? Pushy kid.

Where have you found "dedicated"? There was actually talk of 1Gbps shared, a child could understand it.

As for Dediserve, they don't give you "250mbps dedicated" as well.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

If Miami is ok as a test location, have a look at Inception Hosting: https://clients.inceptionhosting.com/cart.php?a=confproduct&i=1

I had one of these previously to run Windows, best I've ever had.

• Nekki said: If Miami is ok as a test location, have a look at Inception Hosting: https://clients.inceptionhosting.com/cart.php?a=confproduct&i=1

I had one of these previously to run Windows, best I've ever had.

Their storage isn't SSD based as far as I know.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@bersy said:
    Their storage isn't SSD based as far as I know.

Missed that, it's early here :-/

• @bersy said:

Dediserve claims that all your resources are dedicated to you. So you will get 250mbps dedicated, which is better than 1gbps shared. And you can go somewhere else you ignorant rude kid. The community has had enough of your type. We are all here to help each other and not come here to call others kid and be rude. Grow up.

• jazz1611jazz1611 Member
    edited August 2015

@angrysnarl if you interest location LA.

/mod edit - Removed offer, if the @OP is interested in LA (even if it is not East Coast) I'm sure he will get in contact with you or post another thread requesting it.

• bersybersy Member
    edited August 2015

TheOnlyDK said: Dediserve claims that all your resources are dedicated to you. So you will get 250mbps dedicated, which is better than 1gbps shared. And you can go somewhere else you ignorant rude kid. The community has had enough of your type. We are all here to help each other and not come here to call others kid and be rude. Grow up.

Every second request is full of irrelevant suggestions out here. Dediserve is brilliant, but their connection speed is not "1 Gbps shared" as well as "250 Mbps dedicated", since it's actually infeasible in this price range, and I'm sure you are fully aware of that. Moreover OP has sent a clear message that Dediserve's network is insufficient in his case. Despite all that, you still annoy with Dediserve, so I associate you with pushy kid.

jazz1611 said: @angrysnarl if you interest location LA.

This is exactly what I have meant when I've said "irrelevant suggestions". Since when LA is East Coast? Read OP's request over, please.

• Considering getting servers from atlantic.net and cloudieweb, but I need around 5 servers from multiple providers so please keep relevant offers coming.