Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Migrating OpenVZ Virtual Servers
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Migrating OpenVZ Virtual Servers

taobaolutaobaolu Member
edited November 2011 in General

vzmigrate -v --remove-area no --ssh="-p 22" 127.0.0.1 134

Everybody is good, do excuse me I command is correct, but I can't move a normal complete VPS. Someone can help me?

Comments

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

Command is correct but migrating to the same server makes no sense.

Now if you put the loopback IP in there as a placeholder (bad idea), then make sure you can connect to the other server using SSH. I'm not 100% sure but I'm fairly certain you need an SSH key for it to work also (I don't know why but for some reason I keep thinking I was never able to get vzmigrate to work without a key).

• No, I'm migration in addition a server, but always can't move all the documents, I don't understand why.

• jhjh Member

So you want to duplicate the VPS on the same node?

Thanked by 1taobaolu
  • I want to move node.

What error are you getting?

• No hint error, and it is not completely migration, VPS occupied for 40 gb hard drive, the smaller the occupied when hard disk, the greater the success rate of migration, I don't understand why.

Can you copy and paste the output of the script so we can see the error?

Thanked by 1taobaolu
  • Once again I am try again, do you know where the error log in? Or remove the log in where?

There is no error log to my knowledge. Whenever I run vzmigrate it always outputs each step to the screen and if there is an error it will display it on the screen.

Thanked by 1taobaolu
  • vzquota : (warning) Quota is running for id 123

• [1]+ Exit 8 vzmigrate -v --remove-area no --ssh="-p 22"