Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Deception about this year black friday
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Deception about this year black friday

qwerty6666qwerty6666 Member
edited November 2012 in General

Have you guys managed to get a good offer ? From what i've seen there was only First month offer on webhostingtalk or super expensive stuff .
" Our 256mb vps are down from 50$ to 25$ biggg promo " or " first month 5$ than 40$ "
havnt found much in the LEB price range

Same things on lowendbox not much outstanding promotion . I've wait 1 year to get a edis vps with a similar promotion than last year but this week they offered double the disk promotion instead and very few user need more disk =(

as we dont celebrate thanksgiving here I've mark the black friday date on a calendar and been waiting for weeks for it seem like ive lost my time hehe

how about your black friday guys =) ?

Comments

• Mine went pretty well. One free .me domain from Gandi, one $1.16 .com from Namecheap, and a free 16GB VPS from MediaTemple for three months. :)

• We've always done recurring discounts and our black friday specials have been. Don't understand. Didn't look too much at the other deals.

Namecheap special was good. Got some :)

• edited November 2012

For this time, I got some deals in black friday :

• 1 x $0.99 domain transfer in NameCheap
    • 1 x $0.99 domain registration in NameCheap
    • 1 x free .me domain from Gandi
    • for vps, not looking for it :p.

But there's many offer for it : Prometeus 1GB OpenVZ SSD for $5.76, FrontRangeHosting 50% off, Edis with double disk space, and another offer, but I forgot.

• @gubbyte said: One free .me domain from Gandi, one $1.16 .com from Namecheap

the same with me. Actuallly pretty happy with this. Still, i think don't give up till monday, maybe some deals will be available. After all it is cyber monday, and the beginning of a week is always better to make huge sales i guess.

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited November 2012

Nothing to do with the internet but got myself an iPad 32GB from John Lewis (Major UK Retail Store) who matched Apples offers on the iPad and included 2 years warranty instead of 1 :)

• We are going cyber monday

• @StormVZ said: 2 years warranty instead of 1

You should have 2 years warranty regardless, EU Directive 1999/44/EC.

• I got a recurring reseller acct from turnkeyinternet. 7.5 per month.
    Come with whims two ns and 1 year ssl cert

I ordered mainly because of the whmcs. 7.5. Really a steal for me. I pre pay for 1 full year.

I even help my company ordered another account.

• qwerty6666qwerty6666 Member
    edited November 2012

Seem like it was a domain year =)

@StormVZ said: Nothing to do with the internet but got myself an iPad 32GB from John Lewis (Major UK Retail Store) who matched Apples offers on the iPad and included 2 years warranty instead of 1 :)

i got diablo III for 45$ yesterday . It been multiple month my friend harass me to buy it and up to now im not impress i almost prefer diablo 2 =S at least i got it discounted

• Uncle has a great offer running , check it out > webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1212243

• Darn i should've checked here before posting ..still helps anyone who missed out ;)

• registered 2 domains with namecheap promo
    • transferred domain from godaddy to namecheap
    • got free .me with gandi
    • free .de with flatbooster
    • recurring 256mb plan with securedragon
  • Some of the "LEB providers" had really unsustainable, long term plans. Sure I sign up, everything works and 6 months down the road I would hate to get a "well we didn't think that promotion out too well..."

Is the "state of LEB" going to be where VPS servers are so unrealistically cheap that providers pay you to use them?

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@bamn said: Is the "state of LEB" going to be where VPS servers are so unrealistically cheap that providers pay you to use them?

That might be :) A condition to be listed will be that company must give a bank statement to show they have enough money to "sell" at least 1000 VPS :)

• @Maounique said: enough money to "sell" at least 1000 VPS :)

That would be a nice pump-n-dump!

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

@bamn said: Some of the "LEB providers" had really unsustainable, long term plans.

That's why I can't understand when providers don't put limits on their promotions. Our special won't bring in any profit in the long term but that's why we limited it to 10 and because of it, we had 2 people purchase a full priced VPS in addition to the special and 1 person purchased enough addons to make it profitable so I still feel good about it.

• @KuJoe said: That's why I can't understand when providers don't put limits on their promotions. Our special won't bring in any profit in the long term but that's why we limited it to 10 and because of it, we had 2 people purchase a full priced VPS in addition to the special and 1 person purchased enough addons to make it profitable so I still feel good about it.

I'll buy one if you send me a ham sandwich.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited November 2012

@bamn said: Sure I sign up, everything works and 6 months down the road

...anything can happen. 6 months in, you have way too little leverage in the way of ensuring your provider keeps giving you good service (e.g.: non-oversold). What can you do? Can't stop paying (since you have already paid for the full year), can't get a refund, can only keep posting tickets hoping they have some good will to fix the problems.
    That's why I think people really shouldn't get into yearly deals.

• Regardless of the type of promotion or after-sales service in place, I do think a lot of people are basically satisfied with the idea of just getting something for free or for less. I wouldn't describe what the providers are doing as "deceiving", since a marketing pitch may often really sound too good to be true sometimes (thinking of politicians). Either way there are several providers with shoddy reputations many should be wary about, and it's best to mark them out of your black friday "go-to" list.

• Any airsofters? :) Got a decent gun for $135.

• I got a domain from GD and 1 reseller acc from Turnkey with a WHCMS around 7.5/mo

• Well, I got a 256MB KVM from Front Range Hosting for $1.88...

• @rm_ said: ...anything can happen.

Specifically citing this year and last year's Black Friday offers in regards to unsustainable promotions which are not well thought out versus general LEB unsustainable plans which are from the start.

Remember how many providers who have killed themselves with the $5 1GB VPS rope?

I'm talking about some new company who goes "you know what, let's do $3.50 1GB VPS* for Black Friday, what the heck right? New signups = GOOD".

• Did not specifically see such an offer but most folks understand what I'm trying to say. If you own your own network and hardware, go right ahead, you probably have the overhead eliminated down to where you can make a little - some profit compared to folks taking loss month after month
  • @bamn said: Is the "state of LEB" going to be where VPS servers are so unrealistically cheap that providers pay you to use them?

I don't understand how it works either - even if you colo and own all the hardware. Rather not do a sale or go as far and lose a few customers than go down such paths.

• 24khost24khost Member
    edited November 2012

Are normal lowend deals are pretty cheap

Cyber Monday will have a treat for a few people and that will be it. It should just be built into your business plan.

• I didn't see many black friday offers, mostly cyber monday.

• @juan said: free .de with flatbooster

@juan, or anyone, name.com shows this requirement to register a .de "Are there any restrictions? Yes, to register .DE domain names, you must have an administrative contact located within German borders."

Anyone know if this is required at flatbooster? Not much documentation on their site.. will prob give them an email to find out...

• @twain said: @juan, or anyone, name.com shows this requirement to register a .de "Are there any restrictions? Yes, to register .DE domain names, you must have an administrative contact located within German borders."

@twain said:Anyone know if this is required at flatbooster? Not much documentation on their site.. will prob give them an email to find out...

Well, i used an address which is not in German borders, and the domain is still registered and actually am using now.

• @twain said: Anyone know if this is required at flatbooster? Not much documentation on their site.. will prob give them an email to find out...

To activate your account you need to confirm your phone number, and when I put in a non-german one it told me to contact support.