Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with OpenID
Advertise on LowEndTalk.com

In this Discussion

LunarVPS is a scam.

LunarVPS is a scam.

After purchasing a VPS from lunarvps.com in Switzerland for a small VPN server I did a small speed test on the machine to see if it met the standards they were advertising.

What they advertise: They claim to do 10Gbps port speeds:

But they actually offer 1Gbps speeds on servers:

....Which they lied about because I received a 1mbps connection.

This is what support said after I contacted them, then they just stopped replying to me.

TLDR: Do not buy servers from these guys it's a complete waste of money.

Tagged:
Thanked by 1sambling

Comments

• teknolaizteknolaiz Member
    edited August 2015

AFAIK 1 Gbps = max 125 Megabytes/s. Did it change? 0.53 Mbps is not even 1 Megabyte/s. Sketchy or they have no idea of math and stuff.

I'm on vacation in Belize.

• I'm just angry not because they took my money which si only 5$ but the fact they advertise falsely.

• What the actual HTML ?

Provided 1mbps connection and then provided 100mbps connection which equals to 1gbps connection. Yay... My old nokia has a 1gbps connection I think.

It seems like some kid from a basement hosting 'company'

time wasters please dont comment as we are a serious buyer
    Programmer trying to do Logo Designs

Thanked by 1netomx
  • cridetcridet Member
    edited August 2015

When they connected to my server to fix an issue the IP address of the past connectino was an indian home connection so I'm assuming it's an group of indians running it or their support is done by indians. Also I made a lowendtalk account just to talk about this.

• cridet said: I'm just angry not because they took my money

You should be angry if you have paid. Because it's your hard earn money !

Thanked by 1netomx
  • fitvpnfitvpn Member
    edited August 2015

Tried their Sweden location few months ago, get 60 Mbps on these tests

cridet said: cridet

BTW: Which your location you tried test from/to? If China, not surprised

Yes, I can boogie

• fitvpn said: BTW: Which your location you tried test from/to? If China, not surprised

Zurich, Mirror hosted by iway AG. It is shown in his Speedtest screenshot.

• JonchunJonchun Member, Provider

Technically they said they have locations with 10Gbps... Not that all their locations offered it.. On top of that, who's the idiot who actually believed they would get 10Gbps for $5/mo¿

• Jonchun said: Technically they said they have locations with 10Gbps

Bandwidth part of the VPS order says 1Gbps. But I'm really confused about their variant network connection. 10gbps/1gbps/100mbps/1mbps

Swoosh

• I thought I was getting a 100mbps connection but I got 1mbps.

• cridet said: I thought I was getting a 100mbps connection but I got 1mbps.

Same speed from Montreal to Ottawa in Canada, so sometimes its normal.. :P

Which VPN script you use? You may has issues with script. Which VZ?

Yes, I can boogie

• I'm using openvpn

• cridetcridet Member
    edited August 2015

I run servers on 8 different providers I'm sure I'm not the issue and it's them.

• hawchawc Member, Moderator

Lol. I had this with them. They offered me to move to their NL location (Hi LeaseWeb resold server)

• Private Layer in CH going worse? Hah..

Yes, I can boogie

• cassacassa Member, Provider

100mbps equals 1gbps, you know

ik moet poepen

• @cassa said: 100mbps equals 1gbps, you know

and it is the same as 1 Mbps, dont forget.

Thanked by 2cassa BensDaMan
  • They're not a scam, they provided you a service. You only spent $5, it's not like you spent $100. Think about how fast you spend $5 in one day else where.

• netomxnetomx Member, Moderator

Jeffrey said: You only spent $5

Check out XVMLabs plans, works wonderfully everytime

• @Jeffrey said: They're not a scam, they provided you a service. You only spent $5, it's not like you spent $100. Think about how fast you spend $5 in one day else where.

You advertise a thing and when you don't deliever it, it is simply one kind of unlawful action...

• Jeffrey said: You only spent $5, it's not like you spent $100. Think about how fast you spend $5 in one day else where.

This is a statement that was putting everyone everywhere. You get what you paid for. Yes we can understand we get what we paid for. We cannot buy a Sri Lankan blue gem for the price of a ruby. But imagine you've been advertised for blue gem (ruby price) and final delivery was a ruby. (IDK how far this matches)

If provider cannot provide those extra services for that budget price. Provider is more than welcome to remove them and stop giving false promises.

• Speedtest.net really isn't the best way to test a connection speed of a server, just saying generally. I like the dl.getipaddr.net/speedtest.EU.sh benchmark to test a server in EU location and its up & downstream.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • ATHKATHK Member

@nexusrain said: Speedtest.net really isn't the best way to test a connection speed of a server, just saying generally. I like the dl.getipaddr.net/speedtest.EU.sh benchmark to test a server in EU location and its up & downstream.

He's doing it via a VPN, however I'd advise not to aswell..

• Clearly they need to go back to grade school and learn about place value. They're still in Kinder-garden thinking "zeros are zeros".

• Privatelayer.. what do you expect? Shitty bandwidth with shitty connections, that is what you get from Privatelayer always!

Hey there... nothing to see here

• cridet said: cridet

Where you located exactly? Why need CH location?

Yes, I can boogie

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Administrator, Top Provider

what... some details needed here unless I missed them...

Please can you confirm exactly how the speed test was performed, from what I have read you did it from home while connected to the VPS via a VPN and expected to achieve more than your home ISP?

please tell me I am wrong.

• Anna_ParkerAnna_Parker Member
    edited August 2015

@cridet About half year ago I've also bought VPS in Switzerland I had 300-600 KB/s! It were direct speeds on VPS, not OpenVPN or something. They said it's normal. Yes, LunarVPS is a scam.

RC5 cracker since 1998!

• Wow. These guys are awesome****....

I love how they claim their servers are 10Gbit, but sell at 1Gbit (normal), then limit to 100Mbit, then provide less than 1Mbit.

I think we have a winner for the stupidity award of the year.

Security Consultant

Thanked by 1netomx
  • Also KVM has much better performance for VPN than OpenVZ from my experience. Suggest spend few bucks more for KVM instead OVZ.

Yes, I can boogie

• cridet said: I'm using openvpn

this may be your problem. it may just mean your connection to lunar vps sucks.

• @belinik said: this may be your problem. it may just mean your connection to lunar vps sucks. No I did a speed test through my other server got way better speeds, also I did a commandline test through pip still got 700kbps it's them.

• @^^ We never scammed you , so please change the title of the post . The speed on the vps depends on the no of users using the vps on the node at that moment. The node is connected to 1gbps port and that speed is divided among all the users on the node. If you are not happy with speed we can shift you to another location or we can can do refund .

• them never scam :) but they bad perfomance only :) very slow and lagging them network, betters my signal phone then them vps hahahah LMAO

• elgselgs Member
    edited August 2015

I once had two servers with them. I basically had the same experience as you had. I don't think they have anything to do with scam. But their performance really is not that good.

• @lunarvps you've just admitted that you are making false claims in your advertising regarding 10gbps ports. Many people would call this scamming.

While only a moron would expect 10gbps per vps, differentiating yourself with (false) claims of using 10gbps ports will reasonably create expectations of better speeds than your competitors who are using 1gbps ports.

• tehdantehdan Member
    edited August 2015

@Lunarvps said: The node is connected to 1gbps port

• @Techdan Where did we claming we will provide you 10gbps port speed in vps??

Its mentioned as [1Gbps Port] in all plan

http://lunarvps.com/openvz-vps.html

Not even in offer post we made we advertise that we are providing 10gbps port speed??

• mosan7763mosan7763 Member
    edited August 2015

@Lunarvps said: Techdan Where did we claming we will provide you 10gbps port speed in vps??

Its mentioned as [1Gbps Port] in all plan

http://lunarvps.com/openvz-vps.html

Not even in offer post we made we advertise that we are providing 10gbps port speed??

right here. though the actual offers only show 1gbit but i suppose the node has 10gbit, or?

Thanked by 1tehdan
  • tehdantehdan Member
    edited August 2015

@lunarvps -

Stick an attractive spec up at the top to grab attention, then quietly change it further down the page? Its not a new (or good) trick.

A person might reasonably conclude from the very page you link too that I was getting a VPS on a physical server with a 10Gb Internet connection, and that the virtual port on my VPS would use up to 1Gb of this. This should give me a better connection than a VPS on a physical server with just a 1Gb Internet connection.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Administrator, Top Provider

cridet said: I did a commandline test through pip still got 700kbps it's them.

show us that then.

• if im not wrong there is a download speed and upload speed for such test. the graph did not show properly if its testing the download speed or upload speed. Im a newbie, pls pardon me if im wrong. cheers

• s11kenneth said: the graph did not show properly if its testing the download speed or upload speed

test was running at the moment he took the screenshot. You can see the little glowing round thingy is going halfway up

• @Moshan it means DC where nodes are located have capacity of 10gbps port. In all our plans its only mentioned 1gbps port.

Also we will post the correct speed test tomorrow on the same.

• perennateperennate Member, Provider

Lunarvps said: @Moshan it means DC where nodes are located have capacity of 10gbps port. In all our plans its only mentioned 1gbps port.

port speed 10gbit means the servers should have 10gbit port...?

Or are you saying the servers have 10gbit ports, but the VPS are restricted to 1gbps?

• @Lunarvps why do you advertise port speed at all? If it is as you say then the number is practically useless information to the consumer.

• miaumiau Member

Jeffrey said: vice. You only spent $5, it's not like you spent $100. Think about how fast you spend $5 in one day else where.

Even my $5/yr HVH gives me flat 100mbps.

• @Lunarvps said: Moshan it means DC where nodes are located have capacity of 10gbps port.

LOL. Let's market our servers with 100gbps port and only give them 1mbps, tell them the DC has 100gbps connectivity and lots of users are sharing the total bandwidth (the reason why it's only 1mbps). Almost forgot, 1gbps = 100mbps, so 100mbps = 10mbps -> 10mbps = 1mbps.

• TheOnlyDK said: Almost forgot, 1gbps = 100mbps, so 100mbps = 10mbps -> 10mbps = 1mbps.

This is why I love LET! There's so much to learn that I wouldn't learn elsewhere.

Thanked by 2TheOnlyDK netomx