Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Prometeus Offers
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Prometeus Offers

LeeLee Veteran
edited August 2015 in General

Was just looking in my spam folder and saw some offers from Prometeus, couple of interesting ones there. some of you may like.

List of the current Prometeus promotions:

iwStack: 10% OFF on any new account or credit purchase with code IWS0815
BIZ XEN13: 8GB RAM, 360GB SAS HDD, 50% OFF with code BIZ13XEN50
DALLASZ5: 512MB RAM, 15GB SSD, OpenVZ, Dallas. 50% OFF with code DZ50815
XenPower XPu4G: 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD, Xen, Dallas. 50% OFF with code DZ50815

Thanked by 2Maounique Geekoine

Comments

• Nice find..

• sinsin Member

Yeah that hit my spam folder too, some nice deals :)

• Are there discounts for their xenpower range

• LeeLee Veteran

@Ruriko said:
    Are there discounts for their xenpower range

XenPower XPu4G: 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD, Xen, Dallas. 50% OFF with code DZ50815

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Yeah, we have some space in Dallas, Uncle does not like servers which are not full.
    Also, some people moved from Biz Xen to XenPower, so we have some space there too, even with the issues on pm68 of XenPower, people still like the much lower price there :)

• LeeLee Veteran

There isn't a bad offer, price or service whatever you choose to be honest.

• @Maounique I wish the coupon would work for Italy

Italy is full, unfortunately, giving out coupons when you have almost nothing to sell, looks like a publicity stunt to me. This is why we didnt have many promos, but that will change, we are adding more gear.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

TBH I'm not sure you need coupons to sell Italy. It's not like there's much in the way of competition, unlike the US.

• AeneAene Member

Italy would be fun :)
    Is it just me who need some more coffee or why is DALLASZ5 4 EUR on the front page and then 4.90 EUR when I click on the order link? It's not VAT since that gets added in the next step... Good offer though.

edited August 2015

Nekki said: TBH I'm not sure you need coupons to sell Italy.

As I said, they are already sold :P Some very expensive plans are an exception.

Aene said: Is it just me who need some more coffee or why is DALLASZ5 4 EUR on the front page and then 4.90 EUR when I click on the order link?

We usually put the quarterly price there when available, not the shortest nor the longest billing cycle.

• @Aene
    You can safely pre-pay for a longer period at Prometeus! I am with them since years. They are great people to work with!

edited August 2015

@Amitz said:
    Aene
    You can safely pre-pay for a longer period at Prometeus! I am with them since years. They are great people to work with!

And we are around since 1997 :P
    Let's see if we reach 2097.

This reminds me of a joke:
    -Hey, johnny, what's up with that crow in the living room?
    -It is an experiment I designed after our natural science class.
    -How's that?
    -The teacher said they live 300 years, I would like to check that.

Thanked by 2Amitz cassa
  • Maounique said: we are adding more gear.

Any ETA for this in Italy, by the way?

In theory, next month, but it depends, Murphy is watching.

Thanked by 1Amitz
  • @Maounique said:
    In theory, next month, but it depends, Murphy is watching.

Yay we will have 18.33 years celebration!

• I like how lee is somehow exempt here from the $7/mth rule for VPS.

The Xenpower 4g and biz xen 13 are way over $7/mth.

Prometeus wouldnt be allowed to post these themselves.. Plus why is this not in the offers section?

• wychwych Member
    edited August 2015

@JoeMerit said:
    I like how lee is somehow exempt here from the $7/mth rule for VPS.

>

The Xenpower 4g and biz xen 13 are way over $7/mth.

Prometeus wouldnt be allowed to post these themselves.. Plus why is this not in the offers section?

Because its a share not an offer?
    Just like if I mailed one of my clients and offer and they reposted it around the web.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • ok so I'm gonna start sharing offers from new hosts that break the rules but because they are 'shares' I'll be okay.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

JoeMerit said: ok so I'm gonna start sharing offers from new hosts that break the rules but because they are 'shares' I'll be okay.

You do that, big man.

• wychwych Member

@JoeMerit said:
    ok so I'm gonna start sharing offers from new hosts that break the rules but because they are 'shares' I'll be okay.

Go do it; I am sure you'll be loved.

• LeeLee Veteran

JoeMerit said: I like lee

You're not the only one.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@Lee said:
    You're not the only one.

Clearly not, based on your 73% approval rating.

Thanked by 1Lee
  • LeeLee Veteran
    edited August 2015

@Nekki said:

It may be 73% of people liking my posts in disbelief at what I just said..

• Other than Cloudstack getting itself a bit stuck sometimes when deleting stuff Iwstack is pretty nice.

Annoyingly I just topped up my credits recently so I don't need any more at the moment, suppose I could just take advantage of the offer and load up the account.

• @Maounique XPu4G is raid10?

• @jcaleb said:
    Maounique XPu4G is raid10?

yes,but it's out of stocks

@jcaleb said:
    Maounique XPu4G is raid10?

All are raid 10 except the L series (L, XL, XXL) which are mainly for storage and have raid 6.
    Old SAS offers are also RAID6.

JoeMerit said: ok so I'm gonna start sharing offers from new hosts that break the rules but because they are 'shares' I'll be okay.

You can also share like many other people GVH offers, even if they are banned.
    As you probably noticed we are not even posting offers here, at all, that was a newsletter intended for our customers as always, they come first. If one of them choose to share, we won't sue, it is not classified information, but in general we would like good offers to remain as many as possible for our old and loyal customers. In a way, most people here are already customers, so, it is a bit like in the family, what Lee did more or less was to remind some people to check their spam folders, we dropped the ball here, used SES instead of Mandrill to test some things and unexpectedly, most of it went into spam. Hopefully next month we will make up with better offers which will also reach everyone or almost everyone.

• Maounique said: unexpectedly, most of it went into spam.

FWIW it didn't get sent to spam for me on Gmail.

• How much after applying the coupon codes?