Best GeoRouting Solutions for Business

Best GeoRouting Solutions for Business

gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Provider

Hi guys!

I'm looking to implement a GeoRouting feature to one of my website. Any suggestion?

So far, I found Route53 and Rage4 that offer this feature. Any other recommendations? I also look for feedback from users using them.

Thanks for your help!

Regards, David

Gestion DBI | IT Consulting, Structured Cabling, WiFi Networks, Security Camera, VoIP, Optical Fiber and VPS/Shared Hosting provider.
DeepNet Solutions | Cheap, Fast and Courteous Hosting| Starting at $13CAD by year!

Comments

• kcajkcaj Member

DNS Geo solutions are inconsistent. Users will be routed based on the location of the DNS resolver they use, not where they're actually connecting from.

• gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Provider

@kcaj said: DNS Geo solutions are inconsistent. Users will be routed based on the location of the DNS resolver they use, not where they're actually connecting from.

Unfortunately, I know this can happen. However, still better for an Asian user to be route in EU for example than Canada.

Otherwise, any other suggestion?

Gestion DBI | IT Consulting, Structured Cabling, WiFi Networks, Security Camera, VoIP, Optical Fiber and VPS/Shared Hosting provider.
    DeepNet Solutions | Cheap, Fast and Courteous Hosting| Starting at $13CAD by year!

• kcajkcaj Member

davidgestiondbi said: any other suggestion?

Other than an anycast setup or CloudFlare-style CDN? Nope ;)

• vfusevfuse Member, Provider
    edited August 2015

I've used both nsone.com and dnsmadeeasy (traffic director). Nsone was a bit more accurate and had the option to target by country (DME could only target us west, us east, europe, asia and australia).

I also liked nsone's pricing scheme over DME (pro rated per year), they did offer a free trial of the traffic director after asking.

edit: there's also this guy on WHT that did geo dns for $15/million queries, he had a very simple text only site with black background, that's as specific as i can be ;)

NIXStats monitoring service (servers, http(s), ICMP, tcp ports) - monitoring 13,000+ servers - Uptime Report - API Docs

Thanked by 1gestiondbi
  • gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Provider

@vfuse

Nsone.com seem cool. Any feedback on reliability, uptime, ddos?

• vfusevfuse Member, Provider

@davidgestiondbi said: vfuse

Nsone.com seem cool. Any feedback on reliability, uptime, ddos?

Reliability was great, never had any issues with them except for a small issue with credit usage. The amount of queries was a lot higher than expected, this was due to a lot of calls to AAAA records which were missing and had a much lower TTL than my domain (12 hours vs 5 min).

Their support is great as well.

NIXStats monitoring service (servers, http(s), ICMP, tcp ports) - monitoring 13,000+ servers - Uptime Report - API Docs

Thanked by 1gestiondbi