Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WHM/cPanel
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

WHM/cPanel

ringazringaz Member

Hie My is Kelvin I have a problem that is giving me a head ache I am creating Cpanel accounts in WebHost Manager but i cannot access them my typing url/cpanel. I am new to web hosting can anyone help

Comments

• wychwych Member
    edited August 2015

Have you set your DNS records/pointed your domain to the nameservers?

• how can i set DNS records I have not.

• wychwych Member
    edited August 2015

You might be better off getting a managed solution till you get a grasp on how to setup and maintain hosting. You'll have to configure apache, postfix and various other services and secure them too.

If your going alone https://uk.godaddy.com/help/setting-up-nameserver-dns-using-cpanelwebhost-manager-8467 should get you started.

• Better start with a reseller hosting where you can contact support if you need assistance.

• LowEndBabySitting?

• I'd suggest a Managed Solution or something along those lines. Managed VPS with cPanel/WHM included aren't that expensive around here, but if you want one on one support to help train you, that'll cost a lot more. But everything you need to know, pretty much, is on the internet. Just gotta Google it.

• WHTWHT Member

Ask your hosting provider to create nameservers for you. Thats not a big deal.

• HostMyBytesHostMyBytes Member
    edited August 2015

I'm not sure if you're asking about this, but I find often people do want this tweak, so I'm putting it here - If you cannot access them from this URL structure and want to be able to:

http://IP.ADD.RE.SS/~username

You need to go into WHM and choose Tweak Settings and enable the Apache mod_userdir tweak to be able to see them from there.

--

Setting DNS records should really be minimal if you're running a proper WHM set up - it should do most of this for you automatically.

Make sure you point your domain at the registrar end to your nameservers (make sure those are set up too). Then, to check your DNS, use a tool like IntoDNS.

--

I also recommend that you go through and make sure you understand what you're dealing with within cPanel/WHM, or else you might end up breaking something. My recommendation is to either read up on things and learn, or to be prepared to pay someone else to fix it.

Best of luck on your WHM endeavors.

• thanx guys really appreciate. i was able to solve my problem using your answers