Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tried to install new SSL cert
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Tried to install new SSL cert

So i tried and well Apache won't start. I used webmin to change the virtual host for my ip:443
to the certificate.crt and private.key

like the ********!

Comments

• Not sure how webmin would do this, but do you receive any errors when you try to start apache? For example, do you receive any error when you run "service httpd restart" (in case of RedHat-based systems) or "service apache2 restart" (in case of Debian-based systems)? If so, what's the error?

• never mind
    when i was saving the certs it was doign the /m CF style to the end of each line

I quickly used MS word to save in .txt and wiht LF only and it fixed it

OS/x text editor also left a bunch of formating info in it that I just used MS word and LF only to fix....

my dumbass

• scyscy Member

So everything works fine now? No need for help anymore?

• Yea. This was my stupidity . I've done it so many times before. I forgot to check....

• Far too less information. What about posting your apache config?

• Lol I fixed it.

It was the ssl files I used.

Unix wants lf only not cf created files.

I had to use lf only when saving to fix it.

• @cmsjr123 Are you aware of the meaning of the word "if"? Because it doesn't seem to be.

• @nexusrain said:
    cmsjr123 Are you aware of the meaning of the word "if"? Because it doesn't seem to be.

sorry instead of l i shall use L.. Now if I meant to use i it would show i

only I and l look the same..

lol :D