Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How often do you check your ip's against blacklists?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How often do you check your ip's against blacklists?

I recently forked and adjusted a bash script that I run nightly, this got me thinking, how often do other providers (or anyone who monitors the IPs they use) check their ranges against blacklists? I've even thought about running it a couple times a day.

Comments

• Only ever done it once and that was when other people with the same provider were complaining about blacklisted IP's and that was merely because I was curious. Otherwise it doesn't bother me, nothing I use my machines for depend on not being on a blacklist.

• @VPSSoldiers: have you thought about re-branding your company? I'm still trying to figure out what soldiers / guys with guns has to do with hosting. Think of the amount of people who aren't signing up because it just looks ridiculous.

Thanked by 1Jonchun
  • JoeMerit said: @VPSSoldiers: have you thought about re-branding your company? I'm still trying to figure out what soldiers / guys with guns has to do with hosting. Think of the amount of people who aren't signing up because it just looks ridiculous.

Hello, 
    My name is Connor (if you haven't figured it out by now). I've always been interested in servers / computers. I decided I finally wanted to start something that would make me happy and thats where VPS Soldiers was born.

Before anyone decides to as why, I was in the military from 2006-2012. I do this because it makes me happy and I enjoy providing a service to others. I plan to continue to grow for years and years to come. Thank you for using VPS Soldiers or even considering it.

Thanked by 1VPSSoldiers
  • Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

Ours are checked every hour

• Hi,

we are checking at least once a day. Higher Frequency applies for recently created VPS.

Against which DNSBLs are you checking?
    What do you think about this set?

• all.s5h.net
    • b.barracudacentral.org
    • bl.spamcop.net
    • spam.dnsbl.sorbs.net
    • zen.spamhaus.org"
  • HBAndreiHBAndrei Member, Top Host, Host Rep

At least once per day should be standard if you're selling hosting services.

• VPS/Dedicated that does no mail? Next to never.

Mailserver? punch IP all few days in mxtoolbox to be sure, but as i am the only user only a hack could BL it.