Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

link to IRC external server on IRC prohibited reseller hosting
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

link to IRC external server on IRC prohibited reseller hosting

ok, for example you have shared hosting with a company that doesn't allow IRC, etc. Would my account get suspended/terminated if I were to put a link to a external server (Another vps/dedi that allows irc)?

Comments

• no?

• @William said:
    no?

well, reason I'm asking one of the providers I was chatting to via email said it was violating their TOS which i find rather weird.

• Shitty provider then.

• @geekhost said:
    well, reason I'm asking one of the providers I was chatting to via email said it was violating their TOS which i find rather weird.

Your host told you that you violate TOS because you put a link to another hosting provider on your website?

• @DalComp said:
    Your host told you that you violate TOS because you put a link to another hosting provider on your website?

No e.g. I design my website for IRC etc. but the link to the "IRC Client/Server" is external.

• Well, said that IRC is often a target for DDoS. If your website actively promotes the IRC server, perhaps if you are the owner or related party, your host is just afraid your website will equally attract DDoS. Anyways, if the host said it is violation of TOS, then just don't use them for the website.

• what host?