Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Does anyone knows site of KVM/Xen and private IP and NAT system?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Does anyone knows site of KVM/Xen and private IP and NAT system?

softlightsoftlight Member
edited November 2012 in Help

Hello everyone.
Internet Service Provider in Japan offer 1 IPv4 per USD 10.
So I want to create VPS on KVM/Xen and private IP, and I want to attach global IPv4 and this VPS.
Does anyone knows that technical documents of KVM/Xen and private IPv4 VPS and NAT?

Comments

• nOT GOing To Happen unless you have your own router/switch.

• Thank you, I have own router.

• im talking about the > 1U router not the mommy basement type of router

• I don't know about this, but I hear DD-WRT can do a lot of things.

• @softlight said: Internet Service Provider in Japan offer 1 IPv4 per USD 10.

Are we talking home ISP, like you pay a company to provide you internet access at home, or a hosting company like you pay a company to provide your server you rent/colocate at their facility.

Sounds like he's basically experimenting with virtualization like most of you do at home

• jaakkajaakka Member
    edited November 2012

i think he wants to establish a gre tunnel between his ISP@home and VPS to pass on his ipv4 ip address.

openwrt/bsd/linux based router with gre would be doable.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Dmz?

• i am trying to accomplish something similar with openwrt on one end and a vyatta KVM box the other end.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

You can establish an IPv6 tunnel through some means, then use RFC 1918 IPs (192.168.x.x, 10.x.x.x, etc) and do some nat at the VPS level. This way will be like the router has IPv4 and doing NAT in the local network.
    Even tho 10 $ is very cheap for a japanese, I am glad these topics pop up, Asia and Europe should lead the way to IPv6 transition.

• Thanks all.
    Perhaps, jaakka say that I'm thinking.
    I will search openwrt, KVM box, and IPv6 tunnel.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited November 2012

I think you all are overcomplicating this way too much.
    The OP's terrible English doesn't help either.
    What I believe they want is:

Home PC --- Home router with non-public IP (NATing ISP) --- Internet -- VPS with public IP

And so that when people access the VPS'es public IP, they end up connecting to the OP's home PC.

The solution is just any simple VPN, except you also add port forwarding from the VPS to the IP of your "home" VPN endpoint.

• Who is this ISP? OCN?

If yes, I have bad news for you. You're limited to 30G/upstream per day, regardless the package.

If it's dion (KDDNet), IP costs are even more draconian.

• softlightsoftlight Member
    edited November 2012

I say

Home PC---------------Home Router----ISP----INTERNET

VPS A is in Home PC
    (192.168.100.1-4 )

192.168.100.3<->global IP A (NAT in Home Router)

I have not decided the provider. OCN, USEN, or INTERLINK?
    Thank you for your advice.

• Hi Softlight,

OCN has the best bandwidth (Pure NTT+JPIX, makes for a nice combo in Japan) but the daily uplaod cap of 30GB eliminates it from your options.

The only way to remove it is to subscribe to dedicated, and that is anything but cheap. You might as well go for NTT direct if you have the money for that.

No experience with USEN or Interlink, perhaps asking on 2ch might be an idea.

てか、日本語はいい?俺のインタネットサービスプロバイダーは今「OCN」だけど。。。