Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why is the next SolusVM update skipping the beta testing?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Why is the next SolusVM update skipping the beta testing?

KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep
edited November 2012 in General

Very curious about the reasoning for this.

http://docs.solusvm.com/release_versions_stable#section11302

Comments

• Interesting ChangeLog :)

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Your Version: 1.13.01
    Current Stable Version: 1.13.01
    Current Beta Version: N/A
    Update Options:

I guess because they have not released it yet, or if they do release it maybe it is just some css changes?

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

I hope so. I'm more worried there's a known exploit that they found out about today.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited November 2012

Don't you hosts (SolusVM clients) have direct support ticket contact with solusvm or something like that or what motivated this thread instead simpy asking them? :)

• Tagging @soluslabs seems easier than opening tickets :)

yeah that would be fun.....

• @KuJoe said: I hope so. I'm more worried there's a known exploit that they found out about today.

Pretty sure there are no exploits - just a good old SolusVM update :)

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited November 2012

@rds100 said: Tagging @soluslabs seems easier than opening tickets :)

And starting public conspiracy theories than simply asking? :)

@Spirit I avoid opening support tickets with them whenever possible unless I need a laugh to cheer me up.

@Spirit you have a fair point, maybe he did open a ticket and got the standard:

'Our concerned management staff will get back to you' response for the millionth time and poor KuJoe SNAPPED!!!!!!!

@MartinD said: just a good old SolusVM update

Yay for untested "stable" updates! :)

• MartinDMartinD Member
    edited November 2012

How do you know it hasn't been tested?

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited November 2012

In my eyes it's just one of those "maybe there is something, naaah... most likely not, but then again... simply asking them wouldn't be fun, so lets make big deal from it in public" :-)

• @MartinD said: How do you know it hasn't been tested?

>

No public test.

• They didn't have beta versions before. Maybe it gave them too much trouble and they decided to drop betas.

@MartinD said: How do you know it hasn't been tested?

No beta = no test. I'm sure they tested in internally on their thousands of VPS nodes... oh wait. :X

@Spirit said: so lets make big deal from it in public

I was just bringing it to people's attention. :)

@rds100 said: They didn't have beta versions before. Maybe it gave them too much trouble and they decided to drop betas.

LoL, that would be priceless.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited November 2012

@KuJoe I know ;-) But you as host should know the best how small little things born out of boredom or simply looking for approval of community can harm someone other reputation even when there's nothing to justify that :) Anyway, I hope that you're not angry on me because I took opposite stance in this case :)

• @KuJoe said: No beta = no test. I'm sure they tested in internally on their thousands of VPS nodes... oh wait. :X

Ah but you see, just because no-one on here has seen a beta, doesn't mean it hasn't been tested in the real world. A lot of betas aren't made 'public' by lots of software vendors for differing reasons.

• There's no blog update either, so I wonder if there's a 13.0.2 update coming out soon. If there is, it'll be minor updates whilst so much features should be implemented (multiple volume groups is one of them).

• @KuJoe said: I'm more worried there's a known exploit that they found out about today.

Err wrong.

@rds100 said: They didn't have beta versions before. Maybe it gave them too much trouble and they decided to drop betas.

It's mainly a bugfix release to 1.13

Beta versions will still continue. The next beta is rather big so it's taking a little longer.

• @soluslabs Don´t forget the cpu- and iotune for kvm :)

• @fileMEDIA said: @soluslabs Don´t forget the cpu- and iotune for kvm :)

Not in 1.13

They still need testing first.

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@soluslabs said: The next beta is rather big

Oh boy

• I believe the next beta/update contains the new backup method. Atleast, it should have been in 1.13 but they postponed it to the next update (which would be 1.14).

• @soluslabs That is really too bad, but ok..backup service first :) I hope in 1.14. I waiting for it.

• Mon5t3rMon5t3r Member
    edited November 2012

9) KVM VPSs now report the same CPU model as that of the host it is running on. (only on RHEL, SL, CentOS 6).
    12) Added an option to specify the Disk Cache Mechanism for KVM VPSs. It has been added in the advanced options section in the CREATE VPS and EDIT VPS pages.
    13) Added an option to specify the I/O mode for KVM VPSs. It has been added in the advanced options section in the CREATE VPS and EDIT VPS pages.

in virtualizor latest version :P soo,, please hurry!! :D

• IshaqIshaq Member
    edited November 2012

An update ;o

• @fileMEDIA said: @soluslabs Don´t forget the cpu- and iotune for kvm :)

I'll make sure they will be in the beta within a few days so you can make use of them.

• @Mon5t3r said: 9) KVM VPSs now report the same CPU model as that of the host it is running on. (only on RHEL, SL, CentOS 6).

Not quite, but close

@Mon5t3r said: 13) Added an option to specify the I/O mode for KVM VPSs.

Yes based on cgroup weight. We have that in beta.