Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

openVZ.io/iniz.com thoughts?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

openVZ.io/iniz.com thoughts?

I already migrated from budgetvm to vpsneed.com (which was really really bad) and now im thinking of going to iniz because of their amazing 5GB of ram deal. Can i get some thoughts? Are they good with their new management? How's downtime? Customer service?
Also im willing to pay 10$ a month if someone wants to recommend other hosts but i want offers similar to iniz or a tad lower but i want someone reliable. Can i please get help? Thank you

Comments

• They are great! Be aware of ddos/cpu usage.

Thanked by 1n0Today
  • ATHKATHK Member

Iniz are fantastic! Almost a year now had a few blimps with the network but not many around 2..

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

Do you really need 5GB of RAM? I ask because there is only a very small amount of use cases which would need this much RAM with the CPU and IO restrictions this kind of providers do set.

• yes, be aware cpu usage.

fantastic uptime !!

• bersybersy Member
    edited August 2015

del

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Nyr said: this kind of providers

What do you mean by that?

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Yah, INIZ Netherlands is pretty stable, i like it.

• iniz are great, been with them for almost 3 years now just solid performance :)

• akzakz Member
    edited August 2015

iniz was great for the 2 years Ive had it. Just recently switched to Ramnode for less specs but less $ as well due to the euro conversion.

• Presently using openvz.io server ( iniz brand) it is working nicely, uptime is good.

Thanked by 1scarecrow41

@Maounique said:
    What do you mean by that?

This kind of big RAM offers in general. But now that I remember, I think you guys let people use one full core or something?

• I have 64 MB NL VPS from Iniz (Vivid now) and it's super fast, stable and good. Recommended.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited August 2015

Nyr said: This kind of big RAM offers in general. But now that I remember, I think you guys let people use one full core or something?

Full load without locking the core. OVerZold lets you go to 4 load with 4 cores, but not over or locking cores with cryptocurrency mining and the like. Like, setting it to stay at load 4, will actually lock 4 threads, nobody else will have a chance to use some of that.

It is based on fair share, like all our offers. You need to lock cores 24/7, you can get a dedi, many people say are more cost effective anyway, a KS-1 is cheaper than our offer, albeit has lower CPU and RAM, it has more disk and "unlimited" traffic.

Thanked by 1vimalware

@Maounique wow, that's really generous.

And I think we all can agree Prometeus can't be compared to OVH at all, thankfully :)

• Had a couple of vps with iniz some years ago. I remember that management (and ownership iirc) changed. Had occasional problems plus, more importantly, found the new management to not give a shit about customers but to go a kind of "eat it and shut up" route. Technically it wasn't exactly great but certainly OK (particularly considering the price).

• Talk about a hellbump. Someone must have been banned, because bsdguy isn't this thick.

• WSS said:

Talk about a hellbump. Someone must have been banned, because bsdguy isn't this thick.

Yeah, there was a shitpost above bsdguy's post, that must have gotten deleted. I saw it earlier. You didn't miss much.

• I thought @Nyr had come back for a moment...

Thanked by 1MikeIn
  • FWIW: I didn't care who else had posted here and my post was not related to or in response to anyones post.

I simply saw the thread title and dumped my experience into the thread.

As for Maos post (which I read only now): Oh well, it's not exactly helpful or surprising to compare a cheap low end provider to Prometeus (a still reasonably priced very nice provider) but I guess it can be forgiven that someone from Prometeus likes his company.

At the time I first got an Iniz vps it was quite OK for such a cheap thingy and connectivity was quite good. I wouldn't look at them anymore, though, after what I experienced.