Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LoomHosts not Dead
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LoomHosts not Dead

drboyddrboyd Member
edited November 2011 in General

Hey there everyone, I'm a newbie to LET and figured this was a good place to go to talk to others about various hosts.

I've had a Loom VPS for several months now, has been decent for the money, but it looks like they are down. I guess the question is, does anyone know if they are down for good? If so I need to snag another VPS in Dallas.

Thanks!

Comments

• drboyddrboyd Member
    edited November 2011

So I guess these guys have gone the way of eNetSouth. To bad I had a VPS with both of these guys and they both are dead now lol.

• Hello, who's "Loom"? If you are referring to LoomHosts, I've been up all night performing maintenance on the node that has been causing issues since one of its hard drive failed on Thursday. You should expect it to be back up in a bit.

• drboyddrboyd Member
    edited November 2011

Hey that's great, but because the actual LoomHosts client web site was completely down, I thought you guys had gone away. I figured your web site was not on the same machine as the VPS, guess I figured wrong.

Glad to hear its only temporary.

• Yeah, do check out the Facebook or Twitter accounts for updates: http://facebook.com/LoomHosts ; http://twitter.com/LoomHosts .

• drboyddrboyd Member
    edited November 2011

You guys really shouldn't host your client web site on the same hardware as the VPS's, as if the VPS goes down so does all your client support, and it looks like your whole operation is terminated.

Other than this one interruption though, you guys have been very good. The LoomHosts VPS has been solid.

And yeah, I hate facebook and twitter, those huge time sucking holes of the Internet, so I stay away from them as much as possible lol.

• Well, we have had several issues with the 2 servers today. At first, the hard disk failed, and it turns out either the RAM or motherboard was in trouble as well, causing this huge delay in the attempts to fix the server as a full chassis swap was done to minimize the downtime. We're now copying the data back onto the RAID controller.

• edited November 2011

@Boltersdriveer You may want to edit the page of promotions, as the FALLSALE coupon has expired. Or alternatively you could reactivate the coupon -- so I could order one ;)
    With the coupon, the price would be inline with my budget.

• @hostingwizard_net Apparently I set the coupon code wrongly (expired on the 30th use) . You may register now - the coupon is reactivated.

• Ordered. If you could provide a debian-32bit template, that would be great.

Based on my experience, 64-bit OS on VPS use a lot more memory with little gain in performance.

• The Debian 5 template has been added.