Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Central London VPS Providers
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Central London VPS Providers

LeeLee Veteran
edited November 2012 in Providers

Anyone recomend some Central London VPS providers. Kind of stuck at the moment trying to find something interesting and reliable. Need something like 1gb Ram, 30gb+ Space. Xen or OVZ. Already got some vps's in Manchester, Surrey, Maidenhead but want another location in London.

Cheers

Comments

• Is London really that big that it for some reason matters in which part of London is your VPS? It's usually about 1 - 2 ms of RTT per 100km of fiber distance...

• LeeLee Veteran

It does, when I want more vps's that are not in the same DC as I already have other in. Pretty simple, no?

• Yes, different DCs make sense.

• LeeLee Veteran

Anyone heard of Londonvps.com? Only just come across that name but they seem to have been going a while.

• thank you, @gbshouse :)
    oz.

• @W1V_Lee said: Anyone heard of Londonvps.com? Only just come across that name but they seem to have been going a while.

They also own http://immediatevps.com if you've heard of them (There OpenVZ sister site)
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1176018

• @Liam thank you! :)

Admittedly, in London we only offer KVM or OpenVZ, though. Manchester has both KVM and XEN (PV/HVM).

cheers -
    oz.

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited November 2012

@Liam said: Edis offer a nice chunk of bandwidth, but I'd say Castlegem's network is more premium. You can't go wrong with either, in my eyes.

It's pretty much the same network, we rely more on NTT while they mainly use KPN + we have Virginmedia direct (good for UK users) else (i.e. Int) both are good (Castlegem/Jump better to NL/DE and we better to Asia/US with Goscomb presence in NY & NJ)

• To add to that: At LDEX (about 0.5-1.5ms away from Telehouse), we use Level3, Cogent, and NTT.

Both PoPs have more feeds to come, though.

I don't think you, @W1V_Lee, could go wrong with either of us :-)

cheers -
    oz.

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

+1 to Castlegem too, their LDEX location is pretty awesome, especially from here in Greater London.

• Thank you, @Liam! :)
    oz.

• LeeLee Veteran

Thanks for all the feedback. Castlegem chosen for UK, but I could use EDIS in another location so will take one from them too :)

• sounds great @W1V_Lee! :)
    thank you -
    oz.