Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subscribe to our newsletter

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com

Latest LowEndBox Offers

how many traffic per month can 4GB RAM and 10 TB BANDWITH of Dedicated server gives me?
    New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

how many traffic per month can 4GB RAM and 10 TB BANDWITH of Dedicated server gives me?

Hi
    please who can tell me how many traffic per month can 4GB RAM and 10 TB BANDWITH of Dedicated server gives me?

Thanks

Comments

• NomadNomad Member
      edited August 2015

Exactly 10TB.
      Roughly 10000 GB. Or 10240 GB...

/arsemode

Well, depends on your content, site, coding.
      Can be millions or thousands.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Provider

@exponent22 said:
      10 TB BANDWITH

Clouvider Leading UK Cloud Hosting solution provider || UK Dedicated Servers Sale || Tasty KVM Slices || Latest LET Offer

Web hosting in Cloud | SSD & SAS True Cloud VPS on OnApp | Private Cloud | Dedicated Servers | Colocation | Managed Services

• You've answered your question

• Is this a serious question?

• 10TB. Will be easily reached if it's static files or big files, might bottleneck on CPU, RAM or HDD speed if you plan to host a dynamic website, depending on the site, coding etc as @Nomad already said...

• @camjac251 said:
      Is this a serious question?

Is this question legit?

Thanked by 2netomx louis_lau
    • rm_rm_ Member

camjac251 said: Is this a serious question?

Never underestimate how dumb some people can be.

• Maybe this person asks about visitors (traffic = visitors, not bandwidth), eg. 100 uv / day, means 3,000 uv per month. I am not sure.

• @JRTech said:
      Maybe this person asks about visitors (traffic = visitors, not bandwidth), eg. 100 uv / day, means 3,000 uv per month. I am not sure.

Duh

I'm here to collect your heart

• @JRTech said:
      Maybe this person asks about visitors (traffic = visitors, not bandwidth), eg. 100 uv / day, means 3,000 uv per month. I am not sure.

yes thats exactly what i mean.

thanks

• exponent22 said: yes thats exactly what i mean.

If so it depends on your site, what the coding is like, if pages are cached or php with heavy mysql query on a huge database for each page... It's impossible to tell without knowing more about the server (CPU? HDD type? etc) and your website (CMS? custom code? heavy DB query? 50GB database? etc).

edited August 2015

That's impossible to tell without heaving all server metrics regarding this website and external metrics of uniq visitors in the same timeframe.

Without the above its just more or less educated guessing.

Clouvider Leading UK Cloud Hosting solution provider || UK Dedicated Servers Sale || Tasty KVM Slices || Latest LET Offer

Web hosting in Cloud | SSD & SAS True Cloud VPS on OnApp | Private Cloud | Dedicated Servers | Colocation | Managed Services

• it is a wordpress viral site

• @exponent22 said:
      it is a wordpress viral site

That is still little to no information, could support 10 visit, or could support 10,000.

• As people said above, it mostly depends on what your website does, if its dynamic or static content, what webserver you're using, how the website is coded and what it exactly does... it's impossible to guess.
      Hire someone with skills to do it, or grab an small server and then upgrade if it isn't enough.

• Maybe @Traffic can help

Thanked by 1Traffic

CEO of PT. Rokok Kopi Internet Tidur Tbk.

• @exponent22 said:
      it is a wordpress viral site

How many KB's is an avarage page size?
      Do you use a CDN?
      Do you offload your images to a third party site?
      Do you have opcache, memcache.
      Do you host your own videos?
      How good is your template?
      Et cetera...

Thanked by 1ATHK

And the above will still not give you even close to accurate figures.

• No one can answer but you, why not use cloud? Scalable

CEO of PT. Rokok Kopi Internet Tidur Tbk.

• @rokok said:
      Maybe Traffic can help

Thanks for the mention! Of course I can.

10 TB = 10240 GB BW

And now let's do the obvious math

4096/10240=0.4

(10240/0.4)*2015=51584000

And if you pay yearly, you can serve

51584000/12= ~4298666.6666 visitors every month

Thanked by 2lukesUbuntu hostnoob

vrtz.net Cheap VPS Servers Offers - now with EXCLUSIVE offers! (all links are aff links)
      $12/year HostUS Deal (768MB RAM+768MB vSwap)$11.29/year GestionDBI Deal (768MB RAM)

Ha! ;)

Thanked by 1Traffic

• @Traffic said:
      51584000/12= ~4298666.6666 visitors every month

Whoa 666.6666 easy up there satan.
      /sarcasm

We need at least a little bit of information @OP, have you got ANY stats for the webpage that'll be hosted on that machine?

Thanked by 2Traffic netomx
    • NyrNyr Member

rokok said: why not use cloud? Scalable

And way more expensive.

• agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Provider

Roughly 20 traffic.

Thanked by 1TheCTS
    • BG32BG32 Member

Treefiddy

Thanked by 2sc754 ATHK

Thanked by (44)

@Nyr said:
      And way more expensive.

That depends actually :)

• About tree fiddy traffics.

Thanked by 2sc754 TheCTS
    • FlamesRunnerFlamesRunner Member
      edited August 2015

Calculate the file size with all the files being loaded on one page and use metrics to determine this.

Multiply the file size of the web directory and multiply by the amount of visitors you anticipate. The end result is in the same unit as the total space used in your web directory. (probably MB)

Now, I'd write a better method, but I'm lazy.

wget https://s.flamz.pw/dl/bench.sh && bash bench.sh

curl https://s.flamz.pw/analytics/bench/stats.php

Have I mentioned how much I hate auto correct recently?

• ben78ben78 Member
      edited August 2015

42x4x1024x10x1024

• This is roughly 200GB traffic, the main site has a size of ~700kb:

tsdns.io - free, redundant, DDoS-protected TSDNS

• I think it's either 1 or 0. Depending on whether if @Traffic visits your site or not.

Thanked by 3Traffic ATHK mint

• Typically you'll want to take the 10 and multiple it by your ram, then find the square root of a banana and times it by pie.

Thanked by 3BlazeMuis TheCTS ATHK
    • @sc754 said:
      Typically you'll want to take the 10 and multiple it by your ram, then find the square root of a banana and times it by pie.

47?

• If you are talking about load, how many at once it can handle, bandwidth isn't the factor, cpu power is. Bandwidth only measures how long you can handle them not, not if.

• netomxnetomx Member, Moderator

I'd say 42

• @Nomad said:
      I think it's either 1 or 0. Depending on whether if Traffic visits your site or not.

Only correct answer, I'm afraid :)

No traffic like Traffic's.

vrtz.net Cheap VPS Servers Offers - now with EXCLUSIVE offers! (all links are aff links)
      $12/year HostUS Deal (768MB RAM+768MB vSwap)$11.29/year GestionDBI Deal (768MB RAM)

• Having a site myself that has 2.5 million page requests per day and is generating ~6TB a month. YMMV.

Thanked by 1netomx
    • 1,000 visits a day, or 30,000 per month, 25 pages served each visit x 1,000 = 25,000 per day, 750,000 per month with page size 50000 bytes or 50 kb would cost 35 gigs bandwidth per month. The bigger the web page, graphics, database, coding, more bandwidth will be used to serve the page(s).

10tb should be more than enough with a 1 gbps uplink