Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ebay Scam?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Ebay Scam?

NexHostNexHost Member
edited August 2015 in General

I bought a part and it was delivered by USPS on the 7th of august. How ever it was never delivered. I have called USPS twice now and the second time they was unable to help what so ever after being on hold for 30 minutes. the package was supposed to be delivered on the 14th of August but it was delivered on the 7th of august.

The Ebay seller is stating that it was delivered and the package has not come back yet either. So my guess is that the ebay seller has scammed me?

Also the package was delivered 1 hour after leaving the location in Los Angeles. that is a bit dodgy. and the Ebay Seller is stating it was delivered and that I'm lying.

DELIVERED IN/AT MAILBOX
 Aug-07-15, 11:13 AM, LOS ANGELES, CA 90012

PACKAGE RESEARCH CASE CREATED  
 Aug-13-15, 00:32 AM, LOS ANGELES, CA 90012

SORTING/PROCESSING COMPLETE
Aug-07-15, 10:02 AM, LOS ANGELES, CA 90012

Comments

• Either lost in USPS or they delivered to the wrong state or address. I've seen this happen way too many times.

FedEx and UPS have done the same things as well.

• @lazyt said:
    Either lost in USPS or they delivered to the wrong state or address. I've seen this happen way too many times.

FedEx and UPS have done the same things as well.

They created a case after calling them on the 14th but still no response. they stated 72 hours. So I should get a response by Thursday. but I'm doubting that. so I have emailed USPS after looking up the CEOs Email. as when I phoned up they could not pull up my case as I never gave them a Phone Number just a email. the adviser told me that they cannot launch a case without a phone number. yet the other adviser opened up a case with a email.

• Sounds like the normal cluster with them. When things work its OK. If anything goes wrong let the chaos begin.

Thanked by 2NexHost 404error
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited August 2015

Sounds like USPS alright. Probably delivered to someone else who didn't correct them or bother getting it to you. Enjoy the run around until you give up and accept the loss.

Thanked by 2doghouch netomx
  • USPS deliver mail very very bad and ignore adding info into databases. Folks who sell starts loose many cases with it

• Did you check in and around your property to see if it was left in a bush or something near your door? It is not unheard of for them to hide things when no-one is home.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @ChrisMiller said:
    Did you check in and around your property to see if it was left in a bush or something near your door? It is not unheard of for them to hide things when no-one is home.

Certainly not no security will get any packages that are not delivered to the 24 hour loading bay...

• @fitvpn said:
    USPS deliver mail very very bad and ignore adding info into databases. Folks who sell starts loose many cases with it

Not when you have a good amount of money to spend on class one priority shipping :)
    It's actually pretty good - it almost instantly appears in the Canada Post system apon arrival inside of Canada, so USPS is decent for me :)

• Did you try and call the delivery company?

• @anthony123 said:
    Did you try and call the delivery company?

Yes they raised a case no response. phoned up again and they said that I'll have to submit another research case?

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited August 2015

heh, will show up again most likely.

I had once a China Post (Dealextreme) package delivered to Damascus, Syria (pre civil war, like 2011) because they misread the Austrian state of sTyria on it.... was delivered 6 weeks later opened with a bunch of arabic stamps on it but complete.

• doghouch said: Not when you have a good amount of money to spend on class one priority shipping :)

That not local, if shipped from outside US, only registered mail available or express cost a lot. Mail delivered in 2 months but buyer start open case after 1 month asking where my mail, Ebay do refund to buyer favor than mail delivered. That nice scenario.:)

• UPS left my $200 headset in front of my door and someone else took it (UPS compensated $100 shipping credit because seller didn't put a price/didn't buy protection). This kind of shit happens every day to everyone, best of luck getting your item!

• I've seen very odd things shipping in the US

• Item was delivered 12 hours after a response from the Post Master General. So it took a high level email to resolve it. otherwise might of been waiting.

• On eBay, you should always ask for shipping protection on anything half decent -- ignore the price of it, it's worth every penny you spend on it.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • 6ixth6ixth Member
    edited March 2018

@Babic5 said:
    Well, that sounds like really a very frustrating experience but I am glad that you shared it here, so that others on the board can be more cautious while using such services. Warehousing service Dildo is also a good one to go for as their services are very satisfactory.

Good job bumping a post from 2015, would you happen to own that company by any chance?

This discussion has been closed.