Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subscribe to our newsletter

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com

Latest LowEndBox Offers

Leaseweb asked for an initial deposit of EUR 1000
    New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

Leaseweb asked for an initial deposit of EUR 1000

I have already sent my ID verification, is it legit? Do you have experience with Leaseweb?

Comments

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Top Provider

Ask for a sales manager to call you and explain, that is the only way you will get anywhere with leaseweb.

Thanked by 1Archie

Had enough of the scams on lowendbox, lowendtalk is now being infiltrated by corruption so I have chosen to make an low end exit #lexit for now - you can find me HERE

• I first received a phone call from leaseweb department and they asked me for ID verification then I sent it, after that they asked for cc verification and deposit

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Top Provider

All you can do is ask why and complain, although leaseweb being leaseweb it probably will not get you far.

Thanked by 2KwiceroLTD netomx

Had enough of the scams on lowendbox, lowendtalk is now being infiltrated by corruption so I have chosen to make an low end exit #lexit for now - you can find me HERE

• They are legit, what are you going to order? Bare Metal Servers with long term contact?

or just virtual server?

CEO of PT. Rokok Kopi Internet Tidur Tbk.

• @rokok said:
      They are legit, what are you going to order? Bare Metal Servers with long term contact?

Just virtual server

• hostnoobhostnoob Member
      edited August 2015

€1000 deposit for a VPS??

Wow, I assumed you were talking about colo or something.

Favourite host in general: Ramnode (affiliate link)
      Favourite host for hourly billing/custom ISOs: Vultr ($50 free credit for new accounts, affiliate link)

• cfgguycfgguy Member, Provider

Yes, they do ask this deposit from high risk countries and China is one of them

KGR

• LeaseWeb is sometimes a bit bureaucratic and slow to respond, but they are also very professional and reasonable. I will recommend that you give them a call and try to figure out why they want the deposit.

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
    • @hostnoob said:
      €1000 deposit for a VPS??

Wow, I assumed you were talking about colo or something.

With €1000, think of the amount IPv4s that you could hoard..... it's time to rule the world :)

• I would rather buy vps at GVH than to deposite 1k euros AFTER verifying my ID at leaseweb.

Thanked by 2geekalot netomx
    • Oh come on, it's only 17 years worth of their smallest VPS. It's not like they asked you to pay 100 years in advance...

I'm here to collect your heart

• @DalComp said:
      Oh come on, it's only 17 years worth of their smallest VPS. It's not like they asked you to pay 100 years in advance...

Well, if you use the 40% off code and pay tri-annually, you can get 40 years of service for €1000. And maybe even more if you choose US DC and convert €1000 into USD.

Thanked by 1lostinwoods
    • NyrNyr Member

cfgguy said: Yes, they do ask this deposit from high risk countries and China is one of them

This. They don't want the risk to have you as a 3€/month customer.

Thanked by 1marrco
    • ZappieZappie Member, Provider

@doghouch said:
      With €1000, think of the amount IPv4s that you could hoard..... it's time to rule the world :)

Not even that many
      You can buy a ~/24 with that on RIPE

Affordable VPS in Auckland, New Zealand and Johannesburg, South Africa . We take hosting seriously.

• @Zappie said:

Not really, prices are at most a third of that.

Extremist conservative user, I wish to preserve human and civil rights, free speech, freedom of the press and worship, rule of law, democracy, peace and prosperity, social mobility, etc. Now you can draw your guns.

• WilliamWilliam Member, Provider

Maounique said: Not really, prices are at most a third of that.

eh? Where do you buy a /24 at 300EUR one time? I usually sell /24s at 14EUR+ per IP and have zero issues getting buyers....

Thanked by 1Maounique
    • Right, wrong math, sorry, I have a headache. Anyway, for a buyer, in the case of a uniform commodity, the price is the lowest he can find someone to sell at. That is above 10 Eur now, true, but there are people selling for less than 14.

Extremist conservative user, I wish to preserve human and civil rights, free speech, freedom of the press and worship, rule of law, democracy, peace and prosperity, social mobility, etc. Now you can draw your guns.

• I ordered their service and was asked for deposit of EUR 1000 as well. However, only customers from a part of country need to do this. My homeland is one of these. I tend to treat this as they purposely make difficulties for customers from special countries. Thus, i will never consider their service! Not because i can not afford for deposit of EUR 1000. What i need is respect and fair treatment. I know lots of chinese buy vps around the world and the most thing they do is to install shadowsocks which has similar functions with VPN.
      I guess you know why they have to do with these. Besides, i do not think the percentage of abuser in china is higher than others countries. Thus, i really don't understand why leaseweb has such rule. whatever they are going to do, there is no connection with me. In my view, leaseweb is always a small company i can ignore.

In addition, if what i said offend you, i am apologized to you and i do not want to argue with anyone.

• so.. when would you get back the deposit?

(((o(゚▽゚)o))) If privacy is outlawed, only outlaws will have privacy. (((o(゚▽゚)o)))

ヽ(`Д´)ノ Everyone should run Tor on their idle servers.

• Yep I'm from China, is this can be defined as discrimination?

• It's sad as it is (or used to be) a really nice company and they have a pretty good network...

• @Archie said:
      Yep I'm from China, is this can be defined as discrimination?

More like unhealthy precaution.

• gabriellgabriell Member
      edited August 2015

@Archie said:
      Yep I'm from China, is this can be defined as discrimination?

Is it necessary, i will never use their service in any case.

• jhjh Member

It's nothing to do with the cost of the server - it's to do with the cost of dealing with abuse.

If you don't like it, take your business elsewhere. As a UK customer, I'm happy that they scrutinise Chinese business to protect their network. Our site is completely blocked from China and about 15 other countries because it's just not worth the bandwidth.

Thanked by 3boernd marrco Lee

Greetings of the day!!!!

• @jhadley said:
      It's nothing to do with the cost of the server - it's to do with the cost of dealing with abuse.

If you don't like it, take your business elsewhere. As a UK customer, I'm happy that they scrutinise Chinese business to protect their network. Our site is completely blocked from China and about 15 other countries because it's just not worth the bandwidth.

You have no evidence to say there are more chinese people tend to abuse their service. In other word, we live in the dfferent society. We do not know each other well. It is possible that we have misunderstand to others. However, as a famous, leaseweb can not make this rule with any extra interpretation.

• WilliamWilliam Member, Provider

gabriell said: You have no evidence to say there are more chinese people tend to abuse their service

uh, by pure numbers - Yes, there are more. Simply because there are more people in China than in any other country.

gabriell said: However, as a famous, leaseweb can not make this rule with any extra interpretation.

Sure? Leaseweb has no obligation to deal with Chinese people and can outright decline any Chinese order without any reason - The ONLY people they can't decline without a good reason are EU citizens (which are entitled to the same treatment as NL citizens).

OVH is a prime example, they for a very long time did not accept any signups outside the EU and only via the specific local country websites - They also declined some EU countries but this was later redacted by a french court.

• XIAOSpider97XIAOSpider97 Member, Provider

We ARE Chinese, but we are paying for abusers who ARE from China too...

lol, if some company declines to offer services to Chinese, I will not use them, and will spread this on Chinese forums to make more Chinese away from these ****.

Thanked by 1rokok

Pump Cloud has been sold on Sep 1 2018.

• XIAOSpider97 said: lol, if some company declines to offer services to Chinese, I will not use them, and will spread this on Chinese forums to make more Chinese away from these ****.

And? They aren't accepting orders from China anyway? It's actually less work for them if you spread the word and less Chinese people try to sign up.

-

@gabriell said:
      You have no evidence to say there are more chinese people tend to abuse their service.

Maybe our country's "abuser rate" is not high, but you need to remember our huge population, which means a LARGE amount of abusers though the rate may be low.

• @William said:

It might be more appropriate to use word "percentage" instead of mounts of people.
      For "leaseweb can not make this rule with any extra interpretation." It is my mistake. Actually i mean i can not understand that. I buy their service before and they do not displayed any more information about initial deposit for special customers like me. It is possible to find this rule in their TOS. However, i think it is more suitable for they to display it on a conspicuous place as people pay for their service.

As a pure chinese, can you try to understand what i am thinking when i was asked for extra deposit. If you can not, you'd better to ignore all my words because i do not want to argue with anyone.

@rds100 said:

We recoginze this as a very unfriendly action. Just want more people to know how these **** treats Chinese.

A Chinese idiom: never put your warm face on a cold ass.

• jhjh Member
      edited August 2015

XIAOSpider97 said: We ARE Chinese, but we are paying for abusers who ARE from China too...

Yes I know it's annoying but this sort of stereotyping is everywhere in society. Your VPS is the least of your concerns. If you want some numbers, here you go.. Before we blocked access from China, we had 0% business from China despite a fair bit of traffic and since blocking China and other countries, and ColoCrossing, contact form and other spam has fallen by about 90%.

gabriell said: we live in the dfferent society. We do not know each other well. It is possible that we have misunderstand to others

I agree with this. There are a lot of Chinese students at my university and, generally the locals dislike that fact. They're often perceived to be inconsiderate but to me it's just a different culture and nobody's fault.

gabriell said: However, as a famous, leaseweb can not make this rule with any extra interpretation.

I am not a lawyer but I always thought that a business can refuse to supply anyone they want. Furthermore, there is a lot of red tape around supplying certain countries anyway, i.e. the Government recognises it's not worth always the hassle.

Greetings of the day!!!!

• @jhadley said:
      I am not a lawyer but I always thought that a business can refuse to supply anyone they want. Furthermore, there is a lot of red tape around supplying certain countries anyway, i.e. the Government recognises it's not worth always the hassle.

It is truth for what you said. I guess my quick inputs make you misunderstand my meaning. Leaseweb has right to choose its customers. It will be better if they suggest customers from special countries not to pay for their service or announce that these customers need to pay for extra deposit.

Thanked by 1Mridul
    • jhjh Member

gabriell said: It will be better if they suggest customers from special countries not to pay for their service or announce that these customers need to pay for extra deposit.

Yes, it would be better if they're upfront about it. You don't deserve to have your time wasted unnecessarily.

Thanked by 2rds100 Mridul

Greetings of the day!!!!

• @jhadley said:
      Yes, it would be better if they're upfront about it. You don't deserve to have your time wasted unnecessarily.

Anyway, thanks for your objective comments.

• GM2015GM2015 Member
      edited August 2015

They're a business and if you want to do business with them , you do business on their terms. If that means to avoid most abusers they had experiences so far collecting up-front money, that you either accept it or don't do business with them on their terms.

One positive aspect of being a corporation/self-employed that you get to choose your clients, and they can not force you to choose them in most cases.

Go give Vultr(referral) a try. | GNU/Linux http://debian.org

• gsrdgrdghdgsrdgrdghd Member
      edited August 2015

XIAOSpider97 said: We recoginze this as a very unfriendly action. Just want more people to know how these **** treats Chinese.

It's simple: If 10% of your revenue but 50% of your abuse (numbers used as examples) comes from a single country, it might make sense to ban that country.

• gsrdgrdghd said: it might make sense to ban that country.

Yes because stereotyping is a thing.

Security Consultant

• IshaqIshaq Member, Provider

XIAOSpider97 said: A Chinese idiom: never put your warm face on a cold ass.

Why do you want to put your face on an ass in the first place?

[BudgetNode] DDoS Protected. 7 Locations (US/EU). Check out our latest offer!
    • @Ishaq said:

I thought that's how you greeted people... I've been doing it WRONG.

Security Consultant

@Ishaq said:

This is just an idiom, "cold ass" stands for cold hearts.
      the opposite is "warm face"

• gsrdgrdghdgsrdgrdghd Member
      edited August 2015

eastonch said: Yes because stereotyping is a thing.

That is not stereotyping, it's called math. If I make 100€ profit from chinese customers but lose 200€ due to abuse by chinese customers, I will ban all chinese customers and make 100€ profit (or lose 100€ less)

Thanked by 2classy 4n0nx
    • Go buy another VM

Different.

• MaouniqueMaounique Member
      edited August 2015
      1. Discrimination exists, it is a fact of life, get used to it. As a romanian citizen I am discriminated against even in EU. Who'se fault is people think roma ar romanian? Does not matter, it is a fact and will remain like that, pushing for justice and fair treatment will simply increase far right vote and all EU will return to war misery and economic ruin.
      2. Turn this into an advantage. Open a business with a big sign in chinese: We speak chinese, welcome! Romania welcomes immigrants from China, Syria, Iran, etc. While their culture is different, we are a versatile people and stereotyping helps us deal with it, many study in Romanian universities and remain to work here. Still Romania has one of the lowest crime rates in EU. It is not the non-drinking arabs which create problems in UK< it is the right wing hooligans which get delirium tremens without 1 mg/l alcohol in their blood and it was always like that. who caters for emigrants has a job, the others only prop up unpopular regimes and take care of dictator's money.
      3. There will always be discrimination because we are all part of some minority. Who does not understand this and tries to push legislation instead of education, is in for a bad surprise. Discrimination and xenophobia are part of our natural instincts which worked to protect the tribe against invaders and disease. Pushing legislation against those instincts is going against the inner self of many people, most uneducated and they will feel threatened and cornered "in their own country". They have no place in today's world, but they exist and are a fact of life. Coping with it is a necessary skill for survival. If you can't get a plot of land in the middle of nowhere and live an autarchic patriarchal life. Or kill yourself.
      4. Not all discrimination is organic/instinctive, some are deliberatly making a choice as detailed above, if for 10% of the income have 50% of the abuse, you would rather cut the part of your business operating at a loss, the chinese have their own internet there, their own amazon, facebook, twitter, etc. The ones that do reach out are doing it either with criminal intent or because do not believe official propaganda. Neither are good for business, but there are exceptions. China has big chances to win the WWIII and we will all become chinese.
      Thanked by 3jh GM2015 TheKiller

• FlamesRunnerFlamesRunner Member
      edited August 2015

Where'd you get the idea that China = WWIII? They literally buy out the USA's debt and with a destroyed China, where will I get my high quality low priced garbage?

@Maounique is really keeping up with Propaganda Weekly :)

wget https://s.flamz.pw/dl/bench.sh && bash bench.sh

curl https://s.flamz.pw/analytics/bench/stats.php

• MaouniqueMaounique Member
      edited August 2015

To start a crusade-like war, you need a few things:

1. You are convinced you have the ultimate truth or your model is the best (democracy sux among other things);
      2. You have the "conspiracy theory" against you. Everyone is out to get you, dont let you live in peace. This works better in russia and it is possible russia will stat the war, I only say who will win it.
      3. You have the economic power to at least make yoru army big and well supplied to such a level everyone will notice it and start an arms race which will prove to you they really are preparing to attack you.
      4. You are mad enough to go for preemptive strikes in hope of a blitzkrieg or the arms race and tensions are so high it will start by mistake.
      5. China is not ready yet, needs 10-15 more years at least of prosperity and stability, it is not sure will manage that 100%, but if Russia starts it, they are fully capable of defeating russia and take at least the asiatic part inhabited by asiatic people.

You will see :)

• And damn, good thing I'm in Canada where discrimination is rare (except for the First Nations, the gov. is a piece of sh!t to them unfortunately).

Thanked by 1IgniteServers

wget https://s.flamz.pw/dl/bench.sh && bash bench.sh

curl https://s.flamz.pw/analytics/bench/stats.php

• @Zappie said:

Well, still a good number of IPs to add to my collection :)

(yes, I'm hoarding IPv4 addresses)

• @Maounique said:
      To start a crusade-like war, you need a few things:

1. You are convinced you have the ultimate truth or your model is the best (democracy sux among other things);
      2. You have the "conspiracy theory" against you. Everyone is out to get you, dont let you live in peace. This works better in russia and it is possible russia will stat the war, I only say who will win it.
      3. You have the economic power to at least make yoru army big and well supplied to such a level everyone will notice it and start an arms race which will prove to you they really are preparing to attack you.
      4. You are mad enough to go for preemptive strikes in hope of a blitzkrieg or the arms race and tensions are so high it will start by mistake.
      5. China is not ready yet, needs 10-15 more years at least of prosperity and stability, it is not sure will manage that 100%, but if Russia starts it, they are fully capable of defeating russia and take at least the asiatic part inhabited by asiatic people.

You will see :)

Hopefully they don't hit Canada. Living there makes it seem like I should be grateful that there are... no large volcanoes, tsunamis, tornadoes, hurricanes, earthquakes above 1 magnitude, and most importantly, no war. In case China does attack us (somehow), we have the US military by are side - assuming that they don't do something stupid e.g. use a nuclear bomb on us to "remove" China militants.

• fitvpnfitvpn Member
      edited August 2015

Ask each one for deposit 1000 and be rich :)

Asking for send ID and huge deposit > scam

Yes, I can boogie