Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Screwed by ChicagoVPS and BlueVM
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Screwed by ChicagoVPS and BlueVM

I renewed my BlueVM VPS in May and until recently hadn't used it, but noticed that BlueVM were bought by ChicagoVPS in the meantime. Stupidly, I thought that meant the service would get better.

First the control panel link didn't work, so after a long wait to get a response to my ticket, I now had the seemingly secret URL, and could manage my server.

That's when the second surprise came about: My VPS now had 1/10th the resources I paid for. So that's how ChicagoVPS made economic sense from the purchase!

I've had no response to my complaint, and I'm not optimistic I will. It looks like ChicagoVPS's strategy is to pay one guy in India to run interference on BlueVM customers for long as possible while ChicagoVPS stays on the gravy train.

Well, I guess that's one way to make money.

Comments

• They probably made a mistake on the resource part, but given its chicagovps, it's probably intended. Oh well, wait a couple of days for their support and if that doesn't work, charge back. Good luck.

• Maybe @CVPS_Chris can shed some light.

• ATHKATHK Member

@HostMyBytes said:
    Maybe CVPS_Chris can shed some light.

He hasnt posted in months.. Or atleast from what ive seen on the last BlueVM thread...

• happy be. donate money good cause. india starve. india guy support village.

• k0nslk0nsl Member
    edited August 2015

Your comments are not funny, even if you may think they are. You come across as some [idiot] kid who just found out about the Internet.

OP:

Cancel your service.

PS:

@neills: the "thanks" is probably by accident :)

@neills said:
    happy be. donate money good cause. india starve. india guy support village.

Thanked by 2ATHK XiNiX
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

hehe... just wait until you realize that bluevm was resold again to HVH :)

Thanked by 1OnraHost
  • @AnthonySmith said:
    hehe... just wait until you realize that bluevm was resold again to HVH :)

No spoilers!

Thanked by 1angrysnarl
  • @DalComp said:
    No spoilers!

2 l8!

Thanked by 14n0nx
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@TheOnlyDK said:
    2 l8!

i8 was not deadpooled?

• @Maounique said:
    i8 was not deadpooled?

?? 2 l8 = too late, not 2 i8

Thanked by 2Maounique 4n0nx
  • I was a client of BlueVM & ChicagoVPS at the time BlueVM was acquired by ChicagoVPS. It was simple to get service(s) transferred, I originally made a support ticket on BlueVM then they told me to make one with the information about the paid services I had to transfer and got it. It was really easy and I got it done within a night.

• bru9 said: It was really easy and I got it done within a night.

Sounds familiar..

Oh yeah, those ads.

• Have you seen the ad on LET with that "I'm not a cougar just a cow but boy do I have a VPS 4 you"? I thought it was funny, until I clicked on it and was taken to CVPS...

Thanked by 1Jeffrey
  • GM2015GM2015 Member
    edited September 2015

https://noscript.net/

Somebody with admin access said it had one of the higher ctr-s on site among the ads, but it was a while ago I think. Guess many people love strange looking men offering them virtual servers.

FlamesRunner said: Have you seen the ad on LET with that "I'm not a cougar just a cow but boy do I have a VPS 4 you"? I thought it was funny, until I clicked on it and was taken to CVPS...

Thanked by 1Jeffrey
  • singsingsingsing Member
    edited September 2015

GM2015 said: Somebody with admin access said it had one of the higher ctr-s on site among the ads, but it was a while ago I think. Guess many people love strange looking men offering them virtual servers.

I clicked it, just thought it was funny so I wanted to know who was behind it. What I learned is that even an absolutely-the-bottom-tier VPS provider can have a sense of humor.

Thanked by 1Jeffrey
  • GM2015GM2015 Member
    edited September 2015

Interesting. If I decide one day to advertise on here, I'll put up the meatspin advert to get abnormal.ly high click-through rates then!

"Oh Boy, Let Me Spin A VPS For You!"

Thanked by 2Jeffrey netomx
  • GM2015 said: Interesting. If I decide one day to advertise on here, I'll put up [...]

Humor is the key.

Thanked by 2GM2015 netomx
  • Not to mention http://uptime.bluevm.com/ , these 3 locations have been down the past week.

• FlamesRunner said: I thought it was funny, until I clicked on it and was taken to CVPS

then you thought it was the scariest thing you ever did in your hole life?

Thanked by 1netomx
  • Not at all ;)

• @DalComp said:

Unfriended was better than dealing with their support

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited September 2015

Maounique said: i8 was not deadpooled?

If you mean i83, no, they are still there and very stable. I recently renewed my NAT ip small (128) box with them that is still working like a charm

• One folks told here, don't touch, but other folks still confused.. :)