Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hostress gives up GVH Clients - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hostress gives up GVH Clients

Comments

• @gsrdgrdghd said:
    I also think that these details (from the whois record of kmghosting.com) should be on the public record:

Tech Name: Keith Giacomo
    > Tech Organization: KMG Hosting
    > Tech Street: 155 Father Morissette Blvd
    > Tech City: Lowell
    > Tech State/Province: MA
    > Tech Postal Code: 01854
    > Tech Country: US
    > Tech Phone: +1.9788774322

Did that guy replace Lance as the underwriter for Jonny's debt? Is it just an alternate persona of Jonny? Or is it another 14 years old senior network engineerer?

Probably he's friend lol who works with him scamming people. He's the main domain Whois:

Registry Registrant ID:

Registrant Name: Jonathan Nguyen

Registrant Organization: MKS Web Enterprises

Registrant Street: 6 Copps Hill Rd

Registrant City: Windham

Registrant State/Province: New Hampshire

Registrant Postal Code: 03087

Registrant Country: US

Registrant Phone: +1.6034997726

Registrant Phone Ext:

Registrant Fax:

Registrant Fax Ext:

Registrant Email: Email Masking [email protected]

Thanked by 1KwiceroLTD
  • LeeLee Veteran
    edited August 2015

Someone going to have to drop a couple of links on HD about Nuggets previous actions or do I need to do it? Don't really want people falling for that shit.

Thanked by 1Licensecart
  • Oh crap, let's ban mkwebenterprises from LEB starting today!
    Wonder what contract they offer to their applicants.... A daily renewable one?

@Licensecart said:

• wont help.. people drop plenty of info here about shitty hosts and it doesn't stop people

@Lee said:
    Someone going to have to drop a couple of links on HD about Nuggets previous actions or do I need to do it? Don't really want people falling for that shit.

• LeeLee Veteran

JoeMerit said: wont help

If it stops even 1 person going near him it's a success in my view.

• KwiceroLTDKwiceroLTD Member
    edited August 2015

@licensecart Was joking on IRC about "MKS Web Enterprises" - two minutes later a guy popped in and said "load the website" and it was dead. Well played.

I'll just leave this here:
    Scanning mkswebenterprises.com (107.172.10.98) [1000 ports]

Discovered open port 25/tcp on 107.172.10.98

Discovered open port 587/tcp on 107.172.10.98

Discovered open port 80/tcp on 107.172.10.98

Discovered open port 443/tcp on 107.172.10.98

Discovered open port 143/tcp on 107.172.10.98

Discovered open port 993/tcp on 107.172.10.98

Discovered open port 110/tcp on 107.172.10.98

Thanked by 1Licensecart
  • Founded by aspiring entrepreneur and hosting enthusiast Jonathan Nguyen, MKS Web Enterprises is the parent company of multiple web hosting brands with locations around the globe. We host hundreds of customers and actively have locations across North America, Europe, and Asia. Our customers range from the average blogger to enterprise businesses. Our hosting brands, coordinated by MKS Web Enterprises' team of global and regional coordinators, and managed in part by our team of brand managers, are driving forces in the hosting industry that push for its affordability, performance, and innovation.

LOL

• So who's buying GVH4 this time?
    Anyone in need of LTV $1 customers?

Thanked by 1KwiceroLTD
  • Dillybob said: Founded by aspiring entrepreneur and hosting enthusiast Jonathan Nguyen, MKS Web Enterprises is the parent company of multiple web hosting brands with locations around the globe. We host hundreds of customers and actively have locations across North America, Europe, and Asia. Our customers range from the average blogger to enterprise businesses. Our hosting brands, coordinated by MKS Web Enterprises' team of global and regional coordinators, and managed in part by our team of brand managers, are driving forces in the hosting industry that push for its affordability, performance, and innovation.

@Dillybob @LicenseCart
    Dang autocorrect, here I'll fix it to the proper version:

Founded by aspiring scammer and skid enthusiast Jonathan Nguyen, MKS Web Enterprises is the parent company of multiple scam hosting brands with locations around the globle wherever colocrossing has a datacenter. We host hundreds of customers skid sites, scammers and actively have locations across North America, Europe, and Asia in colocrossing, only. Our customers range from the average blogger skid to enterprise businesses l33t h4ckf0rumz. Our hosting scamming brands, coordinated by MKS Web Enterprises' team of global and regional coordinators monkeys with a stolen paypal account, and managed in part by our team of brand managers rapists, are driving forces in the hosting industry eating too much candy and can't understand when to quit that push for its affordability, performance, and innovation skidovation.

• FlamesRunnerFlamesRunner Member
    edited August 2015

Took a look at his blog. Seems like a nice place, might just bookmark it to see if he posts more drama-worthy content.

https://woohuiren.me/blog/jonny-nguyen-and-mks-web-enterprises/

That really was some good content.
    Quote from his website:

"If one of our brand managers steps out of line, we will lock them out of “their” brand. Afterwards, we will transfer all of their brand assets to KMG Hosting and then their brand dies. We get to keep the profits and they have nothing, totally powerless. Good news is that, as of now, all our “brand managers” does exactly what we want them to do and they never question our orders. Money is a powerful manipulation tool indeed. In short, our company, MKS Web Enterprises is just another North Korea. I run the scene and own them. They are pretty stupid to believe that I’m that nice of a guy.
    – Jonny"

Best of all, Hostress hasn't removed this: https://portal.gvhclientarea.com/announcements.php?id=11

Thanked by 2KwiceroLTD GM2015
  • I thought there was some agreement between Johnny, his parents and Xfuse that he would not enter the hosting market. That being the case, its time to invoke that clause.

Thanked by 1KwiceroLTD
  • @MarkTurner said:
    I thought there was some agreement between Johnny, his parents and Xfuse that he would not enter the hosting market. That being the case, its time to invoke that clause.

I hear in Austria denial of service is legal, anyone want to go to Austria for a week and mute Johnny's shit?

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

He skyped me the other day and wanted to hire me. I told him somewhat politely that I didn't want to have anything to do with his bullshit.

Thanked by 1Licensecart
  • KwiceroLTD said: I hear in Austria denial of service is legal, anyone want to go to Austria for a week and mute Johnny's shit?

eh, partly, there is no specific criminal act but we DO have laws against "manipulating computer systems" - It just was never fought out in court (yet).

Thanked by 1KwiceroLTD
  • MarkTurner said: I thought there was some agreement between Johnny, his parents and Xfuse that he would not enter the hosting market. That being the case, its time to invoke that clause.

It appears that, since no money was paid, no transaction had taken place:

Licensecart said: The only issue on that blog post is Duke didn't pay a penny he said that in a video and I believe him. Who would pay for anything with Jon? :)

• DillybobDillybob Member
    edited August 2015

You would think if this fucking nutball really wanted to start fresh he'd use a different fucking name for his forum postings and/or legally change his name (which you can for around $50 I believe in the US). But nope, he is just either a) a puppet by cvps for a PR campaign / paid under the table. b) loves the attention that we at LET/VPSBoard give him, or c) might not be all there in the head.

Thanked by 1KwiceroLTD
  • shovenose said: He skyped me the other day and wanted to hire me. I told him somewhat politely that I didn't want to have anything to do with his bullshit.

You should of said sure then got root access to his boxes, reformatted them, put up a sexy photo of him and be like "SCAMMER ALERT" lol.

• FlamesRunner said: "If one of our brand managers steps out of line, we will lock them out of “their” brand. Afterwards, we will transfer all of their brand assets to KMG Hosting and then their brand dies. We get to keep the profits and they have nothing, totally powerless. Good news is that, as of now, all our “brand managers” does exactly what we want them to do and they never question our orders. Money is a powerful manipulation tool indeed. In short, our company, MKS Web Enterprises is just another North Korea. I run the scene and own them. They are pretty stupid to believe that I’m that nice of a guy.

– Jonny"

What's the original source of this quote? Not saying it was taken out of context, but it'd be interesting to see where it took place.

• I think the quote is meant as a joke

• William said: eh, partly, there is no specific criminal act but we DO have laws against "manipulating computer systems" - It just was never fought out in court (yet).

So, objectively, it's technically not illegal - however if interpreted by LE wrongly, it could fall under manipulating computer systems?

• gsrdgrdghd said: I think the quote is meant as a joke

It's posted on here seriously. Woo went to the point of giving sources for a lot of his stuff (props to him for doing that), so I was wondering if this was stated somewhere else.

• Lee said: Someone going to have to drop a couple of links on HD about Nuggets previous actions or do I need to do it? Don't really want people falling for that shit.

He is using the same account from his GVH days. The fact is that HD admins should just ban him.

• HostMyBytes said: It's posted on here seriously. Woo went to the point of giving sources for a lot of his stuff (props to him for doing that), so I was wondering if this was stated somewhere else.

That quote was modified to prevent the revealing of certain identities. The source for that quote is not stated any where in the post itself. For those who wants to know, you can PM me but I will only give a rather vague description of where I got this info as I've promised not to leak out their identities.

• Wonder how much he's paying for L1?

Thanked by 1KwiceroLTD
  • @lazyt said:
    Wonder how much he's paying for L1?

One of his super mega duper awesome VPSs for free.

• Hahahaha sounds about right.

• emgemg Veteran

@Licensecart said: mkswebenterprises.com

I did a little digging, and here is what I found:

• The mkswebenterprises.com domain was registered on 9 August 2015. The website is now empty. You can see it in its former state here:

https://web.archive.org/web/20150819234050/http://mkswebenterprises.com/

• If you go to https://mkswebenterprises.com, it presents a combined certificate for aeternitas.io and www.aeternitas.io. The certificate was activated on 1 June 2015 and is good through 1 June 2016.

• Aeternitas.io does not have much information in its whois records. The domain was registered on 1 June 2015 for a one year term with NameCheap. There is a login page, and it appears to be a work in progress. They seem to be using "Grow as One" as a catchphrase.

• Aeternitas has a web presence in FaceBook at https://www.facebook.com/aeternitas.Grow.as.One The FaceBook pages displays many photos, including a Guy Fawkes mask "V is for Vendetta" prominently displayed at the top. There is an "infinite knot" logo, along with the text "Aeternitas, Non-Profit Organization." I am skeptical about their claimed non-profit status.

I note that someone has been editing the various websites as I type this. For example, mkswebenterprises.com now redirects to www.aeternitas.io. It did not do that 30 minutes ago.

I do not claim to understand it all. Perhaps someone can dig further or explain what I do not understand.

Thanked by 1Licensecart
  • @emg said:
    I do not claim to understand it all. Perhaps someone can dig further or explain what I do not understand.

Looks like someone screwed up an SSL install? Both point to the same IP. 107.172.10.98 which is a Colocrossing IP address used by HVH. So, I'm pointing to a site manager who can't install a SSL properly without a dedicated IP. Jonny has said before that you don't need a dedicated IP before, so likely he screwed it up. And yes, I know about SNI and such. Lol. Oh yea, these sites are hosted on a cPanel box. So, I'm certain that it's a botched SSL install.

Thanked by 1Licensecart
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
This discussion has been closed.