Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subscribe to our newsletter

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com

Latest LowEndBox Offers

Colocation Need
    New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

Colocation Need

Could Any one suggest me the equipment i need please.

With a quarter cabinet, you'd need to supply the following:

PDU

Switch

Power cables & network cables for your equipment

Comments

• Umm, that's about it apart from labelling the server. (I can't remember of any other things I had to mail in when I colo'd)

• because that's my first time to colo..and i don't know which band is good

• @ttbbs168: It depends on whether you are going to rack this yourself or have the colo provider do it for you. But:

1. Screws + retained nuts - check gauge of rack

2. PDU should be provided on 1/4 rack, if not then make sure you get confirmation of the power feed connector type. Best to get a switched PDU so you can remote reboot without having to pay for remote hands to do it.

3. Switch

4. Power / Ethernet / KVM

5. Rails for the servers (also check that the depth of the rack is sufficient for the server)

6. Is it 2 post or 4 post rack? You may need to get specific rails for the equipment

• key900key900 Member, Provider
      edited August 2015

all that good as @MarkTurner mentioned. If you can't use rails try Gruber. Ask the provider some people won't require rails.

*LetBox.Com Make it Simple, Dallas & Los Angeles - Pure NVMe + Block Storage Boxes!. Discord Community https://discord.gg/g6dqjmm
    • PhotonVPSPhotonVPS Member, Provider

Pretty sure the providers includes the PDU in a 1/4 setup.

Psychz Networks - Dedicated Servers, Co-location | PhotonVPS - SSD Cloud | YardVPS - Storage VPS | Layer 7 DDoS Mitigation

6 Continents - 14 Cities - LAX, DAL, CHI, ASH, LON, AMS, JNB, TPE, TKY, BOM, GRU, BCN, SIN, SYD

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Provider

@PhotonVPS said:
      Pretty sure the providers includes the PDU in a 1/4 setup.

You can't generalise. Depends on the contract / offer.

Clouvider Leading UK Cloud Hosting solution provider || UK Dedicated Servers Sale || Tasty KVM Slices || Latest LET Offer

Web hosting in Cloud | SSD & SAS True Cloud VPS on OnApp | Private Cloud | Dedicated Servers | Colocation | Managed Services

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator

Everyone is going to be different. For the most part we include PDUs in 1/4 cabinet deals. At the same time we shy away from them and prefer to start with 1/2 cabinets.

Jon Biloh - ColoCrossing.com
    • @MarkTurner said:
      ttbbs168: It depends on whether you are going to rack this yourself or have the colo provider do it for you. But:

1. Screws + retained nuts - check gauge of rack

2. PDU should be provided on 1/4 rack, if not then make sure you get confirmation of the power feed connector type. Best to get a switched PDU so you can remote reboot without having to pay for remote hands to do it.

3. Switch

4. Power / Ethernet / KVM

5. Rails for the servers (also check that the depth of the rack is sufficient for the server)

6. Is it 2 post or 4 post rack? You may need to get specific rails for the equipment

Again, it depends whether the provider lends you that equipment during the period of which you colocate with them :)

• I need to know the band that people use. thanks .

• @ttbbs168 said:
      I need to know the band that people use. thanks .

I believe you mean brand? If so, PDUMH20 is a decent PDU, Rackmountbale, and 1U (perfect for 1/4 racks)

• doghouchdoghouch Member
      edited August 2015

@dustinc I didn't have enough time to visit the QN Datacenter in LA... aw :/

I really wanted to see the operations, but to @ttbbs168: collocating with QN would be a good choice as they are just plain awesome. Good network, nice facilities, everything I could dream of.