Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS Windows Unlimited BW 7$/M
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS Windows Unlimited BW 7$/M

Hi,

I need a Windows VPS in US (Prefer LA) for running this software for our team
https://www.atlassian.com/software/confluence

I've ordered one in we love servers but it run out of BW very quick (5 days). I can not understand how can it eat BW so fast like this.

I don't care about specs of VPS, just make sure it can run that software well.

Budget ~$7/m

thank you

Comments

• haha, no, your budget is simply not realistic. A Windows SPLA licens eis like 3EUR alone, and a host filled with HyperV clients (based in DC 2012 R2) will be extremely oversold at 500EUR+ license cost per CPU.

Thanked by 1KwiceroLTD
  • belinikbelinik Member
    edited August 2015

well.. you need windows, then a high performance server to run java on, then unlimited b/w, then 7 dollars?

what else is lacking in the 'spec' then?

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

You don't need a VPS, you need this: https://www.cloudshards.com/confluencehosting.php unless you want to spend months and months going from host to host to host getting suspended for resource abuse etc because they are promising things they cant really deliver just to get your $7.

• @michaelphan said:
    Hi,

I need a Windows VPS in US (Prefer LA) for running this software for our team
    https://www.atlassian.com/software/confluence

I've ordered one in we love servers but it run out of BW very quick (5 days). I can not understand how can it eat BW so fast like this.

I don't care about specs of VPS, just make sure it can run that software well.

Budget ~$7/m

thank you

Funny thing is I can offer the unmetered bandwidth with no problem but I do not offer windows VPS's.

• WHTWHT Member

@JLPHOST said:

Hahahaga very funny

Thanked by 34n0nx cassa nexusrain
  • A Windows SPLA license is more like $17 per month

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

Confluence can be installed on a Linux VPS also. Guess you prefer Windows since thats what you are used to work with?

• @all: Then I can increase my budget to $20

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider

What is your bandwidth usage?

I mean you are not looking for 5 to 10TB? ;)

• SSDBlazeSSDBlaze Member, Host Rep

PMd

• exception0x876exception0x876 Member, Host Rep, LIR

@DewlanceVPS said:
    What is your bandwidth usage?

I mean you are not looking for 5 to 10TB? ;)

Pretty easy to calculate. Weloveservers $7/mo plan has 1TB bandwidth. If he ran out in 5 days, it means he needs at least 6TB/mo bandwidth.

Thanked by 14n0nx
  • Hello, we have unmetered plans.Please check on our website : http://constantvps.com

• @dediserve said:
    A Windows SPLA license is more like $17 per month

expensive than a cpanel license

• jason25jason25 Member
    edited August 2015

I Can:

INTEL XEON X5650

01 CORES

1GB RAM DDR3

30 GB HDD RAID10

1 IP

Bandwith Unlimited

Port 100mbs (Or Port 1 Gigabits- 500GB Bandwith)

Windows 2008R2 STANDAR(Included Licence)

LA

$7.00 (USE COUPON: 50OFF)

Order:

• elgselgs Member

SPLA has two license models, One is per instance of vm, the other one is per CPU unlimited vms. $7 is not enough for the first license model. The second one probably ok. But the second license seems to be more than $100 per CPU. In order for the vendor to break even, they have to run 15 Windows instance on a CPU, only for the SPLA license. So I don't think it's practical to get $7/month for Windows vm.

• @jason25 said:
    I Can:

INTEL XEON X5650

01 CORES

1GB RAM DDR3

30 GB HDD RAID10

1 IP

Bandwith Unlimited

Windows 2008R2 STANDAR(Included Licence)

LA

$7.00 (USE COUPON: 50OFF)

Order:

Only way I can see you doing this legally is HyperV ontop of Server DC edition, even then you must be stacking hard to make even on the license alone.

• @AshleyUk said:
    Only way I can see you doing this legally is HyperV ontop of Server DC edition, even then you must be stacking hard to make even on the license alone.

We do nothing illegal, so do not assume anything.

• Or you can choose this option:

https://cheapwindowsvps.com/manage/cart.php?a=confproduct&i=0

hence the price is $ 10.00, I do not see anyone saying the company of them is not illegal?

• nexusrainnexusrain Member
    edited August 2015

I've got a 3$/m Win 2012 VPS (1GB RAM, 25GB SSD) in Dallas, paid monthly, running fine so far. But just 1TB bandwidth, so no need to reveal the provider. Just wanted to show, that a 3$/m Win VPS is possible (but their "license" may not be this legit, sure).

@jason25 said:
    Bandwith Unlimited

This makes no fcking sense. You can push over 1TB in 24 hours through a 100MBit port, so - assuming the 100MBit would be dedicated and you shouldn't stop people from doing so, people could reach around 30TB traffic in 1 month on 100MBit. So what is this crap with 500GB @ 1GBit.

• I could easily do this in our new DC, but $7/month ain't gonna cut it. Raise that to $10 and I can do 5 TB @ 1gbit with Windows licensed.

• @jason25 said:
    We do nothing illegal, so do not assume anything.

I never was assuming you was doing it illegally, it was more pointing out in general and to the OP, that to get a Windows VM with a full license (not trial) like your offer, they was pushing very close to what was possible.

Thanked by 1KwiceroLTD
  • @AshleyUk said:

Not impossible tho, I can easily login to MSDN and pull up a license FOC.

• @KwiceroLTD said:
    Not impossible tho, I can easily login to MSDN and pull up a license FOC.

Selling a VM with a valid Microsoft License, either licensed per the VM or per the Node physical PROC cost more than $7 through SPLA, and that's not factoring in costs of the VM itself.

You are now allowed to resell or use a MSDN license to sell a product such as VMs, it is designed for the private use of developing e.t.c

Thanked by 1KwiceroLTD
  • VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

michaelphan said: Then I can increase my budget to $20

You never stated how many users, so I wouldn't know what specifications you'd need to "run the software well." Assuming you ordered the cheapest plan on weloveservers, that'd be 1TB ran out in 5 days and 1GB RAM. 1TB * 6 = 6TB. Since there's no such thing as unlimited, we can offer you 7TB bandwidth which should fit your needs.

We can offer you the following for $20 per month:

Windows Server 2012 (Licensed)
    100Mbps
    1GB RAM
    1 CPU Core
    7TB BW

It'd have to be a custom order on one of our servers with low traffic usage, so please contact us if you're interested.