Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

meebox, a 4 EUR/mo "Cloud" VPS in Denmark
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

meebox, a 4 EUR/mo "Cloud" VPS in Denmark

rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
edited August 2015 in Offers

A friend found a nice DO-like "Cloud" VPS provider in a pretty rare location, Denmark.

4 EUR/mo for 512 MB of RAM, 20GB SSD, 1TB bandwidth, IPv6 support.

Seems to be KVM or some other full-virtualization, a nicely made website and a nice company in general.

I have not used them personally, so if anyone tries or uses their service already, post your reviews.

Comments

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

It even has that rocket that everyone uses today!!! Must be a good company!!!

Sorry, just had to ... Looks like a pretty good offer.

Thanked by 1elgs
  • Seems actually nice especially for a quite different location, except for the fact that they call FreeBSD "One of the most prefered linux distros among system administrators and DevOps".

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited August 2015

There order system seems broken. I was going to order to test it out but when I select paypal first it errors then when testing it again it redirects to a credit card form instead and will not allow me to proceed to pay by paypal. Not sure what the deal is, but it may be a deal breaker for me.

Update: they are using the wrong URL for the payment, it redirects you to www.live.paypal.com instead of www.paypal.com. I changed the URL and it worked for me, but there is obviously an issue with their configuration.

Update 2: seems IPN is broken as well as they are not showing my payment. First ticket already opened to this provider, lets see how long this takes to resolve...

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

• It looks like they use VMWare and OnApp.

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

Good find. Most likely the cheapest offer available in DK, by far.

• deployvmdeployvm Member, Host Rep

@rm_ said:

I've known about MeeBox (Netgroup) quite a while ago although I haven't used them. They are a large ISP in Denmark with a quality network. They do peer with Cogent - maybe not preferable. The virtual server performance should be great.

They have several OnApp deployments. Previously, they were using Flexiant.

@rm_ I have sent you a PM with something interesting about their services :)

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited August 2015

deployvm said: something interesting about their services :)

Well now you make it sound way more intriguing than it deserves to be.
    Everyone is going to think there's something wrong or fishy about meebox.
    As @deployvm asked not to share the PM, I can only say it was not about this offer, but a way to get a similar specs VPS free for about 2 months at a different VPS service. Probably @deployvm doesn't want them to be overrun with LET abusers, which is understandable.

Thanked by 1deployvm
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited August 2015

Looks great, I really hate it when hosts backwards scale disk space though, 4EUR for 20GB or 64EUR for 120GB which is 16x the money for only 5x more disk when comparing the 512mb plan to the 8GB plan (16x the ram at 16x the cost)

Thanked by 1cassa
  • TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited August 2015

Not bad, just got a response to my ticket and the server should be online shortly.

Cheers!

• elgselgs Member
    edited August 2015

Just bought one. IP in Copenhagen. KVM. The only problem is all their emails are sent in another language, probably Danish, and a few parts of the control panel are in that language, at least the support page.

• Site is nice but can anybody tell me do they have Windows?

• elgselgs Member

@tronyx said:
    Site is nice but can anybody tell me do they have Windows?

Yes, I saw Windows from their OS list.